Poker Trainer Game for the Micros - Can you play and give us feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I looked a lot at open-source bots code, and assembled something that measures the relative strength of a hand on a flop. I don't want to elaborate too much, because I don't want to give away my "secret sauce" :)

But anyway, this is mainly aimed to understand how strong hero is. After knowing that, we teach actions and reactions according to position, knowledge on villan, flop wetness, etc.

We try to find the right balance between going deep enough to be able to win the micros, and not too deep, to make things not too complex.

I have to admit, I didnt have time to test your simulator but from your general 'description' I assume you have to deal with lots of "hand vs range/range vs range on a given board" situations on the fly.

I've been thinking about writing a "similar" software myself (just for fun, nothing serious), not exactly like yours, but it would have to do lots of range orientated calculations (constructing ranges based on stats, dividing it into strong/weak fits, calculating equities between them etc etc).

Actually I coded a simple hand evaluator (just a standard "hand hashing with precalculated lookup tables" approach) and a Monte Carlo type equity calculator but its slow as... I can see some potential places which I could probably speed up a bit, maybe even use multiple threads but I read somewhere that applications like Pokerstove or Equilab dont use multithreading and they are really fast after all.

So thats why I asked that question, maybe you have some hidden ninja tricks how to do that efficiently. Oh and that 'tip' with poker bots was actually quite useful, I picked some good pieces of code from them :)

G

guyman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit, I didnt have time to test your simulator but from your general 'description' I assume you have to deal with lots of "hand vs range/range vs range on a given board" situations on the fly.

I've been thinking about writing a "similar" software myself (just for fun, nothing serious), not exactly like yours, but it would have to do lots of range orientated calculations (constructing ranges based on stats, dividing it into strong/weak fits, calculating equities between them etc etc).

Actually I coded a simple hand evaluator (just a standard "hand hashing with precalculated lookup tables" approach) and a Monte Carlo type equity calculator but its slow as... I can see some potential places which I could probably speed up a bit, maybe even use multiple threads but I read somewhere that applications like Pokerstove or Equilab dont use multithreading and they are really fast after all.

So thats why I asked that question, maybe you have some hidden ninja tricks how to do that efficiently. Oh and that 'tip' with poker bots was actually quite useful, I picked some good pieces of code from them :)
Yea those simulations of hand vs range etc. take a lot of time. If you're creating a real bot, that needs to play in response to a real hand, you have to calc it in realtime, and there is no workaround. But, if you are creating a simulator like ours, you can always pre-create levels, and provide them "quickly" on demand.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guyman how much time we have for this alpha testing left?

G

guyman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guyman how much time we have for this alpha testing left?

We are working on the BETA version now: graphics, sounds effects and much more levels.
The Alpha will stay up for the next weeks and then we'll take it down.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
should we apply for beta or us who have been registered will have access to beta version?

D

DenverDave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

How does one get on? I don't see a register link.

Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 Games