Which poker is better for a beginner Holden or omaha?

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here I played all the time in holden.
And it happened that just by accident I fell into Omaha because of fatigue and not attentiveness.

I am not an experienced Omaha player Well, every time I got to the tournament it was played very easily and profitably. And how do you only play omhu or maybe even Chinese poker? :confused: Since I just recently found out that he is :D

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it happened that just by accident I fell into Omaha because of fatigue and not attentiveness.

I am not an experienced Omaha player Well, every time I got to the tournament it was played very easily and profitably. And how do you only play omhu or maybe even Chinese poker? :confused: Since I just recently found out that he is :D

I would start with Hold ‘Em because it easier to keep track of where you’re at with your hand strength. Two cards is definitely easier than four. Also I find that players misread their cards a lot of with Omaha so it can get frustrating if you’re not used to it.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hold'em is the game for less experienced players.

Not only is the game simpler in Hold'em the play is less aggressive. In recent years Omaha and all its variants have increasingly attracted players who like to gamble - at the lower levels it is hard to find a game without several players playing and raising every hand (which it would appear you might have experienced). Its coin flipping.

Learning Omaha is a valuable tool, but use common sense. Teach yourself the game using play money on a site such as pokerstars. If you can stomach the madcap play and learn to relax, pick your moments/hands, you will find it a beautiful game which will also enhance your Hold'em game.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em is better for a beginner. :dancing2:

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a beginner myself.
There such shots come across :) It can please As for me, in Omaha, there is more chance to play an agressive player, since there constantly come combinations

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played Omaha yesterday and didn’t understand why we divide by sex when my hand is stronger. I have a full house He has a couple.
And I noticed that this is not the first time that way, either I’m stronger, or he has a clean floor, these are all-in cases

F

fortescue1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginner

I think holdem is better for the beginner because its little bit simpler to count all ods :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hold'em is easier to start with, less cards, less to keep track of and more information is available online.

If you can learn hold'em you can learn omaha as many of the concepts are the same. The big thing though is the combinations of cards, in omaha there are so so so many possibilities that it is easier to get confused and thus starting with 'simple' hold'em is best!

:wavey:

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem of course.
In my opinion omaha is a bit harder to understand then holdem.
So i think holdme is better for beginners.

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a couple of days in Omaha and realized that there is nothing difficult if you play at the same table. But if there are a lot of tables, then there is no time to combine the card, I think you understand me :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

For a beginner, Holdem is the better option by far. The game is easier to learn, easier to play and easier to beat.

Omaha is notoriously swingy - look at Phil Galfond's challenge against Veni Vedi. Phil stuck more that $900k before clawing it all back. Not suggesting you're playing $100/$200 PLO, but it is an example of how even one of the best players in the world can go on a 45 buy-in downswing in PLO. In holdem, that is virtually unheard of.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem will be easy for beginners. If a complete beginner learns to play omaha first then they will be completely confused of understanding the game and for example they will forget that they are playing their 2 cards of the 4 cards that they are dealt.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For beginner, only hold'em. Omaha can be confusing, when f.e. you see on table A A A A Q and think that you won with KQJ10, and suddently guy with 2257 takes the pot. I am not beginner, but sometimes I need to see on the replay, why guy had better hand than me. Its not obvious like in Hold'em.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

hi hi kacca!! :ciao:
my opinion - best for us beginners is hold'em
why?
beginners need learn, research, study right?
which poker variety has the best, & most resources for us students of poker?
no limit hold'em by far

blond.jpg

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think texas holdem is still the best, both for newbies and experienced players, in what I see in poker rooms newcomers always prefer holdem because they can handle 2 cards better than 4.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem is definitely simpler to get a grasp of the rules with. In holdem each player only has 2 cards and you only need to keep track of these small amount of Cards. Versus Omaha where each player has 4 cards each.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are starting you should start with holdem, it is better known and there is a lot of material on the web that you can use to improve the game.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think its holdem, because omaha has many more combinations to think about.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold 'em for sure.

There's a reason why it's the poker variety that took off -- it's easy to learn and has big moments.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% hold-em. Omaha is not a very easy game to grasp what starting hands should and should not be played. Too many people tend to play almost anything they get dealt in Omaha.

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holdem is the clear cut choice. the game is far more simply because there are less and combinations there for less to study. the complexity of PLO is vast and deep which is gives a huge advantage to pros and regs. holdem is a great game to establish a base line, then transition. i love PLO and have been playing for years. the time and studying i put into it drastically out ways what i had to put into holdem to get similar results. that being said i find PLO to be more profitable because less people have a deeper understanding of the game. Holdem becomes harder to beat once you start getting into the mid stakes because more people study the game. Mid stakes PLO is still very beatable because not enough people put in the work they do with holdem.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Omaha is easier for beginners. In Omaha you're playing for the nuts, you either have the nuts or you don't. In lower limits you can wait for the nuts and bet to get paid off.

Holdem has a lot more subtlety where you have to figure out if your hand is best or not. Omaha you usually know if you have the best hand or not.

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably play both, although Holdem is easier to play