Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you believe it is possible to win a poker tournament without performing 3-bets during the hands of the match?

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. If for no other reason, I don't think you can win a tournament without shoving in many spots, particularly in late stage play. These shoves are going to technically be 3-bets in many instances.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory, I guess it would be possible if the tournament field also had very weak players, but even still it would be highly unlikely to win without 3-betting. At higher skill levels, 3-betting a certain frequency is necessary to not become exploitable.

3-betting is simply one of many "moves" you can choose from and it doesn't make sense to limit your options; 3-betting is very important and you'd need a strong reason to 3-bet less (and not at all is even harder to justify!).

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anything is possible in poker, but 3 betting is an important part of pre flop strategy to isolate and play heads up or build a pot with premium hands,

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you believe it is possible to win a poker tournament without performing 3-bets during the hands of the match?
Of course! How to win a poker tournament: Accumulating all chips.
How you're going to do that I don't know. You have to use some strategy.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you consider "sit and go" format as tournament, I would dare to say, maybe, mainly, the 9 and 18 max you could do it, more than 18 players things starts to stay harder, once to reach the top you will need to, often, double your stack.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is self-deception because 3Bet is an integral part of poker.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars