Question about a hand.

Zelenn

Zelenn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning. I'll get right to the point. I had a hand two days ago that I'd like to ask for advice about. This is the first time I've posted a hand for review, so if theres a more efficient way of doing it don't hesitate to let me know.

Here's what's up. I got my ass kicked in this hand, and I'd like to know if there was any indication that I was out gunned.
This is the game. $5NL 6 table max on Bovada. Only 4 Players at the table including myself. I've got $4.41 and the player I will go heads up with has $6.07. He's sitting to my immediate right. He also happens to be the big blind as we're shorthanded.

I'm dealt KdQh and I'm in the CO seat. Being shorthanded I start the hand and I raise to $.10. The Button fold. SB folds. BB raises to $.15. I call.
The flop is Qd 8h 10d. BB bets $.15. I call.
These were my thoughts: I flopped top pair. I have a K high three flush and there are two cards left. There's straight potential if the A J comes down or a J 9, but that's just as true for him as it is for me. Supposing he's holding K J or some other combination that works well with this flop. I briefly considered that he could have a pocket pair like KK or AA or even the QQ, but being that I had one Q and there was one on the board, I figured the likelihood of him holding QQ was a longshot and if he was holding a strong hand like AA, AK or the QQ, he sure wasn't betting like it. I mean really... a $.15 raise? If I did my math right, and I could always be wrong, I was getting 3:1 pot odds (calling $.15 for the chance to win $.47 works out to about 3:1 odds I think.) And I had plenty of outs. That seemed like a great flop for me and it could only improve with all that potential.
So I called. I got a Kc on the Turn. BB bets $.35.
I considered that he had a straight. And I thought very hard about folding here. He plays pretty aggressively and has been known to go all the way to the showdown with garbage so I considered that he could have A J or that he was playing very loosely by starting with a J 9 or a low pocket pair. He bluffs ALOT and he hadn't been betting strongly enough to make me think he had a strong hand, but I could be wrong and I didn't want to over bet my hand in case he had something. So I simply called.
The River brings a 5d. BB checks.
The board at this point is:
Qd 8h 10d Kc 5d
Now, it's here that I do something really stupid. I was fairly sure he had bullshit and instead of just checking and showing this hand down, I decided to make a large bet and give him crap pot odds to force him to tell me whether he had a good hand or was completely full of shit. A very stupid decision as I could have gotten that information MUCH more cheaply by simply checking and seeing his cards.
I made a $2.24 raise to "put the sword to him" and he called.
At the showdown he revealed the QQ that I had considered to be such a long shot.

I was a curious combination of "mad as hell" and "what can I learn from this?" I did NOT go on tilt and I would end the hour of play (I only play one hour at a time before I take mandatory breaks to eat or review hands or read some poker literature) winning $8.50 even after recouping my losses.

So... that's the way this went down. What are your thoughts boys and girls? What would you have done?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands