$$$ September Micro SNG Thread $$$

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't had much time to play past few days and when I have it's mostly been cash games for the Take2 bonus. But here's my SnG results since last I posted:

5 $1 STTs: 5, 9, 2, 4, 3, net -$1.75
3 $2 HU SnGs: 1, 2, 1, net +$1.55

Makes me +$5.20 for the month or something then.

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
saw flop | saw showdown

Button sabat0npl (1620)
BB Maxi (1380)

Preflop: Maxi is in the BB with T
diamond.gif
J
diamond.gif

sabat0npl calls 10, Maxi raises to 60, sabat0npl calls 40.

Flop (120) 7
heart.gif
diamond.gif
T
spade.gif

Maxi bets 60, sabat0npl raises to 300, Maxi calls 240.

Turn (720) Q
heart.gif

Maxi checks, sabat0npl bets 720, Maxi moves all-in for 1020, sabat0npl calls 300.

River (2760) 7
diamond.gif

I had been playing this guy for about 20 hands and he had been making similar plays at me for about 5 or 6 hands. I had a strong feeling that his pot bets were also bluffs so I thought I'd lay this trap. Thoughts?

(HU $2 sng on iPoker network)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btn is a standard player who's playing half a dozen tables boringly predictably.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Poker Stars, $6.50 Buy-in (25/50 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: 1,620 (32.4 bb)
UTG: 1,445 (28.9 bb)
UTG+1: 1,385 (27.7 bb)
MP1: 1,445 (28.9 bb)
MP2: 1,300 (26 bb)
MP3: 1,450 (29 bb)
Hero (CO): 1,425 (28.5 bb)
BTN: 2,065 (41.3 bb)
SB: 1,365 (27.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with K
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif

5 folds, Hero raises to 150, BTN raises to 500, 2 folds, Hero raises to 1,425 and is all-in

i guess there's a more general "how often do you stack off with AK at 25/50 with around a starting stack?" question here too.

As sighingly sighing it is, pretty sure you have to fold to the 3bet, since i doubt villain is ever 3bet/folding here, and probably has a really nitty range, so you're looking at being 40% against qq+/ak, He really really needs aq to be in his range to stack profitably here, and i doubt he does

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I am on the way to hopefuly salvaging my BR from certain doom got some breathing space but not much. Gonna play some tonight wanna get to 30$ before I start 2 tabling. Its stressfull working up from ten dollars but had an intresting game yesterday with 4 left one guy went in every hand sucked out on me once and split the pot due to an ace on the river or he would have been out. I called him quite a few times but the other two players wouldn't call him so decided to follow his lead and start pushing. Thats ok with me but two people ended up in a flip 83 vs 22 with an 8 on the turn. Made me wonder what range I should be pushing with on the bubble or calling with.

S

Show Nun Bat Toe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only deposited $10 last month and grinded it up to $20 playing the $1 sngs. I wanted a little safer bankroll and also avoid the crazy 25% rake, so I deposited $30 and started grinding the $2 sngs. Got up to $60 yesterday, and now if I ever get up to $100 I'm going to cash out and move to another site because full tilt wont give me rakeback.

Hmm, I got to my goal of $100, but now I'm not too keen on my idea. I think I'm going to stick with Full Tilt for now. Now that I'm over $100 I'm thinking of moving up to the $5 sngs, what do you guys think?

Extra treat: I don't use any poker tracking software (yet) but I did find this cool graph of my profits on sharkscope.
2l9gqhi.png

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I got to my goal of $100, but now I'm not too keen on my idea. I think I'm going to stick with Full Tilt for now. Now that I'm over $100 I'm thinking of moving up to the $5 sngs, what do you guys think?

Extra treat: I don't use any poker tracking software (yet) but I did find this cool graph of my profits on sharkscope.
2l9gqhi.png

I think if you like the software and are beating the games then stay, keep grinding through the levels as far as you can. That way if you have the profits and a good enough reason you can always move some of your roll for bonus reasons in the future but your graph is going the right way and its a nice graph for the amount of games you have played well done.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Show Nun, looks like you are on a heater (ie winning more than your fair share) and havnt hit any sort of downswing yet. Having said that by all means have a shot at the $5.50's, just make youself a stop loss and drop back down if you hit it. Give yourself a 4buyin shot or something.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show Nun, looks like you are on a heater (ie winning more than your fair share) and havnt hit any sort of downswing yet. Having said that by all means have a shot at the $5.50's, just make youself a stop loss and drop back down if you hit it. Give yourself a 4buyin shot or something.

Yeah forgot about the moving up question lol, Tenbob is right sngs can be soul destroying so be prepared to move back down, personally I have made too many mistakes staying at the same level too long when I should have took a shot at the next level but a 4 game shot is a fair go at it although 4 games without cashing happens many times. I read a post I liked that said everytime you take a shot and have to move down next time try grind up to an extra buy-in so try a four game shot if you dont get there grind that money back and an extra buy-in and try a 5 game shot next time.

Did you play any 3 dollar games at all?

S

Show Nun Bat Toe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only 3 dollar sngs I saw on full tilt were satellites...

S

Show Nun Bat Toe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, just finished my first $5 game and got second. People were pushing and calling way earlier than in the other sngs. It got to the bubble before the blinds even rose a 4th time. I think this was just due to the players at the table though, not because it was a higher buy in.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know you're gonna have a tough night when it starts out like this. 1st hand of a 3-table SNG :(

$5.50 Buy-in (15/30 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Sit'N'Go, 9 Players
Poker Tools by Stoxpoker

SB: 1,500 (50 bb)
BB: 1,500 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 1,500 (50 bb)
UTG+2: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP1: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP2: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP3: 1,500 (50 bb)
CO: 1,500 (50 bb)
Hero (BTN): 1,500 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with A
spade.gif
A
heart.gif

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to 150, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to 450, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 raises to 1,500 and is all-in, Hero calls 1,050 and is all-in

Flop: (3,045) 7
diamond.gif
heart.gif
T
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: (3,045) Q
diamond.gif
River: (3,045) 8
spade.gif

Results: 3,045 pot
Final Board: 7
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
T
diamond4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
spade4.gif

MP2 showed Q
club.gif
Q
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Queens) and won 3,045 (1,545 net)
Hero showed A
spade.gif
A
heart.gif
(a pair of Aces) and lost (-1,500 net)

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i've been trying to learn ICM and decided that just learning the hand ranges was tough enough. so i made some charts. these are made from SNGWIZ. i keep them in microsoft picture manager so i can flip though them if needed. figure they maybe useful to some of you so here they are.

Attachments

• 5-20%.JPG
    5-20%.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 25-40%.JPG
    25-40%.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 45-60%.JPG
    45-60%.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 65-90%.JPG
    65-90%.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 18
D

Donkus Maximus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to this thread. Basically I have been trying to find my most consistently profitable game in poker- cash, MTTs or Single Table S&Gs. Most recent evidence suggests that the 6 man S&G is the way go for me.
This month I played 211 games and had an 18.2% ROI. The previous months results were 208 games with an 18% ROI.

For me, this beats cash in term of constistency and ROI, so I think I will spend much more time playing them in the future.

I am not thinking of moving up yet but may add an extra table (I currently play 2 at a time). As it stands, I have about 140 buyins for my level.

How do you all feel about ICM- if you have used it,has it been positive for your ROI?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Countdown to busto is on, just played a 210fpp satty where qq goes out to 45o obv, should have just pushed instead of raising then some nut job calls off his stack on a flopped pair of tens on the bubble and spikes a ten against my AA when he has no reason too do so since we almost had the same stack and were miles ahead of the other two.

Gonna play Daks tourney and them im back down to just under 10$ lol wish I never had to withdraw a few games of poker a day was what I liked doing.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Countdown to busto is on, just played a 210fpp satty where qq goes out to 45o obv, should have just pushed instead of raising then some nut job calls off his stack on a flopped pair of tens on the bubble and spikes a ten against my AA when he has no reason too do so since we almost had the same stack and were miles ahead of the other two.

Gonna play Daks tourney and them im back down to just under 10$ lol wish I never had to withdraw a few games of poker a day was what I liked doing.

would of won had you just folded and not played the hand?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would of won had you just folded and not played the hand?

Well I got it raised 4bb which with antes was 1k put a 1k in bet he raised me all in which was another 2k he had J10o and had caught a 10 on the river but he was an awfull player the other 2 stacks where 2k ish.

So probally would have been in with a good chance off winning if I never played the hand yeah just couldnt pull myself away from it you know? The guy was near 8k in chips and finished 3rd not long after. Should I have folded and got out with 2k chips there?

Really need to work out my HH converters but had loads of trouble with them lol.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally had the chance to get a bit of volume in the past few days:

24 $1 STTs: results all over, net +$3.30
4 $2 HU SnGs: 2, 2, 1, 1, net -$0.6

Takes me to +$7.90 for the month, will try get a couple of hands on here.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally had the chance to get a bit of volume in the past few days:

24 $1 STTs: results all over, net +$3.30
4 $2 HU SnGs: 2, 2, 1, 1, net -$0.6

Takes me to +$7.90 for the month, will try get a couple of hands on here.

are we doing the master the bubble challenge?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are we doing the master the bubble challenge?

LOL - yep. The four HU games gave it away? :p

Finished it for the 10th time today actually, so I'll probably have to move on to sit and go by the numbers. There don't seem to be that many other SnG-related challenges.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won my first sit'n'go today, Yeehaa. I have played quite a few Double or nothings and find that they have been teaching me some bad habits (Playing for top 5 instead of to win) so im ending them and going to get stuck into te proper sit'n'gos. Won this on my 4th attempt...

Dear stubzy11,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 4.50 award has been credited to your real money account.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL - yep. The four HU games gave it away? :p

Finished it for the 10th time today actually, so I'll probably have to move on to sit and go by the numbers. There don't seem to be that many other SnG-related challenges.

the 4 HU's was a big tell. o got this one done 5x but think i might give it a rest. i'm not too good a HU. i dont seem to have the patience for it. i did the SNG ny the #'s already. when i first started it i played over 30 SNG and only won one. that was what inspired me to learn how to play these. it was such an obv. leak in my game. my next thing is the HU's but i'm giving it a few weeks maybe.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Won my first sit'n'go today, Yeehaa. I have played quite a few Double or nothings and find that they have been teaching me some bad habits (Playing for top 5 instead of to win) so im ending them and going to get stuck into te proper sit'n'gos. Won this on my 4th attempt...

Dear stubzy11,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 4.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations - stick at it and hopefully there's many more to come :)

S

Show Nun Bat Toe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a couple more $5 games and got up to $130. A quick downswing could put me under the bankroll for the $5 games and I dont want to go all the way back down to $2. I wish there was something between, like 3 or 4 dollar games. I saw there was $3's on pokerstars so I tried to deposit there but they wont not accept my mastercard nor my echecks.