Playing AA

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA WILL WIN 85% OF THE TIMES AGAINST A VILLAGE

Obtaining the odds of going all-in before the flop against a single opponent are:

AA will earn 85% of the time
KK will win 82%
QQ will earn 80%
JJ will win 77%
AKs will win 64%
KQo will earn 60%
JTs will earn 56%
K4o will earn 50%
27th will win 34%
23rd will only earn 29% of the time

So we can see that 15% of the time you can lose, but considering the long term, we can win with AA 85% of the time against a villain.

However, with parents of an adventurer, these odds are very difficult to calculate for sure, there are many variances, at most, AA is very difficult to want to fold...

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it sucks when you have AA and loss. From now on I am going to go all in with AA at the beginning so, other players cant get lucky and win the hand.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it sucks when you have AA and loss. From now on I am going to go all in with AA at the beginning so, other players cant get lucky and win the hand.

Then everyone will usually fold, and you've wasted your aces. Just play it like any other good hand. You aren't guaranteed to win, but most of the time you will.

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA will win a 9 man pot half of the time if everyone stays in until the river, the trick to playing AA is simply knowing where you are post flop. You need to know when you can be aggressive and when you should just call down/fold. Raising all-in pre is just leaving money on the table unless you are playing against really fishy/really tilted players.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im not slow playing, which im usually not, i try to make certain preflop that i isolate the pot to one opponent...2 at the absolute worst...and if there are multiple ppl in the hand you need to realize there is a time where youll need to fold AA....gl

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will still be a favorite multi way to win the pot but yout equity goes down with each other hand in the pot as the other hand will have equity to win as'well.But even vs 5 random hands AA is still like 50% to win the pot.

C

cardchamp22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest,

I found myself losing with AA against multiple opponents too many times.
It's so frustrating and titlting and actually hurt my game.
Eventually I started raising very big pre-flop and post flop and found it much more profitable than slow-playing.

I try playing the same with other hands to try and balance my ranges..

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do to survive in an MTT?

We have that is willing to die to try to survive in a tournament out, what do you do to get at least ITM?

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up

I prefer to get hands up with my premium hands.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually aces are killed by some kind of shit. on this with aces I prefer all-in. and there is no difference how many people in the bank. you do not throw aces on the preflop. that the chances for aces are greater with the minimum number of people in the bank, this is understandable as a white day.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
% of you winning is lower with more players, but when you do win you win more chips.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course agree,why and make big raises or all in to remain one on one...

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Strongest Hand

AA is the strongest hand in poker but not always is the hand winner.

Last edited:
S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personal I realized that when I play AA with more than 2 opponents I always lose the hand, so I realize that playing at a table where many players go to all-in the probability of winning is lower because there are many hands in play. Do you agree?

Yeah, I hate playing in games when you get loads of people going all in on hands. So when you get AA you have to be careful. If you are in an early position then I would probably go all in to hopefully put players off from calling. In late position you have the advantage of seeing how the players in front have played. Use this information to determine your move. If there are a lot of players in the pot and you would have to go all in then I would fold and wait for a more favourable situation. Remember any cards can win. If calling doesn’t put you in risk of loosing it all then I might call or raise to hopefully thin the field and increase my chance of winning.

S

Samsamsonite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tricky playing AA. Best scenario is to isolate another PP with preflop reraise. In my experience, suited conn are AA killers. Also, great players will fold when check raised on flop(instead of shoving).

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way not to lose with AA is to not play them. No ones doing that.

The correct play is always situational. Shoving always, trapping always or anything else always is just wrong.

1) First in early position most of the time normal raise to limit the field. If everyone calls or folds to raises you may be forced to min raise or all in. The problem with all in is if you are 85% against one opponent how many callers does it take to make you the underdog? With three opponents your still 55/45 "coinflip" and with four your the 40/60 underdog.

2) If it folds around to you in late position you may be forced to call just to see some action and try to earn more than the blinds.

3) Post flop play it like any other pair, unless it improves, if the board says a likely caller hand has you beat slow down, if someone shows strength play them smart. Give them credit for reading you as a large pair or TP GK.

R

reppair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet big pre-flop make sure if the hand is played and I win, it pays big as well. But mostly I lose playing pocket of aces.

4y4ynDra6300

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is crucial how you play pre-flop with AA
You should raise and 3-bet and 4-bet (If it is necessary) to avoid multipot
And the best way for AA is to play against only 1 player cause even mathematically you have fewer chance to win with 2 or more opponents.

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more opponents there are of course the worse your chances with aa. Raise preflop enough so only 1 or 2 will call, then raise postflop to try to take it down. If someone flops a set or flush or straight or 2 pair, it happens. But you will win more with it.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket Aces are by no means invincible, and if you approach the robe of this starting hand, you can lose a lot of money.

Do not slowplay.
Try not to get too attached to your hand.
The fewer opponents remain in the post-flop distribution, the better.
Remember that pocket aces are not "immortal".

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds simple but this phrase has always helped me:

"AA is only the best hand before the flop."

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play pocket rockets aggressively preflop, 3 bet or 4 bet, 5 bet or all in. However postflop , analyze the situation. The more players in the pot, the likely your rockets are cracked