papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Composure, calmness and not being tired. or write missing !!!!

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no general strategy, poker is dynamic, you have to be able to adapt at each table

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the only strategy that increases your chances of winning is to stay patient, always stick to bankroll management and never play with junk. This strategy works and usually gives me good results.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the game of tournament poker! For example, I'm not a big fan of tournaments, I do not have enough perseverance!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
if you play tournament you have to br patirnt and take your time
you can fold also some hands even if you thinkit's a winner
that's the only way to go till the end

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has many skills, but luck has a 30% chance of winning.

I don't think it need a precise strategy.

I like the sense of humor with the percentages :D Reminds me of Phil Hellmuth answering how much luck is in poker: "Poker is 100% skill and 50% luck." ;)

Joking aside, no strategy would not have some drawbacks to it; poker is no different.

The secret is to play less hands. Patience wins and be aggressive with good hands. No slow playing. And sometimes, like Phil Helmuth says, you got to fold the best hand.

Playing tighter certainly has many virtues, but note that this does NOT impact variance at all! Playing less hands simply means you'll lose less often but also win less often. Pocket Aces are still about 85% favorites against a random starting hand - doesn't matter if a nit holds the Aces or a maniac.

if you are on your lucky day you will break a pair of aces with 72 off, and nothing will stop you from winning that specific tournament, but after that you will have to learn to play unfortunately.

Depends how "seriously" you are about winning. There is nothing wrong with bluffing 72o at casual homegames and having fun, but everyone knows that this objectively bad starting hand is not something you want to habitually play if you want to win long-term. What pro doesn't "mix it up" or play 72o to alter their table image? However, I'd start learning to avoid hands like these now. Why wait?

there is no general strategy, poker is dynamic, you have to be able to adapt at each table

+1 I think too many players set up a game "strategy" but then never adapt; it is okay to change game plans mid-game. Maybe an opponent is getting out of line, or perhaps the blinds and antes rising changes the effective stacks etc. Never altering "strategy" at all might be an exploitable strategy in itself!

I think the only strategy that increases your chances of winning is to stay patient, always stick to bankroll management and never play with junk. This strategy works and usually gives me good results.

Nice. :) Poker is a dynamic game where many play-styles and strategies can be winning ones, but all of the successful ones also share some things in common. Patience is one of those virtues. Even a successful LAG player is patient for the right situation. Patience is not just about nits folding all the time; it can also be patience with hand selection or when to "make moves."

As for bankroll management, I don't know if I'd consider this a strategy per se, but if it counts, then it is a must for ANY play-style!

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is impossible to win in every tournament, but you need to learn to play correctly, analyze your mistakes, your winnings and losses. In a separate tournament or in a separate hand, you may not be lucky, but if you do everything right, then over time the result will be positive and you will play a plus in the distance. So don't waste time at least watching videos or streams (I've seen from my own experience that it helps). Good luck to everyone at the tables !!!!

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a poker tournament you need a lot of luck. You will have to put your tournament life at risk in 50:50 situations. Then a coinflip decides whether you stay in the tournament or you will be eliminated. Nevertheless, there are tournament strategies with which you can reach the prize money more often. In cash games you will have long-term success with a good strategy. But the variance in poker is high. That means you can play long with a good strategy without making a profit. That's why you only make a profit with online poker if you play 8 hours a day at 20 tables. Otherwise you will fail because of the variance.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that there is a winning strategy in poker. You need to be able to adapt to your opponents, know the math of the game and play a lot of tables a day. I once played 70 tables a day MTSNG/MTT

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a precise strategy to guarantee victory in poker .. Because you can very well collect a lot of chips and advance to a tournament and go far .. But it is enough that luck puts you in an accident like for example one of your opponents sends a whole in and in your hand you with KK .. You cannot give up your hand .. and the risk of crash is always obvious even if your opponent has 22..44 .. etc. .. What do you think

POKER CAN'T BE PLAYED WITH OUT LUCK
LUCK IS AS PART OF THE GAME AS MUCH AS THE CARDS OR SEQUENCE OF POSSIBLE ACTIONS

Have you ever played a game of poker that didn't involve luck....
So why is everybody whining about luck
BDSM suck that sh*& up and smile:D

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy of victory and luck is not to be afraid to play actively with any card and remember any card is victorious, many play carefully and in the end everyone loses.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy is to be patient and wait for the right moment ... wait for your hands and then strike and with a little luck you will eventually be at the final table :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The strategy of victory and luck is not to be afraid to play actively with any card and remember any card is victorious, many play carefully and in the end everyone loses.

Something I do not quite understand you !!! You think aggressive play will help you win no matter what hand you have ???

avangard555

avangard555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are short-term victories, and there are prospects for future victories. We have to play for a long time ...