Poker books.

bioluchin

bioluchin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Hi Everyone. I m starting in poker´s world and I ´m wondering which would be a good book to start learning more deeply about Poker. I hope you could recommend me some. Thank you. Have a nice sunday.

PD: Sorry If my english isn´t so good.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would recommend taking a course promoted by professional players, or even hiring a mentor from one of them.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Everyone. I m starting in poker´s world and I ´m wondering which would be a good book to start learning more deeply about Poker. I hope you could recommend me some. Thank you. Have a nice sunday.

PD: Sorry If my english isn´t so good.
1 - CardsChat: Become a winning poker player in 30 days
Authors: @Collin Moshman[/USER] and @Katie Dozier

This is the book, there are also the videos:

2 - Polished Poker Vol I
Author: @John A (John Anhalt)
Ask it and he’ll kindly provide you the link

3 - Poker Theory
Author: David Sklansky

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not indicate books, it is not a good tool for anyone who wants to be profitable in poker. Here is a free course from cuminade https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641 start by looking around, then look at some professional players to be a coach, or, enter for a poker team where they will give you all the necessary support for your evolution.

I'm a professional, if you want you can call me in private so we can exchange an idea.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not indicate books, it is not a good tool for anyone who wants to be profitable in poker. Here is a free course from cuminade https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641 start by looking around, then look at some professional players to be a coach, or, enter for a poker team where they will give you all the necessary support for your evolution.
Thanks for sharing your ideas mate. You can speak for yourself, maybe books aren’t good to you but they might be good for others.
Just a little piece of advice Brazilian friend, and for this I would like to quote Star Wars: “only a Sith can be so radical”, or something like that.
You claim to be a professional many times, but you have just appeared here in the forum. I see no comments of you in the threads about strategy, which makes me to, unfortunately, doubt of your skills.
No intention to offend or hurt, just being candid over this subject, I think what you are trying to state is that you are a Regular, a profitable poker player. A professional is something that is far beyond being profitable. A poker pro excels regulars as they were all fishes.
And if the forum and you allow me, you continue to make propaganda (indirectly), it looks to me that you are interested in selling courses, ideas, invite people to play in this or that poker room, well, it would be very good for us if you mind your actions and if you could try to be more humble, even better.
Sorry for my sincerity, I’m saying all of this for your good and for the forum’s sake.
Have a nice day, best regards!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for sharing your ideas mate. You can speak for yourself, maybe books aren’t good to you but they might be good for others.
Just a little piece of advice Brazilian friend, and for this I would like to quote Star Wars: “only a Sith can be so radical”, or something like that.
You claim to be a professional many times, but you have just appeared here in the forum. I see no comments of you in the threads about strategy, which makes me to, unfortunately, doubt of your skills.
No intention to offend or hurt, just being candid over this subject, I think what you are trying to state is that you are a Regular, a profitable poker player. A professional is something that is far beyond being profitable. A poker pro excels regulars as they were all fishes.
And if the forum and you allow me, you continue to make propaganda (indirectly), it looks to me that you are interested in selling courses, ideas, invite people to play in this or that poker room, well, it would be very good for us if you mind your actions and if you could try to be more humble, even better.
Sorry for my sincerity, I’m saying all of this for your good and for the forum’s sake.
I have to laugh at your allegations, do you have something against me? envy ? something like that ? I don't understand this persecution you're having with me. Man tell me a professional who recommends books? poker is a game for people that changes over time, as players evolve and some moves are no longer profitable, what we call exploits, where field studies are always done using software, where we study the part theory vs the field and then we see where we can explore the field. This is how real poker is studied, but everything using software to study pre and post flop, icm situations, that is, I know what I'm talking about, I have experience with high stakes professionals, and that I can tell you stating none of them will refer you to books. You're saying I'm disheartened, but why? I'm adding here bringing my experience gained in a few years of poker, I see this as a pain in the neck on your part. And I'm not trying to sell a course or anything like that, I made a suggestion just for a poker team, but I saw that it's not allowed here, so I respected it and didn't try to suggest more. And about the strategy forum, I'm not aware of it yet, but I'll try to post there. And what's the problem if someone here wants to pay me for training? I have good experience in the micro limit, and ability to change people's game, so don't give me that.

So, I'm not saying that it won't be interesting to read a book about poker, but from the point of view of the technical part of the game, it's deficient. There's a lot of good content out there on the internet for free, which will give you a better knowledge.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
books are dead and old for poker, best way is to read forums and discuss hands or see hands on hand replayers etc

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So, I'm not saying that it won't be interesting to read a book about poker, but from the point of view of the technical part of the game, it's deficient. There's a lot of good content out there on the internet for free, which will give you a better knowledge.
I have to laugh at your allegations, do you have something against me? envy ? something like that ? I don't understand this persecution you're having with me. Man tell me a professional who recommends books? poker is a game for people that changes over time, as players evolve and some moves are no longer profitable, what we call exploits, where field studies are always done using software, where we study the part theory vs the field and then we see where we can explore the field. This is how real poker is studied, but everything using software to study pre and post flop, icm situations, that is, I know what I'm talking about, I have experience with high stakes professionals, and that I can tell you stating none of them will refer you to books. You're saying I'm disheartened, but why? I'm adding here bringing my experience gained in a few years of poker, I see this as a pain in the neck on your part. And I'm not trying to sell a course or anything like that, I made a suggestion just for a poker team, but I saw that it's not allowed here, so I respected it and didn't try to suggest more. And about the strategy forum, I'm not aware of it yet, but I'll try to post there. And what's the problem if someone here wants to pay me for training? I have good experience in the micro limit, and ability to change people's game, so don't give me that.
Thanks for your feedback. I like you very much and was trying to help you, sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I agree to you, most of Poker theory and methodology is software based.
I never thought you would be offended because I have called you a regular instead of a professional.
I myself would love to be a regular, which I’m not. I’m just a poker fish in my way of learning and my profits are preposterous, it is clear to me that you are a higher player, and if anyone doubts of your skills, just take a look into your nickname in sharkscope.
I’m not hunting you, I just thought you were playing Brazilian smart way, i.e, instead of posting a link you are asking for private messages, but whatever, I admit it was my mistake, and I’m pretty dumb and clueless, I should have measured my words properly dear Brazilian comrade.
I hope you forgive me for my mistake, all the best for you!

Although I disagree with your opinion, I will fully respect it. It is good that players and forum users disagree on their opinions, thus all of us can have a larger perspective on poker and life.
Thanks for your attention and for your respect, because you calmly disagree without raising a contend or a fight, and I appreciate it very much.
I like books and I would love to read the opinions of other poker players who use to write books until today, for example professor John Anhalt @John A and Nathan “blackrain79” Williams @Nathan Williams.
Once again, thanks a lot for your kindness, patience and contribution.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for your feedback. I like you very much and was trying to help you, sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I agree to you, most of Poker theory and methodology is software based.
I never thought you would be offended because I have called you a regular instead of a professional.
I myself would love to be a regular, which I’m not. I’m just a poker fish in my way of learning and my profits are preposterous, it is clear to me that you are a higher player, and if anyone doubts of your skills, just take a look into your nickname in SharkScope.
I’m not hunting you, I just thought you were playing Brazilian smart way, i.e, instead of posting a link you are asking for private messages, but whatever, I admit it was my mistake, and I’m pretty dumb and clueless, I should have measured my words properly dear Brazilian comrade.
I hope you forgive me for my mistake, all the best for you!
Calm down my friend, I know that in the Brazilian poker scene there are a lot of "malandros" trying to get along. But I'm not, I was a little surprised by your reaction to my answer to the friend, but it happens, everything is cool. Let's go upstairs.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Calm down my friend, I know that in the Brazilian poker scene there are a lot of "malandros" trying to get along. But I'm not, I was a little surprised by your reaction to my answer to the friend, but it happens, everything is cool. Let's go upstairs.
Neat! Do you know Claudio Davino or Ramon Sfalsin? I made poker courses with Claudio “PeixeFeliz” Davino, and he doesn’t use books as well, only softwares such HUD and Power Equilab for example.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These two are good. I REALLY like this author and have read lots of his stuff. He also writes the 'ThinkingPoker' blog and many years ago was on some of the PokerTraining sites (training videos). He also has a series where he writes about his live experience at the wsop MainEvent (I believe there's 8 books for 8 different years of playing it... I read them all, lol)
ScreenHunter 12115

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These were ahead of their time when they were released, Heads Up by Will Tipton
ScreenHunter 12118

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Michael Acevedo - The Tournament Workbook is due to be released this month (Mar.2023). His first book is amazing! (I haven't read it yet but do own it)
ScreenHunter 12117

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
'IF' I was just starting out today, I'm not really sure where I'd begin. I believe it's important to gain a decent foundation with the basics and then build from this. Where can one find material that begins at 'A' & works towards 'Z'... I really don't know anymore. I think the 30-day Cardschat course would likely be your best bet. (even though I haven't read it)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a professional, if you want you can call me in private so we can exchange an idea.
$200/mth. Do you split 50/50 with team you play for?

Not sure if any of the books I've posted are available in multiple languages. I know Michael Acevedo's book is also available in French, but not sure if it's also in anything else.
Have you read any of the books I've listed in the pictures?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Not sure if any of the books I've posted are available in multiple languages. I know Michael Acevedo's book is also available in French, but not sure if it's also in anything else.
Hi there precious mate, thanks for your bibliographical input, I haven’t read any of these but I confess I loved it! Do you own these book as printed versions or kindle/PDF formats?
I’m starting a plan to steal your books, 👿 :ROFLMAO: just kidding friend, I hope the OP also enjoy it as I did.
As always, you are one of the oldest members of this forum and I own utter respect to you and the things you post. You are brave and funny and it’s a real pleasure to have you with us!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi there precious mate, thanks for your bibliographical input, I haven’t read any of these but I confess I loved it! Do you own these book as printed versions or kindle/PDF formats?
I’m starting a plan to steal your books, 👿 :ROFLMAO: just kidding friend, I hope the OP also enjoy it as I did.
As always, you are one of the oldest members of this forum and I own utter respect to you and the things you post. You are brave and funny and it’s a real pleasure to have you with us!
Not to mention they’re a smoking hot-looking version of Phil Ivey..! 😍😜

iman_wd

iman_wd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
I have found the book "Holdem Wisdom" by Daniel Negreanu to be a valuable resource for those embarking on their poker journey. Its simplicity and practicality make it an ideal starting point for beginners. I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking to improve their poker skills and knowledge .

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
D
Not to mention they’re a smoking hot-looking version of Phil Ivey..! 😍😜
What’s up fella! Good to see you around. Who are “they”? I got myself kinda lost, lol

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Neat! Do you know Claudio Davino or Ramon Sfalsin? I made poker courses with Claudio “PeixeFeliz” Davino, and he doesn’t use books as well, only softwares such HUD and Power Equilab for example.
Yes I have their course from 2017 a bit old. But a guy who teaches very well, Ramon "pescanco". He owns a poker team "pokerlab".

'IF' I was just starting out today, I'm not really sure where I'd begin. I believe it's important to gain a decent foundation with the basics and then build from this. Where can one find material that begins at 'A' & works towards 'Z'... I really don't know anymore. I think the 30-day Cardschat course would likely be your best bet. (even though I haven't read it)
Yes, all basic knowledge is welcome. I will briefly tell you my poker story. I started playing 0.25$ sit go, in a week I went up to 1$ sits, after a month I was already playing 7.50$ tournaments, when I started my knowledge was very basic, I was a medium advanced donkey and I thought that I knew how to play poker hahahah, but after you start studying and having access to quality content you start to see that you don't know anything hahahah. So my tip for anyone wanting to start a journey between a poker team, is the easiest and fastest way to evolution.

Yes, but it wasn't always like that, in the beginning it was 70/30, then as you progress within the team you start to get better deals.

$200 /month. Do you share 50/50 with the team you play for?

I'm not sure if any of the books I posted are available in multiple languages. I know that Michael Acevedo's book is also available in French, but I'm not sure if it's also available anywhere else.
Have you read any of the books that I listed in the images?
No, never read.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I have their course from 2017 a bit old. But a guy who teaches very well, Ramon "pescanco". He owns a poker team "pokerlab".
Nice to read it mate. Maybe this is one of the reasons you got yourself profitable in the game. I really enjoy the way Ramon “Pescanco” Sfalsin plays bounty builders and other tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you own these book as printed versions or kindle/PDF formats?
Lately most of my books are kindle version but I do actually prefer printed version and still pick some up these days. (I have boxes of poker books from years ago... actually boxes of poker magazines too, ie. bluff mag). I even have the old fulltiltpoker Strategy Guide holding up one of my monitors (still finding some use for it).
Of the books above, I don't have Mental Game '2', but do have printed version of '1' but went looking for it the other day to lend to an MTT player who streams, & was unable to find it :( (it would've tilted me if I hadn't already read it a few times).