Probability

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you focus on the statistics of your poker hand? Or do you just know what hands you should and should not play and not pay attention to the numbers?

I try to pay attention at statistcs, but always adjusting with the time of the game, my stack, villain notes

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to pay attention at statistcs, but always adjusting with the time of the game, my stack, villain notes

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

Probability helps us to always have an estimate of whether there is a chance of winning in a given hand, we know that there are strong hands pre flop, but everything is decided after the flop, and there is a high percentage of players who win with the river.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, you can always fold weak hands, but any 2 cards always have a chance to collect a winning combination. also, there are often situations in poker when your hand does not matter if you have correctly determined the opponent's range. Statistics can help to identify errors in the game, but it is not suitable to fully dictate the style of the game to you.:)

CaSpeR851

CaSpeR851

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I focus on statistics and study the odds. Without analysis it is very difficult to survive

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you focus on the statistics of your poker hand? Or do you just know what hands you should and should not play and not pay attention to the numbers?
In the beginning I concentrated. Nowadays, after a lot of games and studies, I don't have so much need, it's automatic.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The exact numbers? I find it very difficult to focus on that.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. That is a very good question. I continue to read and listen to what is going on out there. I am a math minor and love stats. The many years I have played have become so innate that I have a lot of what to dos and what not to dos down. It is always good, too, to know who on the table is a maniac, betting almost every hand and has no range. So if you do or do not is a personal choice, but I have grown out of a lot of use tos'.

Cheers