Should I play very tight in freerolls?

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well on start i play them thight cuz there is soo much kamikaze players on freerolls.

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, players usually play like crazy, paying and giving all-in with anything in the beginning.

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always should start playing tight in freerolls at the beginning, but don't miss the chances where you can win a real big pot. Otherwise the blinds will tilt you...

R

RyanRake93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play super tight and aggressively with your premiums especially for the first hour. I just lost KK against 7 10 spades, preflop all in and typically the flush came out. These beats do happen often but if you continue playing this certain way you will eventually come out on top. GL

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I play tight but very aggressive if you have a great hand like a flush or full house. The good thing about these tourneys is that you will probably get a caller if you go all in on a big hand as some people will call anything.

S

spitzy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally in free rolls I play pretty loose early on to try and get a decent stack and get more tight as the tournament progresses, reason for this is that most freerolls has many thousand players and theres no point sitting playing tight for multiple hours for such an small prize pool that freerolls usually have. But this is just personal preference.

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
suppose it depends how many players are in the freeroll,and what the payout structure is,i mean playing tight when only a handful out of thousands get money,im play loose and fast hoping get lucky or hit the rail.if its a big payout and loads get money i might play a little tighter lol.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to make money you have to play
but akoigraesh prostoda you pass the time more first hand mine to give everything

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listen,to beat the freerolls,you have to beat the Donkeys! How hard is it! they go all in with junk hands,,,you should beat them easily,if you can`t well,,,every freeroll i play,i have 10 000 chips within the first 10 mins,these are horrible players,,,yes,sometimes they had a decent hand but if your hand is strong,it shoud`t be a prob,,,unless you play junk too. Peace:cool:

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play slowly will not reach the final table, and this is your goal home

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls with a (very) large field and specially when levels are short at the beginning game must be tight cause players will play with whatever they have in hand and a lot of them will bust quickly

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I usually do is play tight at the beginning until I get a premium hand. It is more luck at the beginning of the freeroll since there too many loose players that wants to mess up the solid players chances of winning.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That fact what you finnished 2~~~ place don't playing was just on your luck to be entered in slow-playing tables. If you want to get high-prizes zone you must reach your stack in early stage of tournament, playing just premium hands, going all-in. And with aggresive, sometimes bluffin strategy you must grow up your stack then.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is the wrong way to play in the early stages of the tournament very tight

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I would recommend playing very tight as well because there are so many donks that will be shoving and calling with air. You do have to be wary about the board because a decent amount of players will call with weak draws and then shove over the top and you will get tilted without a doubt.

Freeroll Passwords