Problem with Micro stakes, good play - bad results

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT:

Ok, first of all: thanks for sharing your strategy. Its good to hear others' tips and ideas, so you can always learn something new.

Alright, but what do you do if there is a really big raise (early/middle position) PREflop? Like 20x big blind. Or even someone goes All-in.

Unfortunately I learnt this the hard way, but at least I got it, and I no longer bother with Aces or Kings with really small kickers. I fold them straight away.

And some questions for you (and to those who would like to reply): :)

1. How do you play low/middle pocket pairs? Do you raise/call preflop with them ? Expect to make a set on the flop and fold if you dont or you try to make something on turn/river?

2. Is there any point in your game when you decide to slowplay?

3. Bluffing?

4. Any point in going All-in at some stage of the game? What if somebody goes All-in and you are already "pot commited"?

5. How many tables do you play at once? Do you use any software to track your game/help you with decisions?

Ok first thing first, ill assume that we are still talking about cash game micros, right, if im in late position, and i face raise that big ill fold anything below QQ+ maybe qq too, then ill take a not of this player position, bet size, (bets that big usually dont mean really strong hand, take a note, look for some betting paterns, those infos are more important than that hand itself) then watch, in micros as i said there is always someone who love his money less then you do and he is willing to pay, look at the flop, note the next action, players who bet that bit could usually have hands like AQo, AJo ATo even any ace if you spot that kind of hands with a big raise, your JJ+ plus hand will kill those hands 3 out if 4 times, of course when you have enough info on that player you can 3 bet him but not really big like that is usual for normal raises (3 times of his bet) but more like 10BB more, this bet is more psychological that anything other.

Now to the questions

1. pocket pairs are hardest hand to play for any beginner because they are hand of moderate strength which dont have a lot of chances to improve, that is why it is the best to play them from the position, either by flat calling a raise or 2,5 to 3 bb raise in unopened or limped pot. The way i see it is that you should keep the pot as small as you can until you hit the set, sadly you'll hit a set in about 1 of 9 times 1:8 i think so to get the good odds to call you'll need either really small bet or more people involved, good thing with sets is that when you hit them you'll get a lot more money than you lost if calling preflop and maybe on the flop but fold to a turn so don't worry with playing pocket pairs, even if you dont hit a set just dont spend a lot of money, sometimes in a micro games your pair will have a showdown value because people will bet and bet with overcard even if they miss and miss on every street, but to take such a play you need a lot of info on your opponents and good reads...

2. i would never never slow play any hand that have any chance to be dominated till the river, slowplay is absolutely pointless in micros because most opponents don't mind to pay you even if they hit big time so by slow play you'll loose value to your hand, monsters are rare, real monsters, not pocket aces, i mean like flopped nut flush, full houses or even flopped quads... lemme put it this way, you have raised before the flop with Ak, get 2 callers and flopped AAK they both check to you, what would you do? check, minbet everything you do in that situation will wake an alarm in any close to descent player, you raised before the flop, flop is scary, whay would you do if you have missed that particular flop, bluff c-bet!!! C-bet but dont do some silly min bet to invoke a raise, of course someone will bite but what sound weaker larger bet, close to pot size or min bet??? if you wanna act weak act weak buy showing bluff strength if you get what i mean... Bottom line is, i would not recommend slowplay at micros without big big scary big flopped monster!!!

3. to bluff successfully you need good info on your opponents, good notes and good reads, you can never bluff a calling station, dont try, you can never bluff a guy inloved in top pair, dont try it, now when i think for the micro limits i would limit my bluff to c-bet on missed flop, 3 bet pre flop to a guy who attempt to steal, bet to a guy who raised pre, c-bet flop, check turn, check river... Again i pointing at John A book, each player type falls on different bluffs, it is crucial to recognize those type of players and when you understand how they think the bluffs will come by itself...

4. this question would be better explained in tournament structure with blinds raising in time, i would go all in in tourney when i see that my normal raise wouldn't have any fold equity or after a raise i would be pot committed at later streets, you guess now that this situation suggest that you are short stacked and need to do something, in that case i would shove any pocket pair and probably any hand that i would raise in normal situation. In regular game, with low blinds and in the cash game when you get yourself pot committed, you can be sure that you did something wrong, it can be not fully stacked before the hand, not considering effective stacks etc... dont get yourself pot committed!!!!!

5. i only play one cash table at the time about 100ish hands for about hour and a half, two hours, i dont have real tracker/hud, i participate at badbeat promotion and use their tracking to find leaks in my game.

Sorry for the late reply, I've started to writing as soon as i saw your post but we had guests and stuff, if i miss spell or made some mistake it is because of "Zajecarsko" beer :D

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. pocket pairs are hardest [...]
So if there is a possiblity to see a cheap flop -> limp in. If I miss the set on the flop I should just fold or try to make something happen on later streets if people are just checking.

3. [..] each player type falls on different bluffs, it is crucial to recognize those type of players and when you understand how they think the bluffs will come by itself...[...]
Mhmm, today I was playing at a really tight and passive table. When someone even entered the pot you knew he was holding a good hand. And then when the flop came: rainbow flop with low cards I knew they all have missed it! I only had to minraise and they all folded like domino effect. One after the other. Lol. It was so funny!
4. this question would be better explained in tournament structure [..]
The problem I have with tournaments (freerolls) is that lots of people just go insane there and go all-in all the time. Well, the good thing is that they eliminate themselves and others pretty fast but...sometimes it is frustrating...

What about small blind position? How often do you call/raise from there? Maybe try "stealing the pot" when everybody in front of you folded/called? What if big blind reraises?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So if there is a possiblity to see a cheap flop -> limp in. If I miss the set on the flop I should just fold or try to make something happen on later streets if people are just checking.
i cant find the real theoretical background on why you shouldn't limp, but ill try, first of all, even that there are not lot of this kind of players at micros, there are some people that after some amount of hands realize what are you doing pre flop, it's called betting pattern, if you raise every good hands but limp small pockets, or what some beginners do raise bigger with weak hands and less with stronger hands, and when someone see you limp he'll raise you and what have you did, you have lost at least one BB and if for some reason you call you'll bleading money by playing out of the position. Dont hesitate to fold small pockets in early position if you saw that people raise your lip or 3-bet your raise if you are in early position, raise every hand that meets criteria to be player, by that i mean board texture, hand strength position, your table image, later in the hand if you were the bettor and you miss fte flop, which you mostly will with pocket pair, you have a chance to bluff becaause you have already represented strength... dont limp with pockets, bet!!!!

Mhmm, today I was playing at a really tight and passive table. When someone even entered the pot you knew he was holding a good hand. And then when the flop came: rainbow flop with low cards I knew they all have missed it! I only had to minraise and they all folded like domino effect. One after the other. Lol. It was so funny!
if you were playing cash game that is not the table you want to participate, you want table where there are more players involved in the pot, where people bleeding money, when you look at the stats you need at least 30% players per flop, you need as big as possible average pot, there will your new tight aggressive strategy earn money, anyway it is good to know that you can recognize people habits and exploit them...
The problem I have with tournaments (Freerolls) is that lots of people just go insane there and go all-in all the time. Well, the good thing is that they eliminate themselves and others pretty fast but...sometimes it is frustrating...
freerolls is a complete different monster than micro cash game, in FR you will mostly face two and types of players, ones that dont have a clue about poker and ones that dont give a damn about the tourney, both of them, luckily supposed to be played same way, extremely tight with a hand range, extremely aggressive to fold any weak hand, be ready to shove when ever you enter the pot because they will be ready, that is why you should have really tight hand range to survive what is often called donkfest
What about small blind position? How often do you call/raise from there? Maybe try "stealing the pot" when everybody in front of you folded/called? What if big blind reraises?
dont be bothered a lot to defend your blinds, this is already briefly discussed in this section, blinds are out of the position every time, dont spend your time and nerves to defend them, what you will really do is invest another 3-4BB in order to save 1BB, logic??? none... Every now or then you can re raise from either BB or SB if BTN try to steal, but not always, every now or then you should raise from SB if the action is folded to you ever now or then you should re raise from BB if SB is trying to steal, every now or then means one or two times in 10 full circles, if you do it often once again i say, someone will get it and exploit it

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT
Wow DrazaFFT! You were a big help for me. Thanks for giving me answers to my questions. I do really appreciate this! I am sure that it will improve my game. Oh and you train BJJ. Nice! Maybe someday we will meet up on the mat and "roll" together ;)

H

hawgfan1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of good info here guys, thanks for sharing

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT
Wow DrazaFFT! You were a big help for me. Thanks for giving me answers to my questions. I do really appreciate this! I am sure that it will improve my game. Oh and you train BJJ. Nice! Maybe someday we will meet up on the mat and "roll" together ;)

Glad i was helpful m8, stick around, you can learn a lot on CC, it realy turn my game around, not to mention freerolls, where you have a chance to play with some really good players and learn a lot by just playing...

About jitsu, i know that Poland have some really respected camps there, it is good to know that you are rolling too, my jitsu is litle slow lately, i skip trainings often, job life and poker got into way... But it will be better i hope...

Talk to ya soon m8, keep posting and leaening, soon we might sat on the same table at cc.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT
Yes I will definitely stick around. Good luck to you.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have ha bad luck at micro's as well. It seems no matter what, I do well then just to lose it all to a person that calls on a draw or with nothing and catches. I have started doing the min buy in. Once I double that buy in I leave and then buy in at min again. It helps protect my earnings

I just lost on brovada yesterday in a tourney First hand of tourney KK The flop was 10 7 3 with two diamonds showing I pushed. A guy called with A 10 unsuited and caught A on river Dumb call paid. I was still in. Next hand I played was QQ. I did a 5XBB bet guy called. I flopped a Q. I pushed. Guy called with JJ. Next two cards were clubs to put four clubs on board and hed had J of clubs. So over all the bad beats at brovada.

In micro stake/freeroll tournaments you will see these types of moves alot. You just have to understand that there's variance and that not all hands will win in the long run if you opponent has at least 1% to win the hand.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So a quick update to let you guys know, all of your tips seem to work. Since yesterday evening I made about 8 dollars, not losing anything on the way. 1 table. Tonight I will be trying to crush a little more, maybe even go 2 tables ^^. God, I love this game...

Attachments

• update_stats.jpg
    update_stats.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 132
DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job m8, keep a good work, keep improving and analyzing your play and you'll crush micros in no time!!!

About adding a new table, of course that you can handle it, one more table is not big deal but i would wait for a few days more and then when i see that i'm winning consistently, then i would add another table...

Or you can try, it wont hurt you, concentrate bring you A game and don't rush and dont go to crazy.

Good luck!!!!! And may the variance go in your favor :D

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro stakes you basically want to play ABC poker. Only playing premium hands and using position as much as possible. Avoid playing too many hands and hands that be easy dominated. Should mostly be playing pairs & paint cards (suited), and just to maximize your profit each time you play one of these hands.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So for 2 days I have made about 20 dollars (1 table). I will post stats from HM2 as soon as I cross that magical number of 50 dollars (or maybe even I will go for 100 dollars ^^). Anyway if I could give something back and write some tips to other guys struggling with micros, it would be:

1. Patience.

Especially if you are playing only 1 table, good cards will not come very often. And if they do the flop may not come the way you would expect, and you could lose money even with good hands etc... (point 2). But sticking to the solid play despite those downswings WILL pay off. I know what I am saying!
I lost about 3 dollars entering the pot with good/premium hands but the flop each time was terrible. But I kept waiting...and waiting...and then waiting some more, and when the right moment came, I slowplayed a little bit at the beginning, check-raised on the turn and went all-in with nuts full-house on the river. The other guy called and BOOM! I made 7 dollars! You just have to be patient and wait for a perfect moment!

2. Not being attached to good hands.

Especially when the flop did not come in your favour its better to fold and see another flop than go crazy and lose money. I learnt it the hard way, busting my entire stack going all in on the turn with pocket Aces. I still think it was a good call though. The other guy just got lucky. What can I say? It happens.

3. Feeling bets (and cbets)

When a trashy flop comes (you know: rainbow flop with low cards) and there are mostly tight guys left in the pot (probably with premium/good hands) I like to throw a small feeling bet (even if I missed the flop either). I found that even bettig the big blind, makes most of them fold. If I get raised and I have nothing I will probably fold.
With calling-stations and guys with high VP (once I was playing with a guy with 95% VP!!!) its a bit harder because they will call those small bets anyway to see the next streets. Or they may even get lucky and get something on the flop with their trashy hands... So with them, I continue betting on the flop and after when I always have a good/decent hand, otherwise I fold. Dont bluff them. And dont get involved in that idiotic game of calling minbets just to see next river and hope to make something there (I dont mean draws here!). It will only cost you money. That type of guy, who min-bets probably has nothing either, but if you reraise him, he will probably call and...Naaah, not worth it.

4. Check-Raise

I Check-Raise very rarely, but when I do, I know that I have a good hand, I have a decent belief that the other guy has nothing/or close to it and I am afraid that when I bet, I will make him fold. Sometimes it works, sometimes is does not but at the end you can make some extra money if your opponent bets (because he though that you have nothing either).

That things supplemented with tracking software (HM2), value-betting, 3betting, raising with good hands, and knowing WHEN TO FOLD work for me. I might write more if I come up with other tips and if it makes any sense at all.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So for 2 days I have made about 20 dollars (1 table). I will post stats from HM2 .
You would probably benefit from looking at win rate per 100 hands instead of per day (or any other length of time). Of course, over two days, your sample size won't be statistically significant, but over the long run, it's important to take into account that you will play different amounts of hands on different days.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against the min bettor, it's fine to just call him down IF you have a hand that can improve. I.e. don't call min bets if you have 66 and the boad is 9JAT.

At micros, concentrate on playing TAG. Over the long run you'll probably win.

I say probably because you will inevitably get into bad runs against the diarrhea players.

E.g. today I crashed and burned twice against dudes who called 3 bets with Js9s and flopped or turned flushes.

Literally, the exact same hand cleaned me out twice.

So for 2 days I have made about 20 dollars (1 table). I will post stats from HM2 as soon as I cross that magical number of 50 dollars (or maybe even I will go for 100 dollars ^^). Anyway if I could give something back and write some tips to other guys struggling with micros, it would be:

1. Patience.

Especially if you are playing only 1 table, good cards will not come very often. And if they do the flop may not come the way you would expect, and you could lose money even with good hands etc... (point 2). But sticking to the solid play despite those downswings WILL pay off. I know what I am saying!
I lost about 3 dollars entering the pot with good/premium hands but the flop each time was terrible. But I kept waiting...and waiting...and then waiting some more, and when the right moment came, I slowplayed a little bit at the beginning, check-raised on the turn and went all-in with nuts full-house on the river. The other guy called and BOOM! I made 7 dollars! You just have to be patient and wait for a perfect moment!

2. Not being attached to good hands.

Especially when the flop did not come in your favour its better to fold and see another flop than go crazy and lose money. I learnt it the hard way, busting my entire stack going all in on the turn with pocket Aces. I still think it was a good call though. The other guy just got lucky. What can I say? It happens.

3. Feeling bets (and cbets)

When a trashy flop comes (you know: rainbow flop with low cards) and there are mostly tight guys left in the pot (probably with premium/good hands) I like to throw a small feeling bet (even if I missed the flop either). I found that even bettig the big blind, makes most of them fold. If I get raised and I have nothing I will probably fold.
With calling-stations and guys with high VP (once I was playing with a guy with 95% VP!!!) its a bit harder because they will call those small bets anyway to see the next streets. Or they may even get lucky and get something on the flop with their trashy hands... So with them, I continue betting on the flop and after when I always have a good/decent hand, otherwise I fold. Dont bluff them. And dont get involved in that idiotic game of calling minbets just to see next river and hope to make something there (I dont mean draws here!). It will only cost you money. That type of guy, who min-bets probably has nothing either, but if you reraise him, he will probably call and...Naaah, not worth it.

4. Check-Raise

I Check-Raise very rarely, but when I do, I know that I have a good hand, I have a decent belief that the other guy has nothing/or close to it and I am afraid that when I bet, I will make him fold. Sometimes it works, sometimes is does not but at the end you can make some extra money if your opponent bets (because he though that you have nothing either).

That things supplemented with tracking software (HM2), value-betting, 3betting, raising with good hands, and knowing WHEN TO FOLD work for me. I might write more if I come up with other tips and if it makes any sense at all.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
E.g. today I crashed and burned twice against dudes who called 3 bets with Js9s and flopped or turned flushes.
Tell me about bad beats... I recently made lots of bad beats, especially agains flushes (eg. my set of A agains a guy who hit a flush on the river holding 73s :( ). Tough luck...

Today I've started playing on pokerstars and I think that players there are much more "educated" :). Maybe I was picking wrong tables but the ones I've been playing on, were really tight. Maybe I'm not ready for Pokerstars :)

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Varience is going to kill you early so expect it. Play tag poker don't get angry. Also try and see as many flops as you can CHEAPLY. I know that isn't tag poker but with so many fish that cant fold it pays to see flops.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried playing tight micro level LH on PS. It was 2 months ago and I was only starting to learn poker.
Results were frustrating - by the time I finally got my premium hand all maniacs were out and no one call/raise so blinds eat up all my winnings and more.
Some days I was siting for 4-5 hours and only 2 - 3 decent hands were dealt.
Sometimes I lost big pots with my AK All In, went on tilt and lost more ;)

All in all - it was extremely boring, partly because there was full of multitablers who also played TAG, but were more experienced. Every time fresh maniac appeared at the table, multitablers swarmed in and eat him up before I could get my premium pair ;)

Finally I lost my 30$ roll there and now I'm only play some freeroll occasionally there.
I don't regret this time - I learned patience, self control and basic framework from which to move on. :shakehand

Now I play 10 player SNG at 770 and its much more interesting, safe for my BR and I can incorporate every new thing I learn into game immediately.

May be if I switch to cash games eventually, I will start out playing nit :hmmmm:

Yea, I feel like this is the number one problem for beginners, myself included.

I feel like SnGs are the way to go at first, since it pays off better to play like a NIT more than cash games do.

Liking the summarized post flop strategies on here too. Since the optimal beginner strat is to play very few hands, its often the case that newbies want to win their only pot in 40 hands even if they missed it entirely. Generally best to avoid bluffing almost entirely at first. No need at the lowest stakes.

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Varience is going to kill you early so expect it. Play tag poker don't get angry. Also try and see as many flops as you can CHEAPLY. I know that isn't tag poker but with so many fish that cant fold it pays to see flops.
Where I play there are lots of bad players (BossNetwork). Like...really bad. Guys with VPIP > 70% is a common thing. The problem I have with them is that those fuc*ers actually win money with trashy hands, going all-in all the time etc. I know that they should be a good thing for me and for some time I've been winning decent money, but recently it seems like I've been hitting lots of bad beats. I become angry, impatient and enter the pot with bad hands etc.

So I started trying to isolate those idiots, making quite bit preflop raises with good hands IP but they just can't fold. And they will stay with you till showdown, despite only having low pair or sometimes even nothing. The size of the bet does not matter to them, they will call it anyway. And the most frustrating part is that they very often hit something with those trashy hands... :( Its just fu*king unbelievable!

Sometimes Iam even scared to enter the pot with AA because they might hit 2 pairs (eg 7 and 2) or complete a flush draw on the river and I'll only lose more money.

I see you play at Pokerstars. Is it still possible nowadays to win some money there?

Balyev

Balyev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lay with your position is a sure way to win, you just have to be confident in their abilities. So you do not worry about the game all comes with experience, and learn from mistakes. Good luck to you.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@Fknife - i see what you are saying, from your last post i assume that players you are facing at bossnetwork are lot like the players i face at PKR, lot of limpers, when they limp they cant fold to a raise, they 3 bet with any ace, they call a 3 bet with any broadway drawing to much, call with a weak pair etc... Believe me, recognizing that your competition is as you described is half of the work there is need to be done, you know that they are calling anything, tight your preflop range a little but increase you bet size, you will play less hands buy you'll win more money because they will pay your good hands more, dont ever be worry about drawing hands, your job is to make them pay to draw, and make them pay big, even if they hit you'll win money every time they miss and they miss a lot more then they'll hit. dont be afraid to play any hand, dont be result oriented, long term if you are making good decisions good play will overwhelm variance or luck if you are like to calling it that way 72 can defeat AA of course but in 10k hands if you played AA good they will show you the profit. I just finished poker mindset audiobook, i would recommend you to read or listen it, it will explain you a lot of things beside the game theory, things that are equal or even more important to any winning player, after that book, i guarantee you that you'll have a different look to either bad beats, and bad plays from your opponents, give it a shot, you'll wont regret!!!

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT
Great to see you here again! You do always understand me the most :) I've read those books, you were suggesting me previously so I will definitely check out that Poker Mindset.

So about that "long term" orientated mindset, I know about it, I've read it in lots of books but... Long term consists of short terms and I dont see how losing money, that I made in one "short term", in another "short term" can get me profit over long run. I dont know, I feel frustrated. Maybe I've been playing this game not long enough.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your question above can be explained with an coin toss, if you throw a coin 2 times and both times it hit head is it more profitable to bet on the head then on the tail? if you throw a coin ten times you might see that head can hit 6 ouf of ten, even 7 or 8 out of 10, but if you coin toss 1k times, is it possible that head hits 1k times in a row, the results will most probably be really close to 50:50 maybe with a 5% tolerance, im not expert, maybe someone ca calculate it... but if you coin toss 100k times would you expect results different than 1:1?????? imagine that someone gives you $2 for when ever you hit head and you need to give $1 whenever tail lands is it a good deal for you?? 100k toss is a 100 small samples of 100 toss it doesnt madder, the sample doesn't reset when ever you start your session, AA will win more than 80% of preflop headsup, that doesnt mean that you will win next 8 if you lost 2 in a row it doest mean that you will lost next if you won 8 in a row it means that every time you are in a hand with AA in headsup preflop you have 80% chances to wining it, you might lost 4, 5 10 times in a row but in 1k times you will win more than 800 times, it is a large number theory, knowing this and knowing how to adjust the pot odds with this is a winning combination.

I say again the post above is just how i understand things, you got to take in consideration that:
1. i read books and articles in language that is not my native
2. i post my understanding of theory in a language that is not my native
If i made some errors here i would love if someone corrects me, it is a win for all of us who post and reads here...

much love

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@DrazaFFT

Yes I've seen those examples with coin flip, dice etc in books, in chapters about expected value :) It is true but as you said, you need quite big sample size. How much is it in relation to poker? How many hands played, hours/days? What is that "long term" in mikro stakes?

And also, do you have any advice how to put that type of opponents, that I described earlier, on range? Guy playing > 70% of hands can have literaly everything! When you just can't get rid of those morons from the pot, and they stick with you till showdown, how do you estimate if your hand is good enough to beat them? They always seem to pick something up on the streets.

And btw, did you see recent UFC FN? Belfort is becoming a beast with age. He scares me :(

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really cant judge about what is a good enough sample, i only play one table but in few discussions guys told me that you should consider samples 10k and bigger anything below that can be a fluke, i played 2k hands at PKR at combined 2 and 4nl making a $23 bucks profit, i cant really say that im a winning player because i did experienced some swings of about $10 up and down...

Opponent types are easiest explained at Polished poker vol. 1, a John A book that i mentioned to you especially in a taking notes chapter.

About vpip 70 guys, they are easiest to beat type of players, first of all take note about is there a position tell about their play which hand he would play and which hand he would fold from early position, look for any posible betting patern that they might make and take a note about them, if a guy raise 2,5bb from utg with small pocket pair and 4bb with suitedconnectors, take a note, is he betting unusual when he try to steal? take a note if he does, of course that you cant expect that you figure out a guys intentions in 20-30 hands, so take as much notes as you can, if you have a hud/tracker even better, take a look at harrington on online cash game, he explains how to adjust your play to the guys stats but even that is not that important at micros, just tight a lot, dot be afraid to fold if you dont have a nuts and and have enough info but make sure that you take a note about every street that you saw, make your fold to your wib for the next time, when you do have a nuts, make sure that you value bet large, even if someone surprisingly fold next time make just a bit smaller bet, adjust it to the biggest possible callable bet but make sure that you not give the good pot odds to the drawing hands, that is also important it is your fault if you give someone good odds to cal with a draw just because you wanted to slow play...

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I busted out twice. The two hands?

1) Super aggro villain raises pre. I threebet him all in with AK. He snaps calls with ATos. He flops flush AND str draw on flop. And completes str by turn.

2) I have QK vs. KJ. I hit Q on Q93 flop. I check raise him all in. He snap calls. Hits T on turn.

The str has raped me innumerable times lately. How can they be so consistently lucky or me consistently unlucky?

I am trying not to tilt but it's impossible.