akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think freerolls and some micro stakes tournaments are not suitable for learning.
Players have nothing to lose so the will insist in chasing their draws and flatting against 3bets way more frequent(those are -EV spots for them) / although they are -EV spots for them they can't see it in their rolls in the long term because they don't risk something.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so, if you play the freerolls seriously, there is a good chance to win. In poker, you rely on opponents' mistakes to make money. In freerolls, players often make big mistakes, this is a great opportunity for you to gain chips. If you can't even win freerolls, I think it is even more difficult to win in high buy-in games.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in the freerolls there are a lot of all or nothing players, the famous bingo players, I wait for them to come out for a good poker, I learn a lot in the freerolls, so I avoid mistakes in other tournaments

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good start to learn poker ...you can't go wrong with freerolls because you don't invest any money ...the first 2-3 years i only played freerolls to get better

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think playing free rolls is a great learning tool as well as away to build your bankroll which i do myself ;) because i like to play some KO games and need to rebuild sometimes.
Good luck and just try to have fun your game will come with practice and patience.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls help you to get bankroll to play with real money in tournaments but you will not improve your game, in freerolls players are not competitive because they do not play with their money, but when you start playing in tournaments with tickets you will improve a lot because you will find players who are also very good at playing with real money.

A

andreyfrost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very cool. Freerolls help to raise the level of the game and not spend money on it. Thank you for that.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it is definitely a good place to start playing freerolls! Just try not to get too frustrated with some of the folks that play anything junk hands.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it possible to play freerolls to get better at MTTs, i noticed on freerolls at begging everyone plays any hand they have, but on low or ever micro people tend to play tighty

Play freerolls until you win one and you will be ready to play low buy in tourneys! Win one of them and move up! Good luck!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you enter a freeroll tournament, be aware that you will encounter a very weak field. At the beginning of the tournament they will limp into the hand a lot, go all-in with any pair, and they will call a lot, I advise at the beginning to play well thigt, and play only your hands strong, to try to double your chips. From the middle to the end of the tournament the situation changes a little, because it starts to get close to the money, players tend to hold a little more, this is the time to be aggressive in the game, if you of course have a lot of chips. So I would say free-rolls are a good and cheap way to start a bankroll. I've already achieved some results in freerolls, nothing significant has helped anymore. I wish you luck at the tables.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say freerolls are best just to supplement your bankroll. Half the time I will just shove with top ten hand preflop early in the game. If I stack up I will then play serious. If not, no long wasted time to only miss out on the money by 50 players left.

A

andreyfrost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls so as not to risk my money. This is an opportunity to raise your level of play for free.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On freerolls, you can try different strategies...

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do think freerolls do help you to get better when you are a beginner . but you have to be aware that freeroll tournaments are a little different and the dynamics are a little different . and you should try to play the way you would if it was a buy in entry tournament and play serious . it wont have much benefit if you are not playing serious and just push in all in randomly for example only because it is a freeroll

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is difficult to practice in freerolls because some players bet all their chips with any hand but this is the only way to do it without risking our money

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me freeroll and tournaments where you need to pay with own money is different because on freeroll many of the are going all in very often and on buy im tournaments people are playing more careful so it is much different.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are really a specific type of poker game, the main thing is to survive the initial stage, and microlimits are better for training

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if playing freerolls is good to evolve because you study to play well out of nowhere bingo players come there you with better hands than his and who takes the good bingo players and play Mtt and Sit Go or I got a ticket and put yours game in pratice with responsible players because the freerolls people don't care if they're going to loose or win.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing freerolls can be a great way to improve your tournament game, and start generating a bankroll, all risk free.

Certainly the early levels of most freerolls tend to be crazy, with the bigger fishes playing bingo with any two cards. If you can play a solid game and make it through that phase, the games tend to tighten up and basically become a nitfest, with everyone trying to fold their way to a min cash.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no matter what type of tourney just play your game

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You won't earn money. Treat it like a free practice of your poker skills and psychological stability.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been playing online poker for about 10 years and while freerolls and micro-tournaments are good for practice, I can't say I got that much better. Just now I started taking the Cardschat 30-day poker course AND playing freerolls and MTTs during each lesson. That's the steepest learning curve I've ever reached. I'm only 1/3rd of the way through the course and I'm already winning a lot more than ever.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All you need to do it`s keep in memory all spots where you lose, and check in solvers how to play in that situation, and then just make money from freerolls.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When I first started playing poker, I only played with play money for a few years and then I switched to freerols. There used to be nice weekly freerols on ps where you could win tickets for the next round and that's where I had the most success. you could also give these tickets away to other players, but now that doesn't exist anymore and you can't give away tickets any more. But i really enjoyed playing it because there were also other variations and i learned most of the ones i know now there. Of course people play differently in a freerol, but one thing stays the same in every tournament and that is you get cards and there are other games at the table that you have to be aware of. Luck and bad luck is also present in every tournament.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just like to play poker

I do admit that sometimes my mind is too preoccupied with something else and I have a hard time concentrating

But most of the time the really good players that are really at it; sort of wake me from my preoccupation and force me back to concentrate on the game

Real money (micro for me) or play money I try and play my best

Freeroll Passwords