• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Startup bankroll rules.

Walter Waldner

Walter Waldner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you guys started from the beginning, building a bank roll from scratch, how strict were your rules for BRM.
I've been thinking about that a lot the last couple weeks. Since I'm gonna be starting with a $10 bankroll I'll be playing 1/2 cent blinds with a max buy in of $2.
My number 1 rule will be that if I loose half of what I bought into the game with I will quit playing for the day. I made this rule because it will help minimize tilt from me chasing my losses.
Rule number 2 will be that if I don't loose but double my stack I will quit playing for that day also. This rule is in place to keep me from getting too careless with my stack and making bad calls and such because I think I can afford too with a big stack.
In summary I understand that in the longer run that I could be loosing money playing by those rules. Those rules will only be I place till I have the proper BR to play 1/2 cent blinds.
I'm open to suggestions and what you guys think about my plan.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with that tear bench playing the SNG 0.02, to reach 20 or 30 dollars and then play 0.10

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before joining table I set loss limit for myself. If I win then I raise loss limit higher.

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe is good to set a loss limit. I'm not a fan of a win limit though. If you have done well and want to cash out to protect your stack, then take a break and come back later with your standard buy-in so that you are comfortable. Playing scared is just as bad as playing on tilt imo. Gl!

L

Leslie Barnfather

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you doubled your stack because of poor players at the table - why quit?
You want to take as much money off the poor players while you can.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Rules - Poker Games