BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Today i found such a strange scheme for the HU game. I wonder how to use it correctly, these numbers are not very clear ))
Maybe someone will explain.

What equity is indicated here?
And why, for example, it seems like, A2o is worse than 72o ???

Thoughts are such that here is indicated playability and maybe 72o is like an unexpected hand for the opponent, but it's still strange all the same ))

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
by my research, means % equity realization (in position HU), I found it very confusing, is the player who define a profile based in the hands he played (heatmap) in poker equilaby and made a strange math. I think this is not important for HU strategy.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks very interesting.
Would love to know more about context of this chart.
Were these values gotten by all in HU simulations or
some solvers?
There's lots of logic in it but also some weird brain twisters like K2s
cant really be that bad HU.
I'm guessing the chart is designed for a bit deeper stacks reasoning from this.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I found this chart in an article on poker charts. And there was no explanation, unlike the rest of the charts. Perhaps this is really a "heat map" from some player's tracker, made on the basis of not very large statistics, and therefore some numbers are strange...

For example, an AKo hand in a HU game must be played with a big plus, but here (-0.5). Also, in the HU game, small pairs must be played with a plus, but here a minus.

Also, i don't think that equity realization percentages are indicated here. It's definitely not a percentage. For AA +3.5 - maybe this means a win rate of +350bb/100

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just glanced at that chart and there is no way a beginner should be playing most of the stuff in that chart. And even a lot of intermediate players that do not have discipline to get away from flops would have trouble playing those hands HU.

You need a lot of experience and a read on your opponent to play most of those hands they're telling you to play in that chart. And makes zero sense to play most of those hands against a calling station that will pay you off with a solid hand anyway, lol.

I'm behind the times but could never incorporate something like that into my game and wouldn't need it against the folks I play anyway. Just looking at it gives me a headache, lol.

I look at stuff like that and the math stuff from this new generation of poker players and say "use it if it works for you" but I'd guess that 95% of it is worthless against beginner or intermediate level players.

Most of it is for the best of the best players looking for an edge against one another.

And once they figure out that they really can't use it against the best of the best or their competition figures out how to neutralize the strategy then they write it up and sell to folks that want to spend time learning it.

The point of my babble is that most folks just need a simple, straightforward, tight and selectively aggressive game with discipline along with practical money management and that will take you a lot further than charts or math equations you need a calculator to figure out with.

GL with that chart, lol. And again, if it works for you, then go with it, regardless of what someone else says!

Last edited:
Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not 100% sure but I would assume the A2o is worse cuz when you make a hand you probably are still dominated but unsure

Top 10 Games