Pocket AA.... Can you or should you let them go pre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
This forum exists (mainly) for those whom take this game seriously, and want outside perspectives on their game for the sole purpose of improving.

I understand you got lucky and "saved money" but this is not the same as making the correct decision.

This would be like saying you should have folded Aces preflop everytime you ended up being outflopped by somebody. Or conversely, that when JJ hit a set on the river on my AA, I should have made the "correct decision" and folded the Aces preflop. o_Oo_Oo_O

From a strategy perspective, folding Aces preflop in a cash game is a mistake!

The above bolded statement is for the actual students of the game in this 'Learning Poker' forum. :)
From a mathematical point of view you're absolutely right , but how many times did we made the right decision only to get a bad Beat.
I know you're a skilled player and I certainly won't lecture you on that but let me say this...
Sometimes you need to listen to your guts.
Pros will confirm that.
And it looks like @kon44 had the right feeling multiple times.
I also would never fold AA preflop but there are situations where I wished I did...and so did you :)

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This forum exists (mainly) for those whom take this game seriously, and want outside perspectives on their game for the sole purpose of improving.

I understand you got lucky and "saved money" but this is not the same as making the correct decision.

This would be like saying you should have folded Aces preflop everytime you ended up being outflopped by somebody. Or conversely, that when JJ hit a set on the river on my AA, I should have made the "correct decision" and folded the Aces preflop. o_Oo_Oo_O

From a strategy perspective, folding Aces preflop in a cash game is a mistake!

The above bolded statement is for the actual students of the game in this 'Learning Poker' forum. :)
Seeing this again after a break from the drama I have to point out you contradicts yourself often @jordanbillie, what I represent in this thread is outside perspective as I fully understand the maths and statistics but am always open to the more obscure contrast. Your bolded remark and comment is a representing if just how short sighted you are in your demeanour and incapability to discuss. I’m happy for you and your aided progression on weaker fielded sights answer what not, you definitely have good t offer if you share your strategy and what nots with the community..... your still a air breathing man mind....

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A wise man once said, that in order to win a poker tournament you must

A) Get Dealt AA
B) Not Get Cracked when you have AA
C) Crack your opponents when they hold AA

There may be other ways to win, but these 3 definitely make things a lot easier

And no, for the most part I'm not folding AA in general unless multiway and super deep
Usually in MTTs stacks are shallow enough that i'm ok taking my chances with Pocket Aces
Standard, sounds about right. I didn’t fold all this early AA’s for fun lol, most were very long drawn tank folds and shows at many of those times. Folded them once at a live £10 rebuy on the final table when the other chip leader shipped next to me. He flopped a T in the window to get a set and knocked the other 2 or 3 out, I would have lost Andy been left with something like 3/4BBs. I was sitting on over 50/60BBs. Was in for a solo buy in without n add on, the prize poll was over £2k.... Anyone who knows the game I refer, it was the one in Kennsington round the corner from the Cocktail bar in the function room of the hotel 😉.

Over a decade ago that lol, much closer to 2 maybe 🤷‍♂️ My timelines terrible lol, too much raving haha

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket AA will always be a hand you can't let go of regardless of position.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing this again after a break from the drama I have to point out you contradicts yourself often @jordanbillie, what I represent in this thread is outside perspective as I fully understand the maths and statistics but am always open to the more obscure contrast. Your bolded remark and comment is a representing if just how short sighted you are in your demeanour and incapability to discuss. I’m happy for you and your aided progression on weaker fielded sights answer what not, you definitely have good t offer if you share your strategy and what nots with the community..... your still a air breathing man mind....
Quantum Physics and Zen can offer you an opportunity in understanding (if you are open to it).

These two areas of study can greatly enhance your poker game (and life!). :)

Contradictions are illusions based off our narrow perception and observed keenly one can see the advice and good intentions in my words within this thread (I'm trying to point out what I would do in the situation described and explain WHY it works to our advantage in the LONG RUN (see Quantum Physics point!). Observed combatively, once can see "drama" and conflict/contradiction in my words. ;)

This font I am typing in is black, it is also not black. It is also not not black. I can explain these three statements if needed. ;)

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sure, why not? But, in most cases, I play. The situation where I fold them is on the bubble on a good tournament and if I really need the minimum money. If not, I play to win, not only to reach ITM.

meagain00

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Quantum Physics and Zen can offer you an opportunity in understanding (if you are open to it).

Contradictions are illusions based off our narrow perception and observed keenly one can see the advice and good intentions in my words within this thread (I'm trying to point out what I would do in the situation described and explain WHY it works to our advantage in the LONG RUN (see Quantum Physics point!). Observed combatively, once can see "drama" and conflict/contradiction in my words. ;)

This font I am typing in is black, it is also not black. It is also not not black. I can explain these three statements if needed. ;)
Zen?? Isn't that a state of mind ?

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Dude I’m the most open minded person you could ever come across. You need to look back through this thread of your input and ask yourself who lacks the versatility and lay seeds of the drama creation.... You got a whirlwind of abuse from me because you attempted to ridicule me instead talking the topic. As far as I’m concerned your a troll when it suits, you may have a wealth of poker constructive insight to share but your personality need a massive overhaul as well as your understanding of English/text... you intentionally caused unease on my thread, jog mate.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Dude I’m the most open minded person you could ever come across. You need to look back through this thread of your input and ask yourself who lacks the versatility and lay seeds of the drama creation.... You got a whirlwind of abuse from me because you attempted to ridicule me instead talking the topic. As far as I’m concerned your a troll when it suits, you may have a wealth of poker constructive insight to share but your personality need a massive overhaul as well as your understanding of English/text... you intentionally caused unease on my thread, jog mate.
Just let it go mate...

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
URPs (Unwanted Repetitive Patterns)

Around and around we go "mate."

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude I’m the most open minded person you could ever come across.
This right here man...just hilarious. You continue to crack me up.

I'm getting like $150 worth out of this 50 cent thread. 🤣🤣🤣

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This right here man...just hilarious. You continue to crack me up.

I'm getting like $150 worth out of this 50 cent thread. 🤣🤣🤣
You think? Why you still here I see my question?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His still commenting on my thread 🤷‍♂️
You tagged me in a response.

If you don't want my input anymore, stop talking to me LOL!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tagged you? Where?
When you click 'reply' and quote my message, it sends me an alert like you want to get my attention.

Stop getting my attention if you are too open minded to handle talking with me. 😂😂😂

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm closing this thread because this is ridiculous and I'm tired of my and other's time getting wasted because of unfounded reports of "trolling". @kon44 this is a discussion forum. If you don't want other people's opinions on topics, then maybe... don't make a discussion topic. jordanbillie has every right to reply to any thread, and has always done so in a respectful manner. You are the one creating an issue simply because you didn't like their take, and now you continue to perpetuate and initiate contact. Anyway, it's done now. DO NOT continue on with this behavior elsewhere in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.