ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can say I am one of them and funnily enough I just FULLY quit my part time job today it was my last shift.

I'm now fully convinced you're just on a trolling level unlike any of us have ever witnessed. You're either the god of trolling or delusional but either way, I'm enjoying the show.
popcorn.gif

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not paying rent was the pay. I know what I am doing and I know what I play play money for. You were the inspiration for it and now you change your tune saying it was all sarcasm.

You maybe were possessed by fate to give me the idea, I can definitely understand that but the idea is a great one. Once I've crushed play money top stakes, I will show the truth of the loose style and how loosening up tables is not a choice but a necessity in crushing 25NL+
My tune has never changed. I would never tell anyone, outside of absolutely zero poker experience, to ever waste their time at the cash game tables, so I'm not sure what playing play money does for you, but you go right ahead. I don't care either way if you're the top cash game player or not. And yes, some of my comments towards you have been sarcastic, but my questions were not one of those times.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My tune has never changed. I would never tell anyone, outside of absolutely zero poker experience, to ever waste their time at the cash game tables, so I'm not sure what playing play money does for you, but you go right ahead. I don't care either way if you're the top cash game player or not. And yes, some of my comments towards you have been sarcastic, but my questions were not one of those times.
Why is cash game format of poker the one that's the waste? I'm very curious how the format where 2 and a half hours of good play and disciplined moves can all result in barely a few cents' profit if you get coolered or bad beat due to inevitable coinflip is superior.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're actually playing 'play money'? WOW! I thought these guys were just joking.
You need help bud. Head outside in the sun and let a bit of reality shine in. Even just turn on the lights while inside ... maybe something will wear off?

Instead of verballizing your dellusional fantasies, why not just actually play? After reading your posts I'd be shocked if you can even beat 2nl, or $2 MTT's. Prove me wrong, LOL.
1. He's playing play money so he can work on his LAG style to it's optimal potential.

So, when he plays real money, he's going to use that skill he's worked so hard on to crush 25nl+ and laugh in our faces.

2. He doesn't play MTTs because it's not real poker and it's a bad source of income, compared to cash games where you can profit from every session. Or something like that...go watch his youtube videos and you'll get what he's saying. Honestly, he just sucks at MTTs.

...but hey, he's up almost 2 million in play chips!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
1. He's playing play money so he can work on his LAG style to it's optimal potential.

So, when he plays real money, he's going to use that skill he's worked so hard on to crush 25nl+ and laugh in our faces.

2. He doesn't play MTTs because it's not real poker and it's a bad source of income, compared to cash games where you can profit from every session. Or something like that...go watch his youtube videos and you'll get what he's saying. Honestly, he just sucks at MTTs.

...but hey, he's up almost 2 million in play chips!
I do suck at MTTs, I cannot emotionally invest into something where it can all be for nothing no matter how well I play.

hands down I suck at MTT no question about it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is cash game format of poker the one that's the waste? I'm very curious how the format where 2 and a half hours of good play and disciplined moves can all result in barely a few cents' profit if you get coolered or bad beat due to inevitable coinflip is superior.
Cash games aren't a waste. I love cash games. I started playing at cash games and I built BRs off of cash games live and online, mostly live because online cash bores the hell out of me. I would say cash games are the best place to start for newer players.

Play money cash game, when you're already experienced enough to play real money. Unless you're playing to kill time before you deposit or because you can't deposit but still want to play, you're wasting your time when you can play real games. I don't think depositing is an issue for you, so I don't understand why you waste your time. You could crush 2nl but you'd rather build a play money BR.

I never said MTTs are superior. Am I biased towards MTTs? Sure, I'd rather play that than an online cash game...but I'd rather play live cash than a live MTT. You're the one who seems to think cash is superior to MTTs and that's your opinion.

To answer your question about playing 2 hours and busting out of the money in an MTT. That's standard. It's the nature of the game and I don't need to cash in every MTT to be profitable. Every profitable MTT player out there has busted out more times than they've cashed/won an MTT. In 2K MTTs, I only have 355 cashes/141 final table cashes, but I still profit. I've gone on 40+ game downswings and still ended up with a profit.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games aren't a waste. I love cash games. I started playing at cash games and I built BRs off of cash games live and online, mostly live because online cash bores the hell out of me. I would say cash games are the best place to start for newer players.

Play money cash game, when you're already experienced enough to play real money. Unless you're playing to kill time before you deposit or because you can't deposit but still want to play, you're wasting your time when you can play real games. I don't think depositing is an issue for you, so I don't understand why you waste your time. You could crush 2nl but you'd rather build a play money BR.

I never said MTTs are superior. Am I biased towards MTTs? Sure, I'd rather play that than an online cash game...but I'd rather play live cash than a live MTT. You're the one who seems to think cash is superior to MTTs and that's your opinion.

To answer your question about playing 2 hours and busting out of the money in an MTT. That's standard. It's the nature of the game and I don't need to cash in every MTT to be profitable. Every profitable MTT player out there has busted out more times than they've cashed/won an MTT. In 2K MTTs, I only have 355 cashes/141 final table cashes, but I still profit. I've gone on 40+ game downswings and still ended up with a profit.

40 game downswing is it emotionally nice? Do you wake up in the morning burning for the passion to play? I do that with cash games.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait what? Who said that? Really? Damn son!
I do play play money. I love the game of poker more than money and always will.

Money is a means, a reward and I can go back when I want and grind disciplined TAG style with GTO analysis and 25%VPIP like some timid robot or I can train my raw animalistic 65%VPIP style and teach the art of coolering and upswinging every SINGLE SESSION

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do play play money. I love the game of poker more than money and always will.

Money is a means, a reward and I can go back when I want and grind disciplined TAG style with GTO analysis and 25%VPIP like some timid robot or I can train my raw animalistic 65%VPIP style and teach the art of coolering and upswinging every SINGLE SESSION

I see, I thought someone wants to quit their job for playing play money only. but don't get me wrong there's no problem with playing play money as long as you learn and if you want to just play some chill a$$ poker and dont feel to gamble real money. you know just like a day off but still playing poker

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I see, I thought someone wants to quit their job for playing play money only. but don't get me wrong there's no problem with playing play money as long as you learn and if you want to just play some chill a$$ poker and dont feel to gamble real money. you know just like a day off but still playing poker
I don't chill at all. I play full force, full discipline and will grind to the highest of the highest stakes of play money and drain every single one of them dry until I claim to be even slightly good at cash games again.

Never ever think you are good enough, you can always be a tiny bit better. Evolve into an animal for whom poker is but an instinctive process rather than a manually thoguht out process and you begin to completely destroy tables left right and centre. You smell real fear, you smell fake fear, you smell greed, your hair raises as you know this opponent thinks you're stupid and will all any raise... Always know the image of you in their head and then understand how this interacts with their way of playing the hand. Never ever think you know enough about an opponent. You haven't lived their live, you haven't seen the game from their shoes on an emotional level, you can only hope to be as close to their real thoughts as can be for a human being.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40 game downswing is it emotionally nice? Do you wake up in the morning burning for the passion to play? I do that with cash games.
You assume downswings affect me negatively. They don't.

Your passion is in play chips. No risk to you whatsoever. We'll see how it goes when you play for real money.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't chill at all. I play full force, full discipline and will grind to the highest of the highest stakes of play money and drain every single one of them dry until I claim to be even slightly good at cash games again.

Never ever think you are good enough, you can always be a tiny bit better. Evolve into an animal for whom poker is but an instinctive process rather than a manually thoguht out process and you begin to completely destroy tables left right and centre. You smell real fear, you smell fake fear, you smell greed, your hair raises as you know this opponent thinks you're stupid and will all any raise... Always know the image of you in their head and then understand how this interacts with their way of playing the hand. Never ever think you know enough about an opponent. You haven't lived their live, you haven't seen the game from their shoes on an emotional level, you can only hope to be as close to their real thoughts as can be for a human being.
Again real money and play money aren't the same thing, but keep wasting your time.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I ever get enough wisdom and develop a technique that brings me long-term profit, what's wrong with that?

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
risky business, make sure you got a place to live and backup money to live on, then go for it.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think you need at least half a year of plus games to play poker and still want a back-up to one day, not to be left without anything, including create your online forum and earn money on affiliate programs.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends how much I am good at poker,if I can make a big money I would quit my job but for that I would first test my poker skills and I can say that I can quit my job only when I get level 100 at 888poker not before.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not win much money in poker to quit my job, I win sometimes but not a large sum, if other people have money for poker a decent amount then you can play poker and they can win well and win money in poker, then you can give up work and make money in poker!

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not our place to debate on other people's choices in life. As far as opinion goes, as someone already said, its a tough way to make a great living.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the stupidest thing I heard all week why would you quit your job for poker and why would you want to move back in with your parents a couple grand doesn't take you far.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you decide to play only poker, not the fact that money always will be.This way is suitable only for young singles.Family people will not change to work !!!
So it's not possible to do for family?

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we are think globaly, that is bad. because there are so many problems in the world, and we are engaged in poker, blogging, opening stupid schools, fringes, etc.
but on the other hand, no one will take care of you, only you. and no one can take away your right to choose.

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are think globaly, that is bad. because there are so many problems in the world, and we are engaged in poker, blogging, opening stupid schools, fringes, etc.
but on the other hand, no one will take care of you, only you. and no one can take away your right to choose.

If you are going that way, doing anything but getting involved in humanitary things is bad ;
you are engaged with that food industry to get people and bosses' pocket more and more fat, or choose to be engaged in law chain and is lot of injustice, or you simply serve this or that mark and contribute to make capitalism run, and all of this while there are problems in the world...

I prefer your second part, at least poker players are FREE, and do hurts nobody (except ppl silly enough to play their entire minimum salary, and in dat case... this is the "Natural Selection" (don't know if that make sense in English ^^'))

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are going that way, doing anything but getting involved in humanitary things is bad ;
you are engaged with that food industry to get people and bosses' pocket more and more fat, or choose to be engaged in law chain and is lot of injustice, or you simply serve this or that mark and contribute to make capitalism run, and all of this while there are problems in the world...

I prefer your second part, at least poker players are FREE, and do hurts nobody (except ppl silly enough to play their entire minimum salary, and in dat case... this is the "Natural Selection" (don't know if that make sense in English ^^'))
Very accurate post.

I am really enjoying your posts here, keep spreading the truth!