Should You C-Bet? (Day 8 Course Discussion)

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As a micro stakes player or freeroler

Not c bet in 1st situation but I would bet that Ace on the river

2nd one c bet (with temptation to bluff on turn and river if not raised)

Category #3 it’s tricky one and many times in last couple days put me into trap. Post flop check back from the rest of the table and same after turn slowly was giving me sense that I’m owning this hand than bet in the end and lost

Like you guys mention above
Micro stakes and freerolls are wild

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is important to know that sometimes it is not necessary to make a continuation bet. Since if we have the hand won on the flop, we must want the villain to get a hand on the turn or river and bet we can Raise or Reraise. Doesn't it matter that we don't get any value by not betting on the turn?

I thought it was important to almost always continuation bet when we have position, even if we haven't hit anything. If we throw the villain through the Cbet we would already be winning something. Of course, if we have a monster tied, we want the villain to keep calling or to raise.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, thanks for the day 8, is good to know when use c-bet.
1. A3s: in this situation no c-bet because there are 3 player playing and the flop is wet if we c-bet maybe someone can re-raise and will be in trouble.
2. 89o: we c-bet because is dry flop and we have project to straight and make the villain fold and win the pot.

MikeDeez

MikeDeez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
C-bet or no c-bet? To make this decision I find is pretty much easy to do once you evaluate the situation. I feel it’s best if you can, to seize the betting lead and apply pressure unless you got the nuts and want to slow play. Thanks again for the lesson

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Day 8 completed. Understanding when and why to make a continuation bet can greatly improve poker strategy. Thank you for sharing this lesson