• Poll closed .
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nuts Is any spade+any queen, but what I'd like to ask Is why can't trips be good? So like Trip "Aces"?

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can't be 7 as 7 is not an option in the quiz.

The choices are 0, 9 or 12.

9 and 12 can't be correct for sure, so then it's 0, maybe they only count royal flush as nuts.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is obtained 12 outs: 9 Spades + 3 Q offsuited.
To be honest, for nuts (royal flush) there is 2 outs (J and Q spades).

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What am I missing? I'm not sure how 0 and 7 outs are coming into play. QJ of spades is the absolute nuts. Any Q would also give top straight, so the nuts too. Any spade would give top flush, although the J of spade would pair the board and give someone a chance at a full house. Seems like 11 safe outs to the nuts, possibly 12.

I agree, 11 outs.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think there is obtained 12 outs: 9 Spades + 3 Q offsuited.
To be honest, for nuts (royal flush) there is 2 outs (J and Q spades).

You don't count any outs for a BD, that's why the answer is 0.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The :Js: is actually a card that wouldn't get you to the nuts. Board would pair leaving all sets as better then your nut flush and then you would have 1 out to the nuts.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not clear what a BD?

A backdoor draw.

Lets say you have :Ad: :5d4:

on a :Qh: :7d4: :4c4: board.

You have 2 BD draws (Back door draws)

and 3 or 2 on the turn gives you a wheel draw, and any diamond on the turn gives you a flush draw.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 outs but keep trying the quizs ,remember ur choices as you only have 2 more trys

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A backdoor draw.

Lets say you have :Ad: :5d4:

on a :Qh: :7d4: :4c4: board.

You have 2 BD draws (Back door draws)

and 3 or 2 on the turn gives you a wheel draw, and any diamond on the turn gives you a flush draw.

The reduction is not immediately understood :D. BD - backdoor draw.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yea BD is a backdoor. I am lazy with my textin :D

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 they made a mistake in question. You can go daredeviljo's post to read what the outs are, and count them.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say 12 outs

9 spades for the nut flush and 3 Qs for the nut straight.
The question does not specifically say it should be the outs for the royal flush... it just say nuts.
Maybe the PSO just wants the student go nuts on the question.
Lol

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd say 12 outs

9 spades for the nut flush and 3 Qs for the nut straight.
The question does not specifically say it should be the outs for the royal flush... it just say nuts.
Maybe the PSO just wants the student go nuts on the question.
Lol

LOL. I think Wildyetty hit the nail on the head with PSO tricking us. Good that wild was thinking outside of the box.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wut?!!?!?!?!?

I got 7 outs...

2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, Qh, Qd, Qc

Yep. Nothing else makes any sense to me, otherwise there are potential straight flushes to our flushesor straights.

What a bizzare set of options, I wonder that PSO's interpretation of the "correct" answer is.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my god guys, there is only 52 cards on the deck, you can go every one through and see if it’s an out. There is no need to guess how many outs there are, you can count them.

Is 2d out? -> no
Is 3d out? -> no
Is 4d out? -> no
etc….

Is 2s out? -> yes
etc…

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For the people who keep banging on about it being 7, you are 100% wrong!! PSO has not done their sums wrong!!

They may have worded their question wrong and its any nut not just the royal, or as wild has pointed out it is a trick question, I would go with the latter. Just counting 2s,3s,4s, and 5s is not a nut as you only have 2 cards to come and you don't have any chance of getting a flush wheel, that is why 7 is a 100% wrong!!!

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the people who keep banging on about it being 7, you are 100% wrong!! PSO has not done their sums wrong!!

They may have worded their question wrong and its any nut not just the royal, or as wild has pointed out it is a trick question, I would go with the latter. Just counting 2s,3s,4s, and 5s is not a nut as you only have 2 cards to come and you don't have any chance of getting a flush wheel, that is why 7 is a 100% wrong!!!

So the turn card is 2s, do you have the nuts?

It's normal to say here that you have the nuts, even though river might change it around. It's still possible that they meant it that way, but it's quite unlikely, even though in pure logical theory that holds very well.

Talks like: On the flop I had the nuts, but he got runner runner, and I lost is quite typical example of the usage of nuts term.

haha, googling found this: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/nuts-what-exactly-does-it-mean-133379/

Definition of nuts: https://www.pokernews.com/pokerterms/nuts.htm

Originally Posted by RichKo:
"Taken from Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy's glossary

nuts: The best possible hand given the cards on board
"

Last edited:
F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
today is not pokerschool tournament why?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the love of God i cant seem to pass Cash. Ive answered the questions to the best of my ability and i still cant seem to get a passing grade. Pokerschool online goes by book and you have to be super accurate with your answers, not how the actual game of poker works tbh but their rules so gotta be accurate and by the book in order to pass that cash course. Ive given up on it in all honesty. Haven't passed it but am doing great when i hit the cash tables so what does that say...