Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolling never gets better. Only by reading literature, or by studying with a trainer, you experiment better. then you need to start with a certain limit, then you need to look at, if it works out, you can go higher, if not, then you need to study more, a good theory should always be supported by a practical situation, and you can use freerolls to earn starting capital.

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally play alot of freerolls if I've taken a break from poker just to get back into it again with othing at stake, in terms of using them for actual learning I dont believe there too beneficial

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course! The skill level might not be the best but you still can a lot, for example calculating the odds or analysing the mistakes of the other players. It is interesting to think why some hands were played or if you would have played differently. You can always learn.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would caution people that want to learn from playing freerolls that people play much differently than other tournaments BUT it is a great way to get your feet wet.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would caution people that want to learn from playing freerolls that people play much differently than other tournaments BUT it is a great way to get your feet wet.
But from the final stages, you learn many lessons playing free rolls.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I play, and I understand more in RNG, I learn a lot for myself!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You will find once you have made the required number of posts the Freeroll Club on our site has quality tournaments.
Learn as much as you can about poker and enjoy the fun.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing freerolls to get better is good way to learn and you get free 💰. Its really all about keep playing and practicing to get better whether it be real or practice. Good luck.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Free tournaments are a good opportunity to get promoted, that is, to get a bankroll in a poker room without replenishing your account, only with the money won. No deposit bonuses, which are given to new players by large poker rooms, have difficult conditions, promotions end sooner or later. And freerolls have been held daily almost since the advent of online poker. Any free tournament is beneficial for the player. When there is no buy-in and there is a chance to win real money, the mathematical expectation of participation is always positive.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
In last time I play most Freerolls. And I must say that I become much better player. I'm in the money much more often and my game is more patient.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do enjoy playing freerolls to get better. It is a learning experience that helps me to get better. Hopefully, everyone does better playing these freerolls.

Beatlebug

N

Niantic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free tournaments are a good opportunity to get promoted, that is, to get a bankroll in a poker room without replenishing your account, only with the money won. No deposit bonuses, which are given to new players by large poker rooms, have difficult conditions, promotions end sooner or later. And freerolls have been held daily almost since the advent of online poker. Any free tournament is beneficial for the player. When there is no buy-in and there is a chance to win real money, the mathematical expectation of participation is always positive.
I agree, however I haven't seen that proven by math yet. Have you seen the equation somewhere?

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls are amazing, but people plays different when they are on a freeroll with no self-money on the line and when they play with buy-ins, that's something to keep in mind, you don't see 5 people on a all in first hand in a buy in tournament for example.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes of course ! Helps you improve your game

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
To get better, you have to play and study the game at the same time

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We also have to play freeroll tournaments. the cardschat ones are very beautiful and unbeeffected due to the time between the blinds. I think 10 minutes is a good time to play tournaments not so flippy

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is it possible to play freerolls to get better at MTTs, i noticed on freerolls at begging everyone plays any hand they have, but on low or ever micro people tend to play tighty
If possible, try to look at the big picture and where you're situated within it regarding your typical buy-in, the game you play (Hold'em MTT), table size, blind levels...etc. Then ask yourself questions regarding that niche you're playing in..recognizing the best players to start and your "win" rate relative to them. Once you have an idea of this, then start learning from the best players you've recognized..where they play, if they've been tracked, alternative alias's on other sites..things like that.
Another thing where you might have a small windfall relative to your bankroll is to look for value-added things on a site. For example, I play pokerstars "The Deal" once in a while, then consistently when the prize is large. This is what I received just playing one hand a night..better than nothing!:D

Attachments

• ll.jpg
    ll.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can become a better player by playing freerolls, as long as you take them seriously. There are always many who take freerolls like they don't care and play crazy and that makes other more serious players get upset and stop playing them. But the truth is they serve to further develop your game.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Having played mainly CC sponsored free rolls for the past couple years, I know that I've learned a lot about my own play. The chance to play and then analyze later without risking my bankroll is a real plus. Sure, this probably isn't ideal for those who have a goal of playing high stakes someday, but it's good for a recreational player like me.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are so different from cash games or tourneys that you can't learn much of anything..

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Is it possible to play freerolls to get better at MTTs, i noticed on freerolls at begging everyone plays any hand they have, but on low or ever micro people tend to play tighty

Starting to play freerolls to understand the game and gain experience is Ok, but it is better to have a decent bankroll and start playing for real money with low entries, so that your psychology adapts to a game style and you can learn to manage your bankroll.:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Y
And it has to be more sophisticated then play every hand, bet the flop, put pressure on everyone by playing bingo aggressive donk poker. That nonsense might work in the short term with calling stations and clueless weak players.

I've found aggressively barreling into Calling Stations doesn't work too well ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
IF you want to improve... so that you can become a 'better' poker player, then you are absolutely wasting your time playing in freerolls.

Freeroll Passwords