Playing with AA (preflop)

Troy pastor

Troy pastor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from the last: I have AA, the opponent is A9s. went all in before the flop. the opponent closed the flush (

shikah

shikah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like probably most people I have mistakenly had high hopes when they both turn up in my hand and until more recently have wanted to try and get my worth out of them by playing them reasonably quietly and i say mistakenly because all though the strongest hand to be dealt it is easily beatable with more than 1 opponent, slow playing this i have had a lot of beats and have been unusually unlucky also playing slow and commenting out loud in frustration "how dare you all fold to my AA" so now to save on time I'm all in, more often than not theres just the one bite giving me a good chance of taking the pot and more often than that I am nowdays happy to just take the blinds uncontested.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like to go all in preflop no matter what hand i have, i like to know that im unbeaten before i go all in, but, ofcourse i do sometimes. it depends on multiple factors, my stack, table position etc.. honestly, i have lost more often with AA than i have won, all in, 3 bet it doesnt matter..

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I depend on the tournament, and the actions my opponents did before me, because if I get into the pot I want it to be with the minimum of participants, to avoid some unforeseen events, and sometimes all in falls very well.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA, we should always raise from any position. If we raise to call a raise if we know that the opponent is a tight player and we have thus not beating hands worse than ours.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The size of the bet depends upon your position, any raises, the type of competition and the stage it is at. I tend to get as nuch cash in the pot pre flop and 4 bet after the flop.

fred_antunes

fred_antunes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the best starting hand in poker. You should always play pre-flop. You don't know what the other person has and statistically you beat all other hands pre-flop. I've never and would never fold AA whether it's a tourney or cash game. This is statistically the best starting hand pre-flop. It doesn't matter whether you're on the bubble or not. Play your hand. You asked about pre-flop.

Now, after the flop is a different story.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise is good start with AA. Much depend how opponents play. Against some must go all-in but against some its possible play slower.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends upon your position and how mang blinds your chips have.

More than 20 big blinds,you can 3 bet most of time

Less than 10 big blinds,you should all in with AA

E

Eldar M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and 22 preflop

I've recently being experimenting with playing AA and 22 preflop, of the flop and on the turn in exactly the same way and so far it works well. Do you think it's a temporary thing or is it something worth considering to add to your game?

N

Netalwins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing AA

aloha Everyone

I use to 3 or 4 bet with AA .... especially if in position. These days though I am winning bigger pots more often by slow playing. There is a risk it is true that someone will hit. However more often I am winning more by slow playing them

Aloha Al :)

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for sure and a pre flop raise. I think an all in would amaze losers hands that you want to get paid, so I think 3 x would be ideal. But there is always the possibility of flat with AA just paying a raise

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on so many things (stage, position, your chips etc.). Raise it but always wisely.