Playing with AA (preflop)

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is “all win” or 3-betting on preflop? Other? What is your decision?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just because AA is the best hand preflop doesn't mean you'll win 100% of the time with it. Ideally you would open raise 3BB and isolate one other player because AA, like most pairs, doesn't play as well in a multiway pot. If someone already made an opening raise then 3bet there, especially if they're a TAG player because most likely their playing top pair which you have beat. Ideally anytime you have pocket Aces you want to get the flop with one other player where you made the largest bet and they called you.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage and type of the tournament. If it's a freeroll, then it's always all-in. If this is a serious tournament at an early stage, it is also all-in for me. If the stage is later or before the buble, then 3-4-5 bet, depending on the size of my stack and the amount of blinds and my position at the table. But this is my personal opinion.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many options,but I'm 90% go Allin...

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With pocket pair AA - raise to 3-5 BB from any position. If the opponent made a raise then 3-bet, 4-bet and so on up to all-in. The fewer opponents remain in the game, the greater the probability of winning.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice would be to get as much as possible from the situation. if you go all in preflop, you might get everyone to fold. so, the idea is to bet the hand very strong so that you can make most players fold, but not all.

you should continue with the aggression on the flop;on turn and river, mixing it after the boards texture and his reaction is best.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play AA very aggressively because sometimes they do not play, I make big raises and reraises and go all-in so that other players do not play on small cards and do not interrupt AA!

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play AA aggressively but that doesn't mean going all in all the time, a raise 3x to 6x +1 per limper, if you have 5+ limpers definitively go all in.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I gotta say that in most of the cases I slow played the pocket rockets, I got punished. So I suggest playing very aggressively in any situation. All-in is never a bad option with AA preflop in my opinion.

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i dont go all in before the flop, i wait , ans make players think i have nothing, it always work for me, when i go all in they fold, its hard to get folded with 2 aces :D

L

lastpostal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course depends on the opponent and the game, but it's almost always all-in

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite right, it all depends on the stage of the game. Definitely AA is contraindicated to play passively, as more often you will drive yourself into a trap.

G

Galka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always with a pair of AA go all in preflop. Lucky so lucky, not lucky... it's a game.

S

sbarnhouse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many variables that it depends on, please don't just jam every time you have AA, you'll lose money in the longrun (by not profitting as much as you would playing it otherwise). Can't be afraid of playing postflop, that's for sure.

G

Galka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each has its own game and I don't understand the correct advice about the rates. Let's play themselves and not to look at anyone.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least 60% of the time I use tri bet, a 25% Four Bet and 15% of the time I go all in. Often if you give all in the opponents will fold in the hand which will cause you to pull a few chips. Not to mention that there are those players who love to see the flop and usually "break" a pair of Ace.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two random opponents and your aces go down to 68% from 82%. If I think my opponents will call I just shove it on them. I like to Jam pre-flop rather than slow play unless I am HU.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AA - it's all-in for me, always. And after I send all my chips to the bank, I hope that all players will fold. Fold this hand is hard. Playing is very hard. Therefore, I take the blinds and continue play with a calm heart.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I play AA pre flop 4BB + Limpers to open; If some other player rise I go All in.

If they only pay then I will go to the standard play mode.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game with AA in the preflop depends on the level of the tournament. My options are 3bet or all in.

joesta

joesta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I usually aim to get action with AA usually 3-5 times the big blind. Then on the flop I like get my money in especially if there are low cards on the board and maybe get some chasing 💰

I get punished sometimes because I am trying to maximize my profit but I like it most times!

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything else, it depends on how many big blinds effective we are and how our opponents are playing. Definitely not afraid to slow-play if I can make more chips that way - use your opponents' tendencies against them.

I agree it is correct to play the best hand in poker to maximize your winnings and not to worry about losing. You will and should lose with aces a decent amount if you are playing them to win the most you can.

Being predictable only helps your opponents so try to mix it up some percentage of the time. If you want to raise and re-raise every time you get a high pair you should be doing this with other hands too - preferably against opponents who are raising too loosely.

Good luck to you! :D

Troy pastor

Troy pastor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA as long as possible pre-flop!

Troy pastor

Troy pastor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very deceptive though strong hand. repeatedly lost.