Texas hold'em NL or Omaha PL (for beginners)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'd like to know based on your experiences, which is better to improve our skills, Texas hold'em No Limit or Omaha Pot Limit? Any other suggestions? :hmmmm2:

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t quite understand your question, but my opinion is that every thing starts from Texas Holdem. Master first that then go to other kinds of poker games.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is always better to start with freerolls. The largest number of freerolls available is only from NL Hold'em. Therefore, I am convinced that NL Hold'em is the best option.

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is always better to start with freerolls. The largest number of freerolls available is only from NL Hold'em. Therefore, I am convinced that NL Hold'em is the best option.

Thank you, I also think the same. I just wanna know what other have to say about this.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I'd like to know based on your experiences, which is better to improve our skills, Texas hold'em No Limit or Omaha Pot Limit? Any other suggestions? :hmmmm2:

Thank U 4 posting

PLO is better in the early stages to improve your skills

The reason is you have to learn to read the board and think about your V’s cards. You often get to play every street in PLO where as you seldom play every street in NL unless you are playing deep stacked

This teaches you to recognize when the nuts change on each street and you learn quickly not to chase with weaker hands as second best hands crush you in both games.

Hope this helps

:)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 posting

PLO is better in the early stages to improve your skills

The reason is you have to learn to read the board and think about your V’s cards. You often get to play every street in PLO where as you seldom play every street in NL unless you are playing deep stacked

This teaches you to recognize when the nuts change on each street and you learn quickly not to chase with weaker hands as second best hands crush you in both games.

Hope this helps

:)

I like your point of view, it helps me a lot. I'm going to organize a PLO game at home with friends to start practicing (we all have the same level).

Thank you!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your point of view, it helps me a lot. I'm going to organize a PLO game at home with friends to start practicing (we all have the same level).

Thank you!

Thank U 4 responding

For fun and practice make the home game deep stacks relative to the blinds. PLO plays deeper than NL because of multiple callers. 200 bb would be good
Most players open for pot and get called by 2+ players making the pot 9bb then someone pots the flop and gets called by 2+ making the pot 36bb on the turn or more meaning river pot bets are for stacks at 100bb stacks. That means no river strategy beyond call or fold. When learning you want to have more complex river decisions than that.

As the bettor on the river you want to be aware of potential bluffs and it forces you to learn proper bet sizing on all streets. Pot size bets are not the best sizing every hand

Hope this helps
:):)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 responding

For fun and practice make the home game deep stacks relative to the blinds. PLO plays deeper than NL because of multiple callers. 200 bb would be good
Most players open for pot and get called by 2+ players making the pot 9bb then someone pots the flop and gets called by 2+ making the pot 36bb on the turn or more meaning river pot bets are for stacks at 100bb stacks. That means no river strategy beyond call or fold. When learning you want to have more complex river decisions than that.

As the bettor on the river you want to be aware of potential bluffs and it forces you to learn proper bet sizing on all streets. Pot size bets are not the best sizing every hand

Hope this helps
:):)

Of course it helps me, thanks. I was just searching for PLO resources and your guidelines I'm sure will work like a charm.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas hold'em is the best choice for beginners