Pocket QQ

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the specific situation and on many factors, but in most cases I try to get to the showdown for a small fee! QQ is a strong hand and you have to fight for the pot, but it shouldn't be overstated as even pocket AAs are just a pair! Good luck to everyone at the tables and big wins!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on many factors. Did I raise or just call. Who am i against and what they bet out. There is just no simple canned answer for this question.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at a players cbet frequency. If he's a tight cbetter then I figure he's hit the flop. If not I call one bet and look at his aggression factor on the turn.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, usually you defend one street, 2nd street of your choice. But a lot depends on how the preflop was played, usually if the queens were in middle position and this is mainly a 3bet early.And that's a completely different story.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like QQ, probably because I often get caught having KK against another player with QQ, and my opponents always have a third Q ahah

T

tew2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult, but I folds it a lot. It depend the size of the bet and how aggressive the opponent are. If you play tournament, you need read every single person in your table. If I plan against tide player I will fold QQ if A or K on board.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324XWRmZV

Preflop
Standard 3-bet, sizing looks good.

Flop
In my experience a min-lead is a weak hand trying to set its own price way more often than a strong one. I also think, there is a decent chance, UTG+1 would have raised, if he was very strong. So I actually feel pretty good about QQ here, and since the min-bet is mathematically meaningless, I kind of want to raise for value and protection.

The problem however is, the SPR is so low, that we cant raise very large without committing ourselfes, and if we jam, we probably only get action from hands, that beat us, and strong draws. So I can be on board with just calling, which is essentially the same as checking back, if they had checked to you.

Turn
Not a great card since it complete many draws, and now he lead again. Its a bit larger now but still very small and only around 15-20% pot. I think, there is a much higher chance, we are beat now, but even so its to tight to fold to such a small bet. We do still beat some hands like QJ or JT, that might play this way, and we picked up a gutshot draw, which gives us some extra equity against his range. So my play would be to call and then evaluate river. If he jam on any card, thats not an offsuit T, then I probably give him credit and fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324XWRsEX

Preflop
Opening A4o from EP is way to lose, and so is calling a 3-bet out of position. I also dont have much of a calling range OOP against 3-bets, when I am only 20BB deep. If its good enough to call, its also good enough to get it in rather than play a low SPR pot OOP.

Postflop
When you get bailed out by flopping two pair, and the SPR is so low, you cant really go wrong, so this is not even worth analysing. The main point is, that this should never have happened, because you should have folded pre.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each time I play QQ in a different way, depending on the opponent, the stack. Sometimes, despite the big bet, I look at the next street, and then I make a decision. Sometimes I don't believe my opponent and go all the way, and sometimes I fold on the flop.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually it's a fold.
However, this is not always the case depending on the opponent.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324XWRmZV

Preflop
Standard 3-bet, sizing looks good.

Flop
In my experience a min-lead is a weak hand trying to set its own price way more often than a strong one. I also think, there is a decent chance, UTG+1 would have raised, if he was very strong. So I actually feel pretty good about QQ here, and since the min-bet is mathematically meaningless, I kind of want to raise for value and protection.

The problem however is, the SPR is so low, that we cant raise very large without committing ourselfes, and if we jam, we probably only get action from hands, that beat us, and strong draws. So I can be on board with just calling, which is essentially the same as checking back, if they had checked to you.

Turn
Not a great card since it complete many draws, and now he lead again. Its a bit larger now but still very small and only around 15-20% pot. I think, there is a much higher chance, we are beat now, but even so its to tight to fold to such a small bet. We do still beat some hands like QJ or JT, that might play this way, and we picked up a gutshot draw, which gives us some extra equity against his range. So my play would be to call and then evaluate river. If he jam on any card, thats not an offsuit T, then I probably give him credit and fold.
What about this hand:
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124XXuIVV

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
qq

remember there are better hands

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing any pocket pair with overcards on the board is one of the greatest skillsets a poker player can have, it really depends on so many factors, the bet pattern, the player or players you are facing and if there are any notes or history that can help you - its no different than playing the tricky JJ or any under pair - the main considerations i look for are - am i facing a player who plays any ace or paint, do i have their range or a good idea of a range, consider position and their call and raise strategy - i would never necessarily fold as i see so many players bluff when they have not hit an A/K on board but the board offers them a bluff opportunity.

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
99% fold most likely if it’s a continuous bet from villain the 1% is if I wanna get crazy and raise his continuous bet 😂

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I still call till the turn to observe. If the villain showed a weak bet on the turn I will make times 3 of the bet and the river I will go ALL IN without hesitation

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Do you fold QQ if on flop you see A, or K or 3 suited and you QQ not this suit, but villain contbet halfpot or more?

With a healthy stack, I float. But if I face a big bet on the turn and especially on the river, I would definitely fold those QQs.

dsmilez

dsmilez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like QQ, probably because I often get caught having KK against another player with QQ, and my opponents always have a third Q ahah
This has been my experience as of late on ACR. If I have QQ I end up losing to an ace or king somehow. I guess we will just call it variance lol if I have AA or KK and the villain has QQ, they seem to hit that set...but again, we shall call this variance :)Regarding the original question, I will float the flop for sure. If the villain keeps their foot on the gas, then I hit the brakes and fold!