Which poker is better for a beginner Holden or omaha?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I prefer Hold'em. I think Hold'em is the best option for beginners. First of all, Hold'em is the best option, because there is a very large number of freerolls, playing in which everyone can gain experience, improve skills and build a bankroll.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Omaha is easier for beginners. In Omaha you're playing for the nuts, you either have the nuts or you don't. In lower limits you can wait for the nuts and bet to get paid off.

Holdem has a lot more subtlety where you have to figure out if your hand is best or not. Omaha you usually know if you have the best hand or not.

I would argue there is still subtlety in Omaha as there are going to be spots where you have second to the nuts and you have to guess if you're dealing with the absolute nuts. For instance, on a 5d6d9dTdAc board an Ace high flush isn't the nuts, but you'd have to be pretty sure you're up against 7d8d before folding it -even in Omaha. Same thing with paired boards -say you had KKXX on a AAKJ5 board, are you going to fold?

Long story short I would 100% say start on NLHE. I would even learn 5 card single draw as a start, before moving to games with community cards.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the start is good to play holdem.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. I have been playing for a long time but not often ... For me Omaha is more difficult ... There are more cards, the rake is higher, the tilt is higher on average, the discipline is higher :)

N

nichitas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem is very good for a start, Omaha later...

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
In my opinion, it is better for a beginner to start with hold'em-it is easier to learn,and then during the dispersion you can play omaha(so that interest does not disappear).But in the more advanced stages ,the hold'em strategy is more complex than in omaha.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha on low buy-ins and freerolls abounds with forcefully inflated and happily won hands and you won’t improve your game there. It’s a better holdem to upgrade your own game.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner I would recommend holdem, as it is easier to understand the basic game and less complicated when developing a game strategy.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For a new player it would be holdem. Omaha can be a wild game depending on the variant your playing is not as easy to learn if your a new player. Holdem you can give them a basic strategy and let them go and learn from there.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here I played all the time in holden.
And it happened that just by accident I fell into Omaha because of fatigue and not attentiveness.

I am not an experienced Omaha player Well, every time I got to the tournament it was played very easily and profitably. And how do you only play omhu or maybe even Chinese poker? :confused: Since I just recently found out that he is :D
there are more chips in omaha than in hold'em, the reason is simple, they think that 4 cards give more combinations of starting hands

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it doesn't make that much difference with what you start although of course hold em because you only have 2 start cards it seems to be easier. But I also know people who started with omha and they find it easier to play with omaha than with hold em. Either way, you have to deal with the theory before you start playing. For the hold em player, however, it is very clear that hold em is easier. When I first started playing omaha I had a hard time getting used to the fact that I played with 4 starting cards instead of only 2 cards, but after I got used to it I was able to enjoy the omaha as well as the hold em. I would say that you continue with what you started with and first try to really learn one thing and then switch to the other. And above all that you play what you enjoy the most, because if you have fun with it then it is easier to learn. The problem with this is that you can usually find more holdem tournaments than you can find omaha tournaments and that is why it may be easier to start with hold em. If it comes down to which of the two games is easier then I would say hold em because I started with it but if you ask someone who started with omaha then I guess they would say omaha