** Pot Limit Omahahahaha April Learning Thread **

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So what you are advocating is just to play rock solid hands, be very predictable and grind it out?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what you are advocating is just to play rock solid hands, be very predictable and grind it out?
did i say that? u can mix up ur play but u should play hands that have some potential and not complete garbage. its even worse that u limped with it, i could understand if u raised to try and steal but limping is horrible.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

did i say that? u can mix up ur play but u should play hands that have some potential and not complete garbage. its even worse that u limped with it, i could understand if u raised to try and steal but limping is horrible.

I'll say that. You should be nut peddling like a son of a bitch. Tight as tight can be. Maybe even a little tighter.:p

People are so bad just sit back and make a killing, no need to get in many questionable spots IMHO. :D

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In this I'll say you are off the mark. Steal what? Blinds? It's almost impossible to steal blinds in micro Omaha games. And it is worth me to limp at times. If I lose with an occasional crappy hand it is worth it for when I have the monster hand.

Now back to the hand. What would you do on the turn?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this I'll say you are off the mark. Steal what? Blinds? It's almost impossible to steal blinds in micro Omaha games. And it is worth me to limp at times. If I lose with an occasional crappy hand it is worth it for when I have the monster hand.

Now back to the hand. What would you do on the turn?
its not worth limping in early position with that hand and the money u lose from playing them is far greater than that of the money u win when u make a monster with them.

the flop raise to 4$ is fine and depending on the turn card we re-adjust because there are a lot of cards that will kill our hand

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the last couple months of playing omaha, I've learned that way more 1 outers hit against you than you would really like to see. I had a terrible run where about 4 out of the last 10 times I was against one outers they hit.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now here's the fun part. What would you put him on here?

Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, BB raises to $9.74 (All-In)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now here's the fun part. What would you put him on here?

Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, BB raises to $9.74 (All-In)
could posibble have a rap but most likely has something like 2 pair with a draw but i know u won the hand because u would not post it if u didnt and he probably donked off with top pair and no draw

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy mother of fold preflop BBB. Like seriously, i don't care how good anyone is at omaha, they are losing by playing this hand for value. I mean like what are you looking to hit? Pretty much your only good flop is 9 high rainbow boards. Thats it. All other boards are so hard to play and usually result in losing money in the long run.

I don't even bother raising the flop, since our hand has like no worth against anything that stacks on the flop. I prefer getting it in on safe turns. As played, you have to call the shove and pretty much pray that he has top pair + wrap draw, since thats like the bottom of his range, and you have a massive 60% equity against that, which is not the spot you want to be in but meh

Last edited:
Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BB was new to table. Was looking to see a flop cheap here.

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com
Hero (MP1): $26.33
MP2: $19.44
CO: $9.15
BTN: $10.42
SB: $5.06
BB: $9.99
UTG: $22.32
UTG+1: $44.70
Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP1 with 2 9 9 2
2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks
Flop: ($1.00) T A 9 (4 players)
SB checks, BB bets $1,
Hero ?

I wasn't just looking for a flush. I was looking at this hand to fill a boat. I raised to $4. Now, too much, not enough?

This is a horrid hand in both hi and lo, but even a worse hand in HL. I mean I would fold this in the BB, that's how bad it is. lol Seriously, there is probably not a worse hand. If any of you decent Omaha HL can explain otherwise, please do. How you were looking at this hand to do anything.... Okay, okay, you hit a set. Miraculously with 2 outs in the deck. You'll likely get away a pot bet - this time. Maybe not. :eek:

Last edited:
ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make alot of my bankroll from .01/.02 Omaha Hi/Lo I won't move up a level because if it ain't broke don't fix it.

pokerstars Game #26668051389: Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2009/04/03 3:10:22 ET
Table 'Edasich VIII' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: ibindum ($2.98 in chips)
Seat 2: parra07 ($0.36 in chips)
Seat 3: IW84U ($0.94 in chips)
Seat 4: ZackK19 ($4.86 in chips)
Seat 5: Sebas2283 ($2.56 in chips)
Seat 6: 88cattledog ($3.20 in chips)
Sebas2283: posts small blind $0.01
88cattledog: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ZackK19 [8c 2s 9c Ac]
ibindum: calls $0.02
parra07: calls $0.02
IW84U: calls $0.02
ZackK19: raises $0.11 to $0.13
Sebas2283: raises $0.11 to $0.24
88cattledog: folds
ibindum: folds
parra07: calls $0.22
IW84U: folds
ZackK19: raises $0.78 to $1.02
Sebas2283: calls $0.78
parra07: calls $0.12 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [4c 5s Kc]
Sebas2283: checks
ZackK19: bets $2.36
Sebas2283: calls $1.54 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.82) returned to ZackK19
*** TURN *** [4c 5s Kc] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [4c 5s Kc Js] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Sebas2283: shows [Qd Ks 3d Qh] (HI: a pair of Kings)
ZackK19: shows [8c 2s 9c Ac] (HI: a flush, Ace high)
ZackK19 collected $4.20 from side pot
parra07: mucks hand
ZackK19 collected $1.09 from main pot
No low hand qualified
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5.54 Main pot $1.09. Side pot $4.20. | Rake $0.25
Board [4c 5s Kc Js Tc]
Seat 1: ibindum folded before Flop
Seat 2: parra07 mucked [9s Kh 3s Ad]
Seat 3: IW84U folded before Flop
Seat 4: ZackK19 (button) showed [8c 2s 9c Ac] and won ($5.29) with HI: a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: Sebas2283 (small blind) showed [Qd Ks 3d Qh] and lost with HI: a pair of Kings
Seat 6: 88cattledog (big blind) folded before Flop

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't move up a level because if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Wat?

do you realize that with this attitude, if you actually happen to be good, you could be passing up on the opportunity to earn a very decent income from playing this game, even recreationally?

If you knew for certain that you can't beat a higher level, than it would be fine, but not even trying is so -EV it should be a crime.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no disrespect meant to all the ppl posting O8 hands but isnt this a PLO thread?

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wat?

do you realize that with this attitude, if you actually happen to be good, you could be passing up on the opportunity to earn a very decent income from playing this game, even recreationally?

If you knew for certain that you can't beat a higher level, than it would be fine, but not even trying is so -EV it should be a crime.

It not so much not trying the level.Cause I did move up when playing at FT.It just seems when I move up alevel I also get a huge dose of variance.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK... after reading about half of hwang's book today and playing PLO 25 for about an hour...

OMFG people suck at this game...worse than i thought

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we please get a thread for april on O8.I play that alot and do really well and would like to talk with others on here about O8???

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK... after reading about half of hwang's book today and playing PLO 25 for about an hour...

OMFG people suck at this game...worse than i thought

Most people call with anything thinking hey I got two spades and K 9 I could flop a straight.When the truth is 2s 3s Kh 9c is a bad starting hand.Most people don't know you want to play a tight game and play hands with a good draw to them like As Js Kh 10h. or a JQ109.Most people don't understand that Omaha is the game of the nuts and frankly I'm happy they suck more money for me.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I didn't want to smack down on people for posting O8 hands, but this really is a PLO thread.

Hey Tygran you want to organize some group sweat or something using Mikogo/skype for PLO 25? Agreed about the level and the players there, I ran at 8.5BB/100 for the month there (only 2k hands though, micro-sample).

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I didn't want to smack down on people for posting O8 hands, but this really is a PLO thread.

Hey Tygran you want to organize some group sweat or something using Mikogo/skype for PLO 25? Agreed about the level and the players there, I ran at 8.5BB/100 for the month there (only 2k hands though, micro-sample).

Yeah that sounds like a good idea! I still sorta want a bit more experience before i start giving a ton of advice but I think I'm picking up the basics quickly enough.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.05 BB (3 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($5.56)
Button ($7.28)
Hero ($5.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ah, Qd, Ac, 3h.
Button raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.5, 1 fold, Button calls $0.33.

Flop: ($1.05) 5s, Jh, Th (2 players)
Hero bets $0.7, Button raises to $3.1, Hero raises to $4.9, Button calls $1.80.

Turn: ($10.85) 7c (2 players)

River: ($10.85) 9h (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.85

Sorry if I'm being retarded, but is this standard, or really bad?

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.05 BB (3 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($5.56)
Button ($7.28)
Hero ($5.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ah, Qd, Ac, 3h.
Button raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.5, 1 fold, Button calls $0.33.

Flop: ($1.05) 5s, Jh, Th (2 players)
Hero bets $0.7, Button raises to $3.1, Hero raises to $4.9, Button calls $1.80.

Turn: ($10.85) 7c (2 players)

River: ($10.85) 9h (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.85

Sorry if I'm being retarded, but is this standard, or really bad?

This is a decent but not great AA hand... it's one suited (A3h) the Q gives you some remote straight possibilities but isn't a super card .

However... in general if you can get AAxx in preflop heads up you are a favorite over basically everything but a better AAxx hand.

What you have to be careful with is postflop with an AA hand that simply misses the board entirely... AA as an overpair on most boards is not anywhere near as strong a hand as it is on the flop in hold em. As played, with the nut flush draw + the overpair this is fine.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had missed the flop entirely, it would be pretty bad. With the nut flush draw it looks OK, although I kind of like ch/raising the flop more than leading.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had missed the flop entirely, it would be pretty bad. With the nut flush draw it looks OK, although I kind of like ch/raising the flop more than leading.

Yeah definitely would't have shipped it in without the flush draw. Looking at it again, yeah c/raising the flop looks much nicer. Thanks