QQ is harder to play than JJ in my opinion

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know why pocket jacks are known to be the most difficult hand to play . you raise preflop and call a reraise preflop and look what the flop brings and act accordingly . when you are short stacked you easily move in with it

queens are a lot harder to play imo . when you have a reraise preflop you often dont know if you should reraise the opponent . or if you should push all in or not etc.

even AK is dangerous for QQ

all in all JJ is easier to play than QQ to me . whats your opinion on this matter ?

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the best hands are the highest pairs, AA KK QQ JJ 1010, I am not a fan of AA, in this context I prefer until 1010, I think that when we are with AA, we tend to relax and find the game won.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ and JJ are pretty interesting hands to play and should be played with the opponents at the table in mind.

T

Tsegmed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch the flop and play. if my stack is less than 10 immediately all in

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can use suits to randomize decisions in the game. For example, shove with red queens (QhQd), slowplay with black (QsQc), and play standard with the rest. This will bring some variety to the game...

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can use suits to randomize decisions in the game. For example, shove with red queens (QhQd), slowplay with black (QsQc), and play standard with the rest. This will bring some variety to the game...

thats an interesting thought but i dont see what advantage this will bring in the overall picture

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one thing I almost never do is open limp or slow play QQs. The reason is that you let too many hands in like raggedy aces or kings that can easily out flop you. Pocket queens are going to do much better when they're heads up or 3 way going to the flop. This is achieved (most cases) by raising.
In most cases, I play QQ preflop similar to how I play aces and kings

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both couples are hard (

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
thats an interesting thought but i dont see what advantage this will bring in the overall picture

Well, I don’t know... I didn’t think about QQ in that way. I usually do this with AA and KK pairs. Maybe it was rightly noted above that QQ is better never to slowplay... I myself have never slowplayed JJ or QQ ))

But if we do randomization by suit, then in a third of cases, our solution is simplified.

With slowplay we will not be tied to the pot and can easily fold on boards with A or K. And if we catch set, then no one will suspect it.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well sometimes i try to only setmine with QQ and especially with JJ (but will show aggression on the flop when there are no overcards)

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so...
Much better to play QQ :)

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well sometimes i try to only setmine with QQ and especially with JJ (but will show aggression on the flop when there are no overcards)

I prefer being aggressive and raising even if there are overcards on the flop if I'm heads up since he might not have that perticular card and just fold. It's a risk I feel you should be willing to take

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should watch Tom Dwan win his biggest pot ever with pocket queens. I'll leave the link here:
What were the chances he won all 3 hands:eek:

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would push both JJ and QQ without taking into account the opponents' stats. The stack is small ... you have to sit and wait for good situations for steals and resteals and try to double up. QQ is not a question of progress here, even if the opposition is megatite. JJ is a marginal decision considering the opposition's stats. You can also fold if he has a 35/5 stats, for example ... will have JJ + AQo + ... sometimes TT ... maybe even more, as many at the beginning of the tournament like to call and see the flop. Therefore, I would probably even press against opponents with such statistics. If you think AK is behind or at best, then fold. The call doesn't look very good. If you fold on the flop, your stack will only be good for push / fold. If you have a stack of 3000, then calling is the best solution.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also going all in with jacks or QQ especially if I have less than 20 bb.Most of the time I am in a 57 to 43 flip. Your only dominated by 2 hands AA or KK.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost with queens and jacks so many times. But I have won with them many more.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them the same way,there good hands but their also vulnerable to KK,AA and flipping with AK, strong starting hand thats about it,I get it all in pre flop if I have to would rather make a decent raise pre flop and see a flop and go from there

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know why pocket jacks are known to be the most difficult hand to play . you raise preflop and call a reraise preflop and look what the flop brings and act accordingly . when you are short stacked you easily move in with it

queens are a lot harder to play imo . when you have a reraise preflop you often dont know if you should reraise the opponent . or if you should push all in or not etc.

even AK is dangerous for QQ

all in all JJ is easier to play than QQ to me . whats your opinion on this matter ?

if you think JJ is easier, just act like you have JJ then ldo

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play either QQ or JJ depends on your position to the table at the moment, its very hard to tell what's harder to play without a position context, but for sure you need to be 4x or 5x depending on your stack and how deep on the tournament you are.

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play either QQ or JJ depends on your position to the table at the moment, its very hard to tell what's harder to play without a position context, but for sure you need to be 4x or 5x depending on your stack and how deep on the tournament you are.

what does "you need to be 4x or 5x" mean?

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. For me, they are the same. It's a raise/shove pre-flop(depending on table imagine, stack size/blinds etc), the only way I'm folding pre is to a 3/4 bet.
2. After flop, if an over card hits, it obviously becomes way more tricky, depending on what information you have from previous hands against others & position, I'm not afraid to bet or re-raise, finding out exactly where you are.
3. If there’s one piece of advice that is certain, though, it’s that you shouldn’t be afraid to give up your hand. Never become attached to big pocket pairs because their value can easily be diminished

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think to be harder to play with JJ. But the most harder is to play out position.

Hight pair in hand is a good opportunity when you are with a little stack in the bubble.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And why would pocket jacks be better than pocket queens. In my opinion it should be the other way around. Here, a pair of kings against a pair of aces really makes a big difference since the Ak player can outbid pocket kings.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the level of the player. how will he play his queens or jacks/// and of course the distance the more we play the more we win in the long run// even aces have only 80% and can play in the short run /// so you have to play a lot and play correctly/ /// then you will be in pluses//