Playing AA preflop

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play aa hand always in different ways. It all depends on the situation at the time of games- the position, the game rivals, stack size, and so on. I prefer a variety of the game. Even in cases of identical I play differently.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you shouldnt slowplay aces preflop because even though its the best preflop hand it does not play very well on a multiway pot. however if the table is loose you may try to slowplay making a limp- re raise or limp call the raise if there arent more than 2 players involved in the pot.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in preflop is the only way to go on micro..lol

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow playing AA can be very dangerous especially in micro games too many bingo players

I

iFishForFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I suggest playing AA aggressively.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all starting hands must be played differently according to the people at your table but aces should more often than not be played aggresively

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplaying AA it is a bad idea. In 1st: you waste Value if opponent have a good hand. In 2nd: you can lose vs very bad hands cause you dont know nothing about hand of opponent.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol not. Much of a discussion it's simply all in, anything where ur losing is just unlucky

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mira que yo he perdido pre flop con AA lo mejor y es lo que me ha funcionado a mi es que vayas al flop y ligues un moustro

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u have AA preflop try to rise like 2-3bb maybe someone will think u are bleffing and they will check. The strategy is that u have to take as much as u can from ur opponents preflop. Dont go all in because almost in every situation they will fold just try to take chips from them slowly

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is simple, Online == All in from the start Live ==== Get as much value as possible.

V

vinmanslim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's been plenty of lessons where the worst move was slow playing AA. And if you play in micro stakes, there's plenty of lessons where playing them aggressively results in villain raising a 6bb bet with an all in and K7o, and then flops 2, 7, 10 rainbow, and the third 7 on the river!

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
limping with AA

I like limping from early min raising from mid and depending on action button shove Sb shove bb shove.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early game raises 3, when entering the money usually goes pot.

G

gordonb88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how many people have called before you as well as the general way they have been playing, you dont want to scare them away from calling

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see a lot of posts about slow playing big hands, asking about AA or KK. I don't think these are big hands, still just 1 pair.

Commonly the best hand is 2 pair or better. Flop 2 pair, a set, flush, straight, ect... are a big hand that at your option could be slow played. I'm not sure how you slow play 1 pair.

Yes AA and KK are the best starting hands, but often its very hard to get them to improve. The best strategy is to always play them aggressively or you are going to see them "cracked" at a higher percentage than normal.

I'm with roddypra and go with the above... People place TOO much value on AA, KK, etc... and end up defeating themselves with them by playing around... You should be able fold these cards at ANYTIME if your tournament life is at stake due to table "dynamics"... otherwise, get the MOST value out of 'em as quick as possible...

side joke: "Hell, play 'em the EXACT OPPOSITE way you'd play 83o... THAT should answer the question... lol... :rolleyes: jk...

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA in tournament play, All in if you are in postion. Pre-flop I try to not scare everyone off if I'm first to bet bc you want to get paid for your cards

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never limp your asking for trouble, if you raise and get called pray for a set :) or its roll the dice time !

Edubb78

Edubb78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today on ACR I decided to have Internet issues and get timed out the very 1st hand of the tourney and watched my pocket aces turn into 92 diamonds about 3 minutes later.... hopefully thinking it was gonna connect soon while watching the disco clock count down and down....

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do slow play it hoping some one raises, so you wait and come over top and re raise to take a big pot. Playing all in for a call or take pot.

I would re raise if i was on the btn and a bunch of limpers probably 3 to 8x the blind depend how high the blinds were. in front of the bb id give a 2 to 5x th blind raise to weed out the crap hopefully. in the middle Id probably ccall someones raise and slow play

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course there are always peculiar situations in which you know your opponent well, and sometimes it is feasible, for example, to just call in position with AA, but you must know what you are doing and why. However, in general, I always raise, either with AA or KK. Thus, your opponents will not know for sure what you have when you enter the hand, disguising it very well.

V

VictorKerr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA KK

So, is better always make a first attack, for then think in what to do pos flop with the positions in your mind and your opponents tells

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play pocket aces one of two ways, I either go all-in or fold.
I hate AA. If anyone calls they usually win even if they call with 2 9 off. I usually slow play them and fold to any bet unless the board helps my hand.:D:D

S

Sosa VII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally, despise getting dealt AA.
I just push with them pre, or play them like any other big hand.. Or just play it slow.. if I don't get there I just fold them. More of a jinx hand IMO.

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally you wouldn't want to slowplay AA preflop, but sometimes when the players very often raise preflop I have slowplayed it with good results. But it's not something I recommend because in the long run it's a bad move I would say