Strategy to win

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is a precise strategy to guarantee victory in poker .. Because you can very well collect a lot of chips and advance to a tournament and go far .. But it is enough that luck puts you in an accident like for example one of your opponents sends a whole in and in your hand you with KK .. You cannot give up your hand .. and the risk of crash is always obvious even if your opponent has 22..44 .. etc. .. What do you think

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play strong hands, and you should not slow play.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win every tournament no matter how good you are. Professional poker players cash a fraction of their buy ins and win even fewer. The skill ceiling of poker is incredibly high, but, like most skills, the more skilled you are, the harder it is to progress your skills. Even the best poker players aren't able to consistently cash in tournaments. They aren't immune to losing streaks, they can lose hundreds of tournaments before finding themselves on a final table.

Poker is a mix of skill and luck. Without skill you'll lose money in the long term. And without luck you'll lose money in the short term. You need both.

Sure, you win a tournament because you double up having KK against 22. But, if you want to turn poker into a source of income rather than a means of gambling, you need to be better than those you play against.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are endless strategies, whether you are loose or tight/whether you are passive or aggressive (should be aggressive whether loose or tight). But these are foundation types, then you need to advance in your style.

And within these styles are endless decisions you will have to make. I regard poker as a highly strategized game. Of course you need some luck too but luck will not get you far on its own.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has many skills, but luck has a 30% chance of winning.

I don't think it need a precise strategy.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a precise strategy to guarantee victory in poker .. Because you can very well collect a lot of chips and advance to a tournament and go far .. But it is enough that luck puts you in an accident like for example one of your opponents sends a whole in and in your hand you with KK .. You cannot give up your hand .. and the risk of crash is always obvious even if your opponent has 22..44 .. etc. .. What do you think
In poker, any hand can win or lose! For a successful game, you need to learn to make positive decisions-this is the only way to success!

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is important to study the game, improve, and enjoy it:)

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The secret is to play less hands. Patience wins and be aggressive with good hands. No slow playing. And sometimes, like Phil Helmuth says, you got to fold the best hand.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
be very patient and learn to fold hands in situations where most of them go all in simply for the cards and not analyzing the situation or the development of the game, bluffing and analyzing the opponents in their game, it is a small part but it is basic to win:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win every tournament no matter how good you are. Professional poker players cash a fraction of their buy ins and win even fewer. The skill ceiling of poker is incredibly high, but, like most skills, the more skilled you are, the harder it is to progress your skills. Even the best poker players aren't able to consistently cash in tournaments. They aren't immune to losing streaks, they can lose hundreds of tournaments before finding themselves on a final table.

Poker is a mix of skill and luck. Without skill you'll lose money in the long term. And without luck you'll lose money in the short term. You need both.

Sure, you win a tournament because you double up having KK against 22. But, if you want to turn poker into a source of income rather than a means of gambling, you need to be better than those you play against.
That's the same things that my brother (coach) said me every time cause I'm not patient in game but I've good skills and a little bit of luck...in good mix to be a winner but i have never surmounted my big problem...the patients

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are on your lucky day you will break a pair of aces with 72 off, and nothing will stop you from winning that specific tournament, but after that you will have to learn to play unfortunately.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is certain. more times depending on the opponent's profile and the value of your tournament you must know how to leave KK AA QQ JJ. yesterday in a qualifying tournament for the next stage the opponent had QQ I AA he gave alli in I did not go with AA if I had gone I had lost to a queen flush I ended the qualification with 645k of chips if I had lost all of them.

if you are on your lucky day you will break a pair of aces with 72 off, and nothing will stop you from winning that specific tournament, but after that you will have to learn to play unfortunately.
that's even if we depend only on luck in poker, many would win directly because the probability of luck is greater than the knowledge of many.

Last edited by a moderator:

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you fold KK for aggression, you don't have to play poker. I always call with KK.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find your reflection quite interesting. In fact, I also think the same way. Anything can happen, but if we manage to accumulate enough chips throughout a tournament, it is easier to move forward. Patience and self-control are also essential.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is certain. more times depending on the opponent's profile and the value of your tournament you must know how to leave KK AA QQ JJ. yesterday in a qualifying tournament for the next stage the opponent had QQ I AA he gave alli in I did not go with AA if I had gone I had lost to a queen flush I ended the qualification with 645k of chips if I had lost all of them.
Good decision, it happened to me a few times I gave up with AA and KK .. In tournaments I have a lot of chips and there is little left to reach the final table and it was also a good decision because if I followed I would have lost.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not luck

I'll give you a reason that proves that poker is not just about luck. you know why I say that most of those who win are the ones who raise the bet on the blef if you are lucky the lucky one would win for example: yesterday I went to a game with 22 in the hand that the guy had A5. was another with 87 was at the table AKJ56 came out who would win the game who was lucky with A5 or who bluffed 22 and got it right..A5 came out after everything pre-flop.

Last edited:
J

jake coady

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

You really can win almost every tournament you play, by win I mean just make the money and it's not hard.. on average I'll cash in about 80% of my tournaments.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
was leader in a tournament and lost all my chips with twice KK in a row
that's why in poker you're never sure to win even if you have AA
But good luck at tables

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Looks like BlackRain79 may have a good idea. Start playing really low .01/.02 on say 9 tables. It may be profitable and work for the best.

As far as variance, you are right. There is a lot to factors in poker and very little time to consume it all before each hand has to be played. Call me SloMo if you like.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each game is different, so you have to adjust to your mood, your opponents mood the mood in the room. Some many things that balance your game and even after that you may still loose. Just get back in and try again. Wonder the percentage wins the pros have. 20% 40% maybe 20% in the big games and 60 percent small money games. Nice to know

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The winning strategy is not to lose.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments with kilopholes, like at pokerstars, luck decides, regardless of your skill, the CIS is another matter or the cash game is different!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Want a strategy? There is nothing complicated, create banks of approximately the same size and play only good hands, so you will win more often when you invest money in the bank, which means your stack will grow, the main disadvantage of this is to try not to play for everything. At the same time, do not forget about the bluff and use the equity fold. In theory, everything looks simple, everything is spoiled by emotions, impatience and the human factor.:)