Rule of 2 & 4: Part 1

C

capt red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting brain fog for some reason on this. if i use the rule of 2 4, i use 4 on the flop and 2 on the turn, is that correct? if so would it be a +ev to bet 1/2 pot size bet if flopped an opened ended straight or better(flush draw/two made pair) on a wet or dry board? would it be +ev to fold the turn if missed and someone bets more than half pot, call if less than half pot bet.:confused:

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't fully remember after reading your post, but I've heard that rule as well. I did a quick Google search and the top result took me to a nice article. I'd post a link here, but there are rules on the forum about linking to other poker sites...

Based on your question (and after reading the aforementioned article), we'd have to know some more exact numbers I think. You need to compare your odds of getting the desired hand with the pot odds to determine if you need to call or fold. Basically, if your odds of getting your hand are worse than the pot odds, you need to fold, following that rule.

Anyway, do some searching and try to find a nice article or video to help you. You can never study too much!

Good luck to you at the tables!

Poker Rules - Poker Games