EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So the turn card is 2s, do you have the nuts?

It's normal to say here that you have the nuts, even though river might change it around. It's still possible that they meant it that way, but it's quite unlikely, even though in pure logical theory that holds very well.

Talks like: On the flop I had the nuts, but he got runner runner, and I lost is quite typical example of the usage of nuts term.

haha, googling found this: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/nuts-what-exactly-does-it-mean-133379/

Definition of nuts: https://www.pokernews.com/pokerterms/nuts.htm

Originally Posted by RichKo:
"Taken from Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy's glossary

nuts: The best possible hand given the cards on board
"

Yes, we have an A high flush, even if the 6s hits the turn, we still have the same A high flush, thats why it is NOT 7 outs!!

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, we have an A high flush, even if the 7s hits the turn, we still have the same A high flush, thats why it is NOT 7 outs!!

If 7s hits the turn and opponent has 8sJs, you definitely have no nuts, he has.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If turn is 6s then 87ss is nuts, not AKss, only outs to the nuts are 2345s and Qd Qh Qc. If the flop was Js 10s 9h then it would be nine outs, but when it's Jh 10s 9s it's seven outs.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 6s hits, 7s8s is nuts.

True but if you don't play an A high flush as if it were the nuts (unless you got a strong read tho). It will cost you alot of money in the long run.

So would say it is 12, however indeed they could have phrased the question a bit differently..

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If 6s hits, 7s8s is nuts.

This is why when we have a possible 12 outs on a flop like this, we JAM it in. So hands like 78s J8s, don't get there cheaply :D

PSO is asking how many outs you have now on this flop, not bad outs on later streets.

Last edited:
I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think its 9 outs cause u count only spades

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you are supposed to
"Flop the Nuts, you turn the Monkey Nuts, and you river the absolute Coconuts."

I think what we have all been confused about is - What nuts are you going for?

If we are talking general nuts:
You have 11 outs to the general nuts.

Any spade minus the jack of spades (8) + (3 Non spade queens for the monkey nut straight)

We can't count the :Js: as a turn to the nuts, Because it improves all J10 J9 and sets to full houses.
If we are talking monkey nuts, then we only have 7.

We have 7 outs to the monkey nuts. 2s 3s 4s 5s Qc Qd Qh
Any other turn spades put potential straight flushes on the board,
If we are looking for a turn card to the absolute coconuts
We have 0 immediate outs to the absolute coconuts,
We need a Turn :Qs:/:Js: and river :Js:/:Qs:
Therefore I believe, the only correct answer to this poll is 0. (Outs to the absolute coconuts)

If you count 12(9 spades and 3 remaining Queens) you are including the :Js: If the :Js: turns your ace high flush is the 8th best hand.

You lose to Qs8s
You lose to 8s7s
You lose to JJ
You lose to J10
You lose to J9
You lose to 10 10
You lose to 99

If you remove the Js from your possible outs (12-1 = 11)
Then 6s7s8sQs will give you the 2nd/3rd nuts possible (Which is arguably a nutted hand but not the monkey nuts)

If you count 9 you are ignoring the 3 non spade queens that give you the monkey nuts (and the highest possible hand on the board)

So by process of elimination 0 must be correct because must be talking about outs to the absolute coconuts.

Last edited:
macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
9 outs
13-4 spades=9spades

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say Hi to the Langolier for me if he is still teaching there. I got a bad name there though for making a point,so maybe hold off on that and tell effsea he sucks! :)