Chips
play them when blinds are small or you are in a good position

R

RedEyeRonny77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play suited connectors, even the low ones. I will call the blind or a low raise with ANY suited connector and when playing freerolls I generally have pretty decent luck just with connectors even if they aren't suited...

A lot depends on your table image, if you're a super tight player, then I think it's a good idea to have a look at the odd suited / unsuited connector just to be in the hand. If your current table image is of a tight player then all you should need do is bet and they'll be folding most of the time :)

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely with eidikos, if you want to play solid and win money that's the approach

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also arjonius makes the most important point -small ball requires some serious post flop skill, you have to make decisions and think about the implications on later streets. it takes experience

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are easy to play. It tells you to get out if it doesnt connect on the flop.
7-6s and above are mostly played online.
Suited connectors are profitable on tournaments but not so much on cash games.

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Dave gave a perfect answer.

Personally, one of the very few times I play them is when I'm button or one of the blinds, with lots of limpers ahead of me, where for 1/2 a blind or less I can see the flop. With the size of the pot, you're getting very good value if anything good hits. Yes, rare, but it happens, and can pay off big.

This answer is the one. Too many variables to make suited connectors cut and dry. I try to blend them in depending on alot of different things going on in the game and at the table. And pure old gut. When youre running good they look a whole lot better. lol

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I can see a flop for cheap I will but if people at the table are raising preflop every hand I wont bother unless in late position and I can. or when the blinds get big ill stop playing hands like that.but if people let me play it I will, then they scream and yellwhen you bust there aces when they try slow playing them.lol :bootyshak

Haha +1 to this perfect tip! :)

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the best hands against players like you who only play certain hands :)
U must try to play with them

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are profitable on tournaments but not so much on cash games.
I think the opposite is true. Suited connectors play best with deep stacks where you can get paid off enough to compensate for the cost of playing them. Deep is the norm in cash games, but only in the first stages of tournament play.

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are they similar to pocket pairs with implied odds ?
Yes, but when you hit your set it's not obvious on the board. But when you hit a flush or straight, the evidence is there and it become a question of whether they look you up or not.