Stack - Position - Cards

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think it s more important in the poker game?!

You prefer to have good cards in hand, god stack or good position?!

Of corse that poker it is a complex game and all the probabilities have been this tree objects in the context.

But, what do you think it is more important for you, and why?!

And if would you choose between two for start your game, what you ll chose?!

Stack and position?!
Cards and stack?!
Position and cards?!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All three factors are important and crucial in decision making. These concepts cannot be separated.
But in general, the most important thing will always be the player's patience.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Those 3 are all important in poker, but you can't actually prefer one to the others since they are closely connected. Having a good stack is a huge advantage and building it is the main goal when you are playing. In order to do that, you should always try to play in position except when you have a good hand. So, being able to adapt and use situations to your advantage is what poker is all about.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I think, if you have very patience, if you play several tight.
When you bet yours opponent, normally you can’t call for table.
All three factors are important and crucial in decision making. These concepts cannot be separated.
But in general, the most important thing will always be the player's patience.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that position in the table is several variables.

Some times. When you are out position, you bet and other opponents in your left fold, soon you are in good position for button.

A think that position depend of all yours opponents is they are tight, agressive and about the form of play.
Those 3 are all important in poker, but you can't actually prefer one to the others since they are closely connected. Having a good stack is a huge advantage and building it is the main goal when you are playing. In order to do that, you should always try to play in position except when you have a good hand. So, being able to adapt and use situations to your advantage is what poker is all about.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think that position in the table is several variables.

Some times. When you are out position, you bet and other opponents in your left fold, soon you are in good position for button.

A think that position depend of all yours opponents is they are tight, agressive and about the form of play.

True especially when you wake up with a monster OOP like I said above.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
But I think, if you have very patience, if you play several tight.
When you bet yours opponent, normally you can’t call for table.

I have been playing poker for over 11 years. Over the years, I have learned to be patient.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good cards would far out way most other factors.
Cards
Cards
Cards
Many will say position or stack size

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I think the same mode.

Some time is good you have a good stack and other time is important you have position. But the cards a think is more important in long time.

Good cards would far out way most other factors.
Cards
Cards
Cards
Many will say position or stack size

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose cards and stack. Because if you don't have cards, you won't participate in the game, and if you don't have stack, even if you win, you won't make much profit.

W

WinJay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hand and position

Of corse that poker it is a complex game and all the probabilities have been this tree objects in the context.

Stack and position?!
Cards and stack?!
Position and cards?!

I prefer position and hand, because hand is something that can be bad for pretty long time, but position is something that is circular and predictable in time. So we can say that descent hand in good position is more preferable than good hand with good stack, because position can break your chances to realise your equity.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My Two Cents Observation

Basically, I think that you have the order stated correctly in 'your Thread title' which is: Stack - Position - Cards.

However, as we all should know, that in poker, there are several other factors to consider (what type of game ... Cash, Tournament, SnG etc; how many players are on the table; where you are in the game ... early, late, final table; What's your mental notes say about each player ... how do they tend to play; what is your objective at this point of playing etc).

A 'large chip stack' provides one with greater options, flexibility and confidence in playing any hand and in any position...improves your starting range.

'Good position' also improves your options, flexibility and confidence since you have already observed most of the other players intent/thoughts and most of the players will be playing before you after the flop (which makes up 60% of the common cards). You have a better understanding of the situation you face.

'Good starting cards' are always a plus (mainly before the flop), but they can become more of a liability after the flop based on the actual flop and how others play. Getting 'married to great hole cards' can be a disaster.

Good luck on the poker felt and in living life ... similar they can be.

Namaste, Wally :deal:

Stack and position?!
Cards and stack?!
Position and cards?!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The stack always plays an important role in the game. And only then the cards.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you could chose only opinion, what would you prefer?!

I choose cards and stack. Because if you don't have cards, you won't participate in the game, and if you don't have stack, even if you win, you won't make much profit.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the problem of big stack is how much you can to be comfortable for put in risco you stack against several opponents for several hands.

What to put your stacks in risck and to tune your big stack more and more little.

Soon I think of all modal you need cards too….

Basically, I think that you have the order stated correctly in 'your Thread title' which is: Stack - Position - Cards.

However, as we all should know, that in poker, there are several other factors to consider (what type of game ... Cash, Tournament, SnG etc; how many players are on the table; where you are in the game ... early, late, final table; What's your mental notes say about each player ... how do they tend to play; what is your objective at this point of playing etc).

A 'large chip stack' provides one with greater options, flexibility and confidence in playing any hand and in any position...improves your starting range.

'Good position' also improves your options, flexibility and confidence since you have already observed most of the other players intent/thoughts and most of the players will be playing before you after the flop (which makes up 60% of the common cards). You have a better understanding of the situation you face.

'Good starting cards' are always a plus (mainly before the flop), but they can become more of a liability after the flop based on the actual flop and how others play. Getting 'married to great hole cards' can be a disaster.

Good luck on the poker felt and in living life ... similar they can be.

Namaste, Wally :deal: