Small pairs

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About the game with small pairs is written hundreds statey-- main thesis is not to play from early position and does not come under the 3 beta! The rest depends on the opponents and the table dynamics.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
UTG and UTG+1 I'm folding 22 through 66. From mid position with no raisers in front I'm raising.

If facing a raise, it would depend on the opponent. If they're tightish, I will fold and give them credit for a hand, if they're loose and splashly, I'm going to 3-bet them most of the time.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion has several way to play with a small pair, it depends on your chips your opponent, defending BG betting final position if no player bet. because you can get a set and extract many chips over card

S

Smally87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s nice to see a flop with them, and it’s easy to play with them. If you hit yours set , you can win a big pot, if you don’t, it’s easy to throw them away. I play them like call, and don’t play them from early position

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the best way to play such small pairs of similarities 22,33,44,55 your opinion?
don't limp! small pocket pairs are such a good hand that you need to raise without hesitation when the move passes to you. In no case should you play limp pairs in a 6-max game; at such tables aggression is a key factor, and if the position does not allow you to raise pre-flop, then you should definitely not limp.
make a cbet anyway
study the range of opponents' hands for a more informed decision. If you are sure that you have the best hand - make a bet; if you are sure that the opponent will fold - make a bet. gl)