Pocket QQ

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you fold QQ if on flop you see A, or K or 3 suited and you QQ not this suit, but villain contbet halfpot or more?

Last edited:
R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call once on Flop with Ace or King on board in single raised pot. Multiway I fold at times to a larger bet as either of my opponents like have an Ace or King.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you fold QQ if on flop you see A, or K or 3 suited and you QQ not this suit, but villain contbet halfpot or more?

I immediately reduce my aggression and control the pot and give up to my opponent's big raise:jd4::):jd4:

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

It depends, if you had the initiative by betting Pre Flop it is better to continue betting, so you make your Rival believe that you have the best game, if the Rival had the initiative it is better to wait and see what he does, it happens many times that in the River he saves the bet, either by completing a full house or a set to give you more confidence. :)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a difficult situation, but depending on the moment of the tournament and how many chips I have, I'll fold for sure, but if I'm much bigger than the opponent, I believe I'd risk it.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With my luck i mostly would fold.but there are situation when i got a feeling. Generally pocket QQ is not lucky for me.

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually check call one bet depending on my stack to pot ratio. See the turn if I don't improve or if I do improve I either fold or call another bet. That also again depends on the amount. Always going to a better spot.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually cbet and fold if get raised, if called i would usually do the same on the turn.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it depends on the preflop action, but go as you described, yes, I throw them away and I don't think too much :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had to fold big pocket pairs a couple of times.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not necessarily I fold, however, I avoid overbetting in order to control the pot, mainly when I´m in Early positions and I´m not playing Flop as aggressor.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's pretty situational. More often than not, I'm folding. Especially in the games I play, and who is in the pot with me. If I raised and have several callers, I'm probably toast. If I'm in a heads-up pot it becomes more player and feel dependant. There are players in my game and stakes that play EVERY ace to the river. Most of them will also donk bet the Ace on the flop, so that usually saves me chips.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a multi-way post on the flop, I will fold Queens probably the large majority of the time unless you have a real good read on your opponent and what their tendencies are. The one thing I notice when reading these questions, which are good questions, but often goes overlooked is that while you are saying (without actually saying it) that this board is really bad for your hand, "MAYBE" this flop is also bad for your opponent's hand too.

When you start to look at flops in that context, that it affects everyone similarly, you're now looking at situations in more depth than you have before. Then, you can semi-bluff at these pots, sometimes with the best hand, sometimes not. It won't always work of course, but you're giving yourself a chance to win pots you otherwise have no business winning.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you just call 3bet or he donks?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how I perceive the player. Are they a tight reg, or a weak lag? The wider their range, then the more likely QQ is still good. Even against a solid and tighter range, QQ is still a premium hand though.

Just because an Ace hits the community cards, that doesn't mean someone paired an Ace. Same with King and same with Flush for same suit on board. Like every hand, we should be aware of hands which may beat us (and play cautiously appropriate for the situation), but QQ is still ahead of most ranges and there is no reason to fold this early without a fight.

Premium cards like QQ are not 100%, but most of the time we are ahead here, so why fold the best hand? I'd need a reason to believe I'm beat to fold, more than just possible we are beat.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, I will probably fold if there are more than three players in the game.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You realize that more informations are needed.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the cbet does not exceed 10% of the effective stack, then pot control will be the best solution. There is a high probability of bluffing here.
If more then you can fold.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game with QQ is simple: if I manage to expose preflop against a weaker range, I'm glad. If I am 3betted out of position by low 3bet players, I try not to call at all.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In most cases, in this situation, of course, Fold !!! If there are a lot of chips and the player often bluffs, you can make a small reraise and give up if the player continues to play aggressively !!!