Strategies against players who call every bet

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a certain position you can increase the value of the bet to be able to extract more chips

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the cards will come if you have patience and have a good range will be fundamental these 2 requirements for a good tour

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes turbo tournaments we do not have much time to explore good cards and to study the table players ...

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience and pivotal in a poker tournament .... focus on the game and explore the players

a good read of the flop and your opponent will help you have the best decision at the time of a fold

Last edited by a moderator:
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I slowed played these hands and got beat multiple times. I think the best is to take as much as you can and run. Seems especially on line bad beats are the norm

Slow play In which manner exactly? Did you limp, did you min raise and Check flop or something, exactly how did the slow play happen?

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play In which manner exactly? Did you limp, did you min raise and Check flop or something, exactly how did the slow play happen?
So I 1 bump to weed out limpers then wait for the flop. If I get a hit then no more than 3 bump depending on position. So the turn opens all kinds of bad beats possibles so tender my bet example i have a flush q high 3 suit there after the turn. So quit betting all in because no a bad beat is coming 3 bump most

Now tell me a little out there beats my q 10 flush really

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rock is there a better way to play it your thoughts

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play strong wiht a good hands ( AA KK QQ JJ ) or go all in with it. Often they win the hands with almost nothing but in a long and patient game you get it.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient - don't try to bluff them cause they are likely to call your bluff. As others have said, play tight and only play premium hands - eventually they'll get caught. Look at them as an opportunity to be exploited - if they are going to call every hand, they will lose their money and you want to be the one they lose it to.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, patience, patience. Its so hard bc you know they just like to push.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds blatantly obvious but when up against someone who calls every hand you just have to wait it out and bet when you catch a solid hand...

I do fall into the trap sometimes of believing I can get the calling station to fold. It turns into a pride thing and I tend to avoid doing the right thing.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

I have had some problems with players who call every bet I make even though I feel they have a low pair.

I just can't seem to get read on them because in poker I can't sit around waiting for hands especially when blinds go up rapidly fast but I also cannot seem to take away pots from other players because they are either going over the top or calling every bet.

How to deal with situations like this?

I have noted a relationship between players who call, raise, re-raise or go all-in almost every hand and those who try to buy the game. That is - if we are talking about games like these where rebuys are permitted... Usually they are not good poker players. They are bluffers, raisers, re-raisers, buyers and re-buyers, meaning if you call their bluff and beat them, they will simply buy their way back into the game time after time after time. The strategy behind bluffing and raising and re-raising and buying and rebuying is to build up their bankroll by betting so high that it paralyzes other players by instilling within them the fear of losing either their stack or a major part of it.

As a result, opponents often fold, and the bluffers, raisers, re-raisers, buyers and re-buyers end up stealing a lot of pots they otherwise would not have. If you succumb to their strategy, then you start playing scared.... but hang in there because... Sooner or later, their bluffing catches up to them, especially when they begin to feel omnipotent, like they can do what they do whenever they feel like it, and then they start to lose again and again and again until they run out of money for re-buys. Mind you, they do at times get good cards, so the best way to beat them is to follow the advice of the many contributors who have already answered your question and to play good cards when you get them.

Hey, here is a little poker poem!
by Doug McFarlane

I can go into it chapter and verse,
but the long and the short is this.
Poker's of chance, of math and of skill,
of all intuitions and will.
And, I am saying this 'cuz I've noticed the times
you have used the expression, "I can't...."
The truth is you can, that you must, that you will
if ever you are ever to win.
Every rule in poker is as much to be followed as broken,
and the decider of when that happens is you.
It's all in the study of the game and its players,
and the greatest of these studies is "you."
Learn patience, be disciplined, wait for the good ones.
Sometimes they will come; sometimes they just won't.
Sometimes their the difference in winning and losing.
You can't win them all, but you don't have always to lose.
It's the choices you make with the cards that you have
that will often decide what's a win or a loss.
Guard well your stack, don't let it go under.
It's the key to your table, your tourney, your win...
Don't always you call, raise or re-raise.
Sometimes that's the game of the fool.
There is gold in the check as much as the fold...
because sometimes when you can't win, you can choose not to lose.
Through upswings and downswings hold tough to that stack,
'til the good ones come, and Lord's wonder...they will...
cuz you'll need all those chips as you win :)wink:) by attack.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not bluff, play only the top of its usual range of hands. This is the key to success

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The optimum range you play depends on the other players as well as your stack and strategy.
Here: at least 1 of the other players is a calling station
So: never bluff, likely reduce your range

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is me...I played freeroll 3 days ago. I played all the hands. After 30 mins of playing Im already the top 3. I played bad and good hands same way... I finished 42 placed they caught at the end...

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, aren't we talking about Fish here?

They are literally the easiest players to beat. You should be able to learn the strength of their hand preflop, I would lean towards min raising/betting, and trapping them on the turn.

If they have a strong hand, you'll know, just play the turn strong and if they don't fold they probably have you beat. These players sometimes let you check to the showdown so I'd actually check the river if they don't fold to my turn bet (usually 3/4 pot or higher).