$$$ September Micro SNG Thread $$$

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think he is raising on the river after you overbet?
Looking back on it I think I was far too quick on my decisions. This was my first go at the $3 sitngos and to get heads up I was a little excited. Once I had pocket kings I think I got tunnel vision and wasnt looking for draws at all, I guess this is to do with my inexperience aswell. Looking at it now I dont really know what I was thinking pushing after a reraise with a board like that....

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just hoping that he would hit something on the flop, then the turn and river. Since he only limped in I was putting him on some low cards as he had been raising almost every hand since we got heads up.

I havn't had much heads up experience at all but I am beginning to find out why slowplaying anything except the nuts is generally a bad idea...

well on that board it's a horrible idea. any turn/river 8/T/K/A/heart either outdraws you or kills your action, and assuming villain does have nothing one of those is more likely to hit than one of the 6 cards that will improve villain's hand - so even based on your (flawed) assumptions it's a bad idea.

also yeah shoving river is really awful. :p

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dad says he thinks 6 handed STT are better because you only have to outlast 4 players to be ITM as opposed to 9 handed where you need to outlast 6 players. Even though that did make logical sense when he told me that, it failed in the real world (of the internet). I found the 9max game way easier to cash in, probably because the bubble starts almost from the begginning of the match on the 6max table.

there are a few reasons they can be harder. the fact you have to play more hands more aggressivly makes variance a bigger factor. but also if there are a few good players in with you it makes it a lot harder to win. basically there will be more fish in a bigger tourney. and the fact you can be tighter in the nine mans will help skill over come luck so the variance is less of a factor.

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hows this hand for trying to slowplay each other heads up...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t10390)
Hero (BB) (t3110)

Hero's M: 10.37

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
spade.gif
, K
club.gif

SB calls t100, Hero checks

Flop: (t400) J
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (t400) 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: (t400) 6
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t600, SB raises to t1400, Hero raises to t2910 (All-In), SB calls t1510

Total pot: t6220

Results:
SB had 10
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif
(straight, King high).
Hero had K
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
Outcome: SB won t6220

i guess preflop its ok not to raise if you think the villian is likely to. but you got to bet the flop. as a matter of fact i'd likely stack off on that flop easy. you really should be looking to get it all in. the best way to do that IMO is to bet and build the pot. you really hoping to bet $3k into a $400 in the river and no be beat? another thing the fact this guys been betting and raising lots then checks down to the river should be ringing alarm bells. as played i'd just call the river bet most of the time mixed with a few folds.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these SNGs have not been very nice to me lately. i'm not sure i can keep playing this month i may need to take a little break.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey micro sng players. I've been doing pretty well at the 3$ sng's, but recently I tried multi-tabling. My ROI is positive after about 50 games, but the margin is extremely small. My sng strategy knowledge is certainly above average at those stakes, but my main asset in those games (reading my opponents), has drastically decreased. Even if I know VPIP of players via pokertracker, I can't seem to make accurate decisions based on that.
The problem is I can't asses the players at my table with 4 tables opened at the same time. I have no such trouble when only playing one table.

Any tips, ideas or comments are very welcome.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey micro sng players. I've been doing pretty well at the 3$ sng's, but recently I tried multi-tabling. My ROI is positive after about 50 games, but the margin is extremely small. My sng strategy knowledge is certainly above average at those stakes, but my main asset in those games (reading my opponents), has drastically decreased. Even if I know VPIP of players via pokertracker, I can't seem to make accurate decisions based on that.
The problem is I can't asses the players at my table with 4 tables opened at the same time. I have no such trouble when only playing one table.

Any tips, ideas or comments are very welcome.

i'm told you need atleast 1000 games before you know your ROI%. i play 4-8 tables and had trouble at first. as far as reads try to take note on people as you play. sometimes i make a note them realise there actually at all 8 of my tables. one thing i try to find out is if they can fold or will they call you down w/bottom pair.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Targets for September

75 SNG games for the month Fail
Get more comfortable with 4-6 games at a time Yes
Look for spots to allow opponents to bluff or induce shoves Don't know
Reduce my bubble busts by 25% Fail

Make a video Fail

September was a lot busier than I expected. I'm glad I came back from my 0-15 run to at least run even. Overall online bankroll did increase by $63.63 for the month thanks to a CC bodog game.

Attachments

• SEP09SNG.JPG
    SEP09SNG.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 10
B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
changed my game up last month and have been running alright I want to post my tracker but do not know how to do the attachment thing can u guys tell me how? thanx

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit the "Go Advanced" button and then "manage attachments" after you upload it it is automatically inserted into your post.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got to watch owen "qtips" gaines video #1011. IDK why but I just really liked it. It helped me so much dealing with bad beats. BTW what new plays?? congrats on the cash. be sure to watch some ICM stuff too. I just switched to cardrunners as my primary. i'm going to earn a free week there and then buy a 3month booster with FTPs then switch back to stox as my primary.

There is a good deal if you play at fulltilt. you can get it free if you earn enough FTPs. check out trulyfreetraining.com for details. There are a few free videos at stox check them out. if your thinking of paying for a site i'd check out deucescracked i hear big things about this site.

i got zilch trying to go to trulyfreetraining.com ???

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got zilch trying to go to trulyfreetraining.com ???

you have to earn a certain amount of FTPs in a month to get it free. the least amount to earn is 750FTPs or a free week of stoxpoker. oh its trulyfreePOKERtraining.com sorry.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My coaching session was great! I will be playing $6.50 turbos for now and damn....

love me some SitNGo Wizard!!!!!!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My three-step plan for this month:

Step 1: Play lots
Step 2: *shrug*
Step 3: Profit!

Though if I could end the month by moving up to $2 SnGs full time that'd be nice.

The good thing about nebulous terms like "lots" is that you can never really fail on them :p

I would've liked to have gotten more SnGs in during September but there were a lot of days where the only time I had to play was taken up with the Take2 promo. And I've been away the past week.

I got in 76 SnGs for the month though (mix of mostly $1.25 STTs and a few $2 HU games) for a modest profit and thanks in part to abovementioned bonuses I've finished the month with enough in the bankroll to move to $2 STTs full time. See y'all in next month's thread :)