Playing AA

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really is very hard to fold such of hand , and since i never folded this hand on the pre flop , because AA is considered the best hand on this game , but anyway i lost a lot of times with this hand , and that is calling bad beats , and Since i am trying to think that is a part a game

V

Vesloval

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont scare everyone off before any bets are on board. Stealing the blinds is cool but with the best start hand in game you want someone to call you. So it rly depends on position and what everyone else has done. Yes you can lose with AA and be prepared to fold them if you think you need to just like with any other cards/.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree you want to see a flop-aces play very well most times against one villian- i try to raise enough to push weaker hands off hoping to get one caller-i guess for me how i play it depends on table dyamics-i try to get the most bang for my chips -and its great when you see a flop with a few players in hand and that third ace flops-theres a thousand ways to play aces -but there going to lose once in awhile not much anyone can do about that-some ppl are calling your aces with total garbage with or without a raises and crushing you -now if im a a table with ppl i played against ide have to play them differently then they would expect me to to get some chips off them-as they would have some history on me and how i play aces-sometimes i do just go all-in with them -everyone plays them differently-its ever evolving this game of poker-especialy when you add in vairience

D

DemosN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
slow play AA?

do you think guys slow play AA or go all in? :confused:

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The way is to leave your pair (in case, the American Airlines plane - AA) take off. If there some turbulence during this period, keep calm and try waiting for a peaceful landing. ;)

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is kind of a poor way to play aces. I get the idea of trying to avoid from having them busted, but it depends on who you're playing. Also investing that much into them pre-flop makes them hard to get away from them on boards where they miss. I can't count how many times I've seen someone holding aces bet big all the way to the river just to have someone crack em. I get what you're trying, but remember the more you bet em up the harder they are to get away from even when you feel you are beat

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would always raise pre-flop with aces around 3-5 big blinds to make people with some 6 7 or Q 4 cards to drop their cards away so that they don't get the advantage over me on the flop. It is too risky to slow play the aces I have seen too many times, especially on online poker sites like pokerstars that players with aces that slow play the hand usually get busted with some sick two pairs on flop or straights with four cards on the river.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA should isolate one player. Simply going all in from any position will guarantee you the blinds and antes and not gaining as many chips as possible from the strongest of preflop holdings. On a tight table I bet around 10 percent of my stack and on a loose table up to 25 percent of my stack. If my bet is raised I will automatically put in the entire stack. After the flop, the board will guide you since your top pair weakens with every succeeding street. High three connected cards or three suited cards on board with a large bet is an autofold for me. If I did not hit a set on the flop I will bet about half of the pot if I am first to act. If I am raised, I will fold. Most of the time, a one pair hand will not survive four rounds of betting. If there is no betting action you can stay to the river and win a small hand, but don't lose a big hand with AA post flop

Aleksandr Slepkin

Aleksandr Slepkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With ACEs is not worth playing too aggressively. Better to impersonate, you have a weak hand

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time, you should be raising pre-flop with your pocket aces from any position. Raising allows you to narrow the field down to only one or two opponents when you hit the flop and at the same time put more money into the pot. You call a pre-flop raise with this hand only on the rare occasions when it is a good time to slow-play those aces.

I

Ilshat Galimov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never understand why I should raise AA on pre-flop. All scare and fold, what's the profit?

S

spitzy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely depends on the players on the table, however you should not raise too high early on, you want people to hit pairs below you and believe they have a strong hand, sometimes i check flop depending on the cards and try to bait people into raising into me, but this is definitely different from table to table, you need to analyze the situation and make a decision from there.

N

nafanyalg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing with the monster on his hands , usually all at once begin to throw all the chips on the table . But it often turns out that the fall is not the same card on the flop , which you expect . A player who is in Olin with a pair of sevens (example) can benefit by gathering network ... So my opinion is that it is not necessary with a pair of AA immediately throw all the chips on the table .

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
isolate as much as you can, but if you've got 3-4 aliiners(or potential alliners,from how they played before) -fold. you will double up on somethign else, but if you call you WILL lose to some T3o and WILL be screaming at the screen

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tired of losing with the top pair? I'm trying out a new strategy and wondered what others thought about it. Rather than a simple raise pre flop, I calculate the amount in the pot and raise it, by an amount that any player thinking of coming in with a drawing hand finds the pot odds too much to give them a value bet. With the connectors and suited hands out, it only leaves the pairs, and since you are the top dog you have nothing to fear. Somebody might flop a set you may say. True but the odds of making a set are 15/2, and you have the same odds anyway.

If at me pocket couple of aces I go to all in depending on a stage to game. Naturally if it is a bubble, then it is better to let off steam and to wait so far you will be confident in a victory

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends just today I made an unforgivable mistake in the freeroll Chadschat.
I like pair of :ah4:-:ac4: and have the bad idea of playing slow, where the blinds at 75/150. UTG1 / UTG2, Fold, and I in MP1 climb for 2 big blinds 300, lol :D . Everyone folds and action gets to the big blind and equals super cheap to put 150 chips. And the flop comes :5d4:-:8c4:-:ad4:, which gives me a "Set" and him a straight draw again make the same mistake and raise 300 chips and pay without thinking and falls :4s4: that gives your staircase gets all-in and I unhesitatingly payment, and seeing his cards I realize my big mistake by playing slow.:pcguru:

Here is the image to be fun and not do the same. :mad:

Attachments

• Error con A-A.JPG
    Error con A-A.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is a good or bad hand according as you play and where you play.
In cash game, I recommend you raise and re-raise if the villains 3bet or allin if you are short in your stack.
In tournaments, you can play different, make a rise, and if you go allin reraised, or just pay the streets like float or slow play, but is dangerous, recommended strong play them, and not wait to make the play in the streets to other villains.
That depends to the kind of table and game, and know the other players.

S

sellless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely have to raise but I'm not on board with sticking to a single strategy. True with, AA you're trying to push out some weaker hands but build value. If you're playing micro-stakes then your strategy wouldn't mean much to bingo players and will probably lose you cash in the long run.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest to raise big. If You get 1 opponent to go all in then OK.
Playing it slowly gives too big chance to others.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Pre flop I raise 1/4 or 1/3 of my chips and then post flop I make a cbet and allin or I shove at once . Other times I shove pre flop and if I get lucky to get a caller , that's ok. 2 or more I get a little worried . I'm very carefull with osition and blind levels if it's tournament.
I guess there is no other way to play the highest pocket pair and I learned this lesson the hard way , through a lot of losses and mistakes that got my AA cracked all the time.