Psychology behind folding to the big blind with a large stack

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find anytime I am up say 200K chips against average stack of 50k, I always get folded to in the BB. Is everyone really that afraid of the chip stack in the BB? I say everyone, I mean in general the games I play in...

As we all know, good hands are RARE. Big Blind Defense has limited hands, why do people get so intimidated by chip stack in the BB?
We are all dealt two cards..large stack in BB does not mean I (whoever is in BB has a monster hand)

Last edited:
venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed, in the low limits where I play people tend to respect very large stacks, it is not all wrong, considering that the large stack has more strength to press and therefore it is correct to select stronger hands to be able to enter the contest.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, in the low limits where I play people tend to respect very large stacks, it is not all wrong, considering that the large stack has more strength to press and therefore it is correct to select stronger hands to be able to enter the contest.

I have had great luck playing 5 dollar tourneys and flipping them into big wins, not that I am ahead overall lol, but getting there. It is interesting the quirks in the low limit games, the large chip stack really makes a player look ubeatable, even when holding 72 offsuit.

I have used it to my advantage, just find it interesting that people get so "intoxicated" if you will of a large chip stack, when really even the large chip stack could be holding 72 offsuit (or any marginal hand, which is what usually happens)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
these low limit games (or any really?) never spin a wheel but always flop a face card on the river (on a wheel draw). Always. At least in my experience lol

Lost tourney (while posting, well made +3 bucks vs 500), but would rather talk shop, I find it interesting lol

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its like when I was at $325 for 3rd place while talking with my AC friend, I could give a damn about winning 325 bucks, talking to him about final table play was worth 1000X that long term with his life experience stories playing poker at the Taj in Atlantic City for that many years.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to do the math
Live games is where it is at:) Nothing beats real life experience, I am all about the live games - online games, just not my world..., perhaps I will get it one day! :)

Not at all knocking them! Just out of element. And yeah, those decks aren't real:)

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ on button against algos? Always an Ace on flop or river, built for action.

Its just too damn obvious not to laugh at it...

Johnathan Little is right, 100%.
Who cares if you ban me for saying.

Lost against set over set against same player twice, what are the odds? I am not being a jerk, but what are the odds lol

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally thats just the way it is, but if we are in a bounty tournament and I am the short stack, you are my best chance to double up, so minus my worst holdings, I am jamming into you.

Folding in Poker