Small pairs..

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always lose with small pairs all in preflop.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation.
It may also wins a pot with a large number of participants.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Small pairs are typically fairly easy to play.
You miss the flop and they are easy enough to get away from.
Not much more to it.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From utg I only play 77 or higher, and go with small pairs with positions, but it is very situational, low stack I shove almost with every pair with one caller possible two.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Buddies, small pairs, like 55, 22, have been coming in hand a lot lately. And here at their sight I try not to be afraid to make three-bet, hoping to see a set, but the set is not such a frequent phenomenon, so most often I just press fold after the flop, when some aggression begins. :(

So, I need your advice. What's the right way to play such hands? :confused:

I like to play small pairs, especially when I'm in the big-blaind, the hand is well hidden. If I hit my set the chance of doubling my chips is great.:D

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I play low pairs and the play comes to me with a bet made beforehand, I just call the bet and see the three cards face up.

a If I make my set, I only call the aggressor's c-bet depending on the flop.

for example: I have par 33 On the flop

opens KQ3

the hand aggressor c-bets

In this situation I only pay why the bully might have hands like:
KQ
AJ
AQ
AK

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hmm... I more often fold them pre-flop, but thanks so much to some people here offering stats and strategies with small pairs especially against strong cards! It will be interesting to try!

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Love to play em. Love to hit em. Don't hit to often. Love to try.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I discard 22 , 33 , 44 in early positions (UTG , UTG+1 , UTG+2) even with stacks like 30+bbs . I open raise something like 55 or 66+. The later the open raise position the wider we can open those, I mean in MP we can open raise 22+ with 30+.[I adapt my range though based on the lineup of my opponents].

In the micros I play I like flatting 22-88 or 99 because no one gonna squeeze behind so I find no reason why not to set mine with 25-30 bbs or deeper, right?If we hit we will get paid!

I don't 3bet light with small-middle pocket pairs unless I have the intention to make a 3bet/call play with 88+ I guess?!?!

With stacks 15-20 bbs I tighten up my open raise range because every BB matters.It's a more profitable move to open jam from every position something like 66+ , first and foremost it's an unexploitable move plus we use all the FE we can get. A good player may knows that our range is capped but still. I mean a good player never open shoves JJ+ almost never.

With 15-20 bbs we don't want to open as I wrote above middle pairs , especially in ICM situations , mainly because we unblock every re-shovable hand. We block nothing in simple words and we will face super marginal situations. That's why it's preferable to open jam pairs.