Protecting AA utg in a freeroll, is there such a thing

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, try a 3.5-4.5x raise and either call the shove, and depending on how many people call, you can make a new plan on the flop.
This would be my play, there’s literally no +EV play for folding aces preflop.
Having said that, I’ve done that in cases where half the table shoved before the action got to me, you’re risking your whole tournament life with maybe a 10% edge in a 5 way allin pot!??
That said, the experts say to alway call in these situations because the times you win you’ll be a massive chip stack.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had pocket aces in my first hand in the CardsChat freeroll last night, made a 3 bet raise UTG and got one caller, who folded on the next raise. Next hand, someone else had pocket aces, all in on the flop with one caller. Is it my bad luck that my opponents all folded to me, or his luck that he got a caller?
Neither.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone is going to call a 10bb raise and suck out on you, they will call an all in and results are the same. (Theoretically, but there is always the chance you play in a room with a constant shuffle in online poker, but anyway).

You make the best +EV play. Bet big enough to get trash hands to fold, but people will call with worse. (Stack sizes are very important here because an opponent can have implied odds enough to call, but that is another topic).

You would like a caller, but not a lot of em. If you are at a table where everyone is calling anything, well, that happens and there is nothing you can do.

Again, make the best/most +EV play you can - and that will be different depending on table dynamics - and move on to the next hand if you get sucked out OTF/OTT/OTR. And remember: AA is just a pair. Many times OTF or OTT or OTR your AA is obviously no longer good. Expect this to happen as well.

If someone calls 80% of their stack, they are gonna call off anyway.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all very good, all very right, but sometimes it is difficil to play with AA mainly gratis, everyone pays for everything.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA's hand is very strong, but it's still a couple, and only. in 60-70% with this hand I lost

V

vivian_hamamoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which way to play with real money

Hello ! I've been training for a while and now I want to start playing for real money. In which game mode would it be best to start on pokerstars?

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strength with AA because it will certainly take call with much worse hands and is at risk of taking bad.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think our tournament does not boil down to a pair of AA. I played several freerolls and I came to a conclusion, I prefer to play the ABC of poker, without aggression, looking at the Flop, turn and River. This way I can develop a cool game, sometimes reaching ITM.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your Aces wil get called with any two cards frequently. No two ways about it.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
defending AA on freerolls the right decision to go all-in only, or you will be interrupted by a small card, I have many times tried to play different bets on AA and many times I lost, now I'm all-in!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to maximize how much you win, so in some cases that means a limp, in others a small bet, and sometimes even a shove. The other thing that is important to consider is stack depth ie at 1000bbs you probably want to raise bigger than normal, and at 10bbs you probably want to limp it.

paipingprung

paipingprung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I min open aces utg 85% of the time looking for someone to jump on a weak open.
or post flop, a weak stack hits top pair and jams. It just seems from that position luring the money all be it a gamble works better than a strong open from that position tends to scare people away.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
as they say in the rap game...

ACES ARE THE SLAVE OF RIVER CHASES
bawling.gif

BUT DOSE CHASERS FEAR DEM PREFLOP RAISES :viking:

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play AA like that.

Okay seriously?? At any point in a free roll,, be it mid,, to late,, to early.

Is there anyway you don't shove All In. with AA??

Is there any bet other than that, to protect this hand early? does one just shove?

because I am sick of a healthy 5x 10x 15x blinds being called and villain hitting a set with his face card, and rag hand .. or worse the 4 card flush to a 7 high from a 6-7 call because I didn't go all in!!!!! I only put you 80% in and you call??

Early on in a free roll I get that you get called a lot and folding utg maybe isn't unheard of, but if I'm first or second to shove I'm gonna. I get that All in pre flop is always a risk..

its the later on, after you have played a couple of hours and and my 20k stack bid healthy and a 2k stack calls 70-80% of their stack to see a flop with their 6-7 s ????

one word..

ARGGGG

I enter from Limp with AA, the brave raise $ 4,400, the other Fold opponents, the action comes to me and I go Allin right away. Poor little guy from Vilao, he did something wrong in that hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171023-194740.jpg
    Screenshot_20171023-194740.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20171023-194749.jpg
    Screenshot_20171023-194749.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20171023-194753.jpg
    Screenshot_20171023-194753.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20171023-194757.jpg
    Screenshot_20171023-194757.jpg