Please give advice on how to control my anger.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit on your hands and press the mouse buttons with your nose. After a couple broken noses you'll figure out a solution.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just scream "wtf" after the bad beat.

that will help u

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been pounding my table since the day I started online poker.

Maybe a table made of solid rock would help...:icon_geek.

Seriously if I had that problem (and it is a problem) I'd take a piece of paper and write "suckout" on it.

If the suckout occurs just take the paper and crumble it, tear it, eat it or burn it (in the fireplace) - less expensive and soothing, too.

Funny thing is I'm not tilt-prone much - yet get sucked out in at least one game a day (maybe because I play quite a few).

Getting sucked out happens to all of us - I just take my notes on opp and move on.

C

CardDeath101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am exactly the same RAGE HEAD!!!!! but seriously i smack my desk just do it its cathartic it lets out your aggression so it relieves stress and allows you to continue with your A game :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe a table made of solid rock would help...:icon_geek.

Funny thing is I'm not tilt-prone much - yet get sucked out in at least one game a day (maybe because I play quite a few).

Getting sucked out happens to all of us - I just take my notes on opp and move on.

one a day.. wow.. that would be RUNNING GOOOOT imo.
I've had days where I've gone out to suckouts in 15 straight MTTs (80/20's & better)... and 4 or 5 is common.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
> to relieve stress

punching is better ...

some staff u do to relieve stress makes u tired and u can not play anymore beacuse of temporary brain damage...hahahahahaha

ps: i think u know what i mean. :)

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the pros at times seem to get pretty steamy. Someone like Phil Hellmuth comes to mind... I think it's better to let the anger out by smacking the table rather then holding it in and going on tilt because of it. But, in the end I think you need to realize that suck outs happen.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
one a day.. wow.. that would be RUNNING GOOOOT imo.
I've had days where I've gone out to suckouts in 15 straight MTTs (80/20's & better)... and 4 or 5 is common.

Didn't have 15 yet - but having card-alzheimers I tend to forget the hands I won and lost.

I stressed the "at least one every day" because that one is sure to come, can't remember a single day without a suckout.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oww, my hand hurts. I pounded again from a bad beat. but here's reason why. i put money in after the flop and here's what causes me to pound my desk

Bad beat running flush edit

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well two things spring to mind.

1. You pound the desk after getting a bad beat and this releases stress and you immediately feel calm. Is it a problem that really needs fixing? Buying a stronger desk would seem the simplest solution.

2. You do not bang the table when playing live, why? What is so different? When you play live and do not bang the table, do you relax? If so its learned behaviour, you have started a habit of banging the table when playing online.. so stop it!!

If on the other hand you do not bang the table live but do not realx as well then tilt is something you need to learn more about. Clearly the act of banging something is a part of your anti-tilt mechanism and this needs to be addressed because it is something you cannot do live and therefore not being able to hit something is impacting on your live game.

So its one or the other, hitting something is a stress releaver to you, in which case you need to work on other means of reducing stress to fix your live game, or if you can relax playing live without hitting something then its purely learned behaviour and you could therefore learn not to do it.

Maybe instead of a swear jar you could have a thump jar, or every time you hit the desk transfer $1 to me.. you would soon lear not to do it if its simply learned behaviour.

I didn't pound when i'm playing live bcz I do not want to look foolish in front of everyone. But when I'm behind my screen, I can act however I want behind my screen such as yelling, screaming, pounding, cursing and I don't have to worry about myself looking bad in front of people. But after hearing your advice, behavior I perform inside my apartment can get transferred to live if I do not quit pounding my desk. I'll remember your advice.

K

KevinLush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only problem when I play online poker is pounding the table since it's part of my reflexes. Any advices for fixing this? I am asking for this because I crippled my table and have to buy a new one. I'll find a good table from craigslist to buy for a cheap price that's immune to my fist pounding. I've been pounding my table since the day I started online poker.

Anger is going to play a major role in poker as well as life. There are many ways to look into getting help even outside of the poker community but it is more the willingness than anything else to do so. You cannot help a person that does not want to be helped. If you are looking for a great quality poker table my site will be of some interest to you.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look, it's tough but just get on with it. You're not alone. Get mad when you play marginal hands in bad spots, not when you play the good hands correctly and get sucked out on...it's poker, it's not a leak. It has happened, it will happen and will always happen...

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, I've never hit anything, I almost kicked my dog once,For me I just cuss,lol but with 3 kids and a wife in the house not a good idea,but I don't do it very often,the more you play the more you get use to it, the less you'll do it, but every now and then, yep your gonna hit the table, lol, get a stronger table, lol, I guess you can get a squeeze ball to!!!

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two outer hit on the river today wiping out my stack....Don't get mad, get even!

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buy a stress ball, and frickin chuck that thing when you lose.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have deep-rooted weaknesses, passions, flaws. All this does not end with one sharp movement, but patience and perseverance, care and attention. The road to perfection is long. Pray to God to strengthen you.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
We have deep-rooted weaknesses, passions, flaws. All this does not end with one sharp movement, but patience and perseverance, care and attention. The road to perfection is long. Pray to God to strengthen you.
This is an eleven year old thread, you must have dug very deep to find this one. Lol @ praying. :rofl:

:top:

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a cash game, exit the tables long walk, great sleep. :) It's harder than tourneys. Listen to soothing music and stay positive.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
losing your favorite hand is very bad, worse when you allin with nothing in your hand and see the game.
there's no way not to be angry

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

Just keep hitting and punching.You'll became Bruce Lee within few years.
you need to count to ten and exhale and then go to light a cigarette:):):):):):)

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fits of anger are inevitable alas. I think everyone goes through it. I can't imagine counting up to 10 as if at this moment you swear in the worst words)) BUT !. I found a way out for myself. We all think ONLY ABOUT ourselves. Remember: for example, you play with a weak hand in the big blind and end up beating your opponent with AA. You are glad, you are happy that you moved such a hand. BUT when the same thing happens to you, you lose your temper. So you also piss someone off when you run over the player with the best hand. I remember this and say it out loud and you know - it works.My anger releases me much faster than before. and after an unsuccessful game, you must immediately let go of the situation, realizing that life goes on and nothing terrible has happened. Loved people are alive. And there will be many more games. Don't drag anger and hatred along with you through life. learn to exhale quickly. Good luck to everyone and peace of mind! ...as much as possible));)
:joyman:

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fits of anger are inevitable alas. I think everyone goes through it. I can't imagine counting up to 10 as if at this moment you swear in the worst words)) BUT !. I found a way out for myself. We all think ONLY ABOUT ourselves. Remember: for example, you play with a weak hand in the big blind and end up beating your opponent with AA. You are glad, you are happy that you moved such a hand. BUT when the same thing happens to you, you lose your temper. So you also piss someone off when you run over the player with the best hand. I remember this and say it out loud and you know - it works.My anger releases me much faster than before. and after an unsuccessful game, you must immediately let go of the situation, realizing that life goes on and nothing terrible has happened. Loved people are alive. And there will be many more games. Don't drag anger and hatred along with you through life. learn to exhale quickly. Good luck to everyone and peace of mind! ...as much as possible));)
:joyman:
I wanted to write the same thing)) I completely agree with you and it doesn't take a minute for the anger to evaporate)

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I have a practice bench and a boxing bag in my room. Often, if the next situation is important to me, I prefer to hit the bag a few times than the desk (pity the desk), and then I discharge my nerves in a useful way. I recommend such a solution.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take over the anger is most important thing , angry make bad consequence , when you are angry let take a deep breath and remember this quote " Anger is briefly energizing ,, but ultimately exhausting , anger cloud our judgment , leading us to one dissater after another , anger allow anyone capable of provoking us to manipulate our behaviour , find a fuel that burns cleaner