Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know what's going on. Seems I could post a gazillion pictures/screenshots earlier, now it's too large? fk it
I'll try to make the pic. as tiny as I can.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lately most of my books are kindle version but I do actually prefer printed version and still pick some up these days. (I have boxes of poker books from years ago... actually boxes of poker magazines too, ie. BLUFF mag). I even have the old FulltiltPoker Strategy Guide holding up one of my monitors (still finding some use for it).
Of the books above, I don't have Mental Game '2', but do have printed version of '1' but went looking for it the other day to lend to an MTT player who streams, & was unable to find it :( (it would've tilted me if I hadn't already read it a few times).
I also prefer printed versions, I love to make notes in the whole book to keep the main ideas fresh. It’s good to know there are book lovers around the
I don't know what's going on. Seems I could post a gazillion pictures/screenshots earlier, now it's too large? fk it
I'll try to make the pic. as tiny as I can.
I don’t think so.
About the joke that Tracid have made, do you have any idea what he was talking about?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
here are some of the newer'ish' ones
View attachment 326160
I feel glad there are book lovers around the world! Nothing can be compared to the weight, the pages, we can risk and make notes, books get old as we get old and they also carry a bunch of good stories and feelings.
You are making me envious of your collection dear mate! :LOL:

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice to read it mate. Maybe this is one of the reasons you got yourself profitable in the game. I really enjoy the way Ramon “Pescanco” Sfalsin plays bounty builders and other tournaments.
He really is very good at explaining, makes learning easier, even though I think his content is a little advanced for someone who is starting practically from scratch, but it is still very good. I have his complete course on my drive, if anyone wants access, just call me in private and I'll send it.

I feel glad there are book lovers around the world! Nothing can be compared to the weight, the pages, we can risk and make notes, books get old as we get old and they also carry a bunch of good stories and feelings.
You are making me envious of your collection dear mate! :LOL:
I am also a lover of physical books, reading from a screen is not as precious as a physical book

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He really is very good at explaining, makes learning easier, even though I think his content is a little advanced for someone who is starting practically from scratch, but it is still very good. I have his complete course on my drive, if anyone wants access, just call me in private and I'll send it.
Lol mate! You are funny indeed: first you said you wouldn’t recommend books but you owe and even like physical editions! It’s very good to read it!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lol mate! You are funny indeed: first you said you wouldn’t recommend books but you owe and even like physical editions! It’s very good to read it!

Understand, I don't recommend books to evolve in poker. I speak of other books like self knowledge books.

bioluchin

bioluchin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Hey!, I ´m really Impress. I m not sure how to say thanks to all of you. I never expect to get so many answers, that´s make me feel really confortable. I m a very sensitive person. And I really precious your time and help! I ll do my best to getting better. I m so grateful of being part of this community!
Cheers , Luciano!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey!, I ´m really Impress. I m not sure how to say thanks to all of you. I never expect to get so many answers, that´s make me feel really confortable. I m a very sensitive person. And I really precious your time and help! I ll do my best to getting better. I m so grateful of being part of this community!
Cheers , Luciano!
The pleasure is all mine. I think that @amonlima was trying to say is that there are very old books talking about poker that won’t help you very much, but as @Poker Orifice declared and posted photos, there are also very new books talking about things that might be useful to form and raise your self consciousness about poker.
Thanks you very much for being here with us, I’m also a very delicate and sensitive person, and I like to be opened to ideas, specially the ideas I tend to disagree.
If you have anything to say or ask, please do not be shy and do not hesitate is a real great pleasure to be part of the greatest poker community world wide and be able to help with my little knowledge.
Cheers and best regards to you, hope to see you around more times!

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Soo many books, soo many knowledge...

For me to evolve in poker i need a psychologist and maybe a psychiatrist. A witch would be good for me too.

Just saying...

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is still a lot of value to poker books. I've seen a few comments here saying they're outdated and that is certainly true of some of them, but there are a number of books out there that are new and very relevant to today's poker world. For someone who is new to poker, my opinion is that the best place to start would be:
  • Purposeful Practice for Poker by Dr Tricia Cardner and Gareth James - This is an introduction on how to STUDY poker, rather than how to PLAY poker and will give you a really great basis to work from using good repeatable study habits.
  • The Myth of Poker Talent by Alex Fitzgerald - This was a massive eye opener to me. It emphasizes the power of effort over talent and gives you more insight into using software to study and exploit opponents
  • Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em by Jonathan Little - This is an fairly theory dense book, but having read the above, there should be lots for you to take away from it.
  • GTO Poker Simplified but Dara O'Kearney and Barry Carter - GTO is the backbone for modern poker. Although the previous two on my list introduce you to GTO, there isn't really much of an explanation as to what GTO actually is. This is a great book for introducing you to the world of GTO, which you really must get to grips with if you want to be able to beat any stakes at any game in the world.
  • PKO Poker Strategy by Dara O'Kearney and Barry Carter - PKO's (Progressive Knock Out Tournaments) have exploded in the last few years and are now the most popular format on most major online sites. This is an absolute must book if you want to be making the most money you can from online poker.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but these are the best books that I have read and would recommend to any player. I have listed them in the order that I would recommend, but it also wouldn't be a bad idea to read GTO Poker Simplified second, either.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This series helped me a lot when I started playing poker:

-Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play
-Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments; Volume II: The Endgame
-Harrington on Hold 'Em: The Workbook: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments

Poker has changed a lot since then, but the basics of tournament poker can be learned very well from this series.

Good luck! :)