Playing AA

HUmanMustard

HUmanMustard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive lost the last 3 all ins with AA. Ive tried slow playing but get sucked out on even easier. AA is the hardest hand to play online :p

S

slow rider

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds fairly reasonable but won't necessarily work all the time.

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most effective ways to play aces is limping in utg. This is determined by the table type. Nothing worse then getting aces and making a simple 3x raises utg and getting no callers or one and a quick fold to your c bet! Limping works well within it's own severe risk. Your taking the risk of your superior hand getting beat but it will be beat in a huge pot! If you limp and the flop comes 5-9-k check it and then just call the turn to seem like your on a draw. If a blank comes say 4 then over bet the bet and confuse the hell out of someone with qk who may very well reraise it. Middle position first one in should be a 4 x raise make everyone fold but maybe the blinds hope to flop a set and trap him for all if his chips. On the button raise it 95% of the time if the the table decides to make it a family pot then 8x raise it and narrow the field,but if 3-or 4 people limp just 2 x raise and play to the mathematical edge of aces.

Last edited:
M

MikeTheEngr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always shove AA, if I slow play it, 9/10 I lose.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I do not know. it all depends on who you're going to play . If a loose player and he calls you with anything you need to make a big raise if the opposite is smaller .

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Never slow roll with AA is one of the things ive learned while i play poker, it seems every single pokersite has a rule that if they notice someone is slow rolling AA they will lose againts straight or two pair.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YOu cannot somehow get "out" suited cards and connectors, as people play with those often. These can appear even more often than pocket pair, so the whole premise of your calculations seems to be unjust. But, ofcourse, with these hands out - it only leaves pairs.

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise 3BB or just pay the blind and hope not to come triple <Ks ;) OBS:depends of the game and the opponents!

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow playing aces is useless.It s a hand that will make it or brake it.I would shove all in with it.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise pre to isolate speculative marginal hands.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should try to maximize how much you win, not just scare everyone off

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have AA,i try to isolate 1 or 2 players....

chikistq

chikistq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost 4 all-in for AA. So now I play check/fold or check/raise

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is the top pair, But it is only a pair, so watch the risings

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first read Brunson's poker book, I found his strategy for playing AA interesting. I see a lot of different advice here, but the best piece I read was that with pocket AA against 1 opponents, your odds are 4 to 1. Against 3 opponents, they drop to 50/50. They get progressively worse as number of opponents increase. So generally, my strategy with AA or KK or even AK is to isolate so I am heads up. The only time I go multi-way is if I decide to try and trap, and accept that I worsen my odds of winning, or if you are facing more than 1 opponent because of multi all-ins prior to playing my hand. Your strategy sounds like a way to try and isolate.

Jean le Grand

Jean le Grand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to raise to get out the marginal hands. How much the raise should be, depends on your position and the action before you.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the biggets reason losing so much with AA or KK id that u have overs and people tend not to fold or look at other possibilites that can beat them.

a lot of times ill call a huge raise with a marginal hand for that reason if ive picked up they wont fold those big pairs ill htry and out flop them and get paid.

thats where i make most of my money in live games use those big premium hands against weaker players that just wont let go

nelo80

nelo80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play taht pre-flop ever raise , a lt guys play marginal hands or bingo , only want crack aces and next smile like a big player poker , wathever carful with that.

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm learning to fold them because that's the hand that knocks me out of tourney's 90% of the time. Tell me how many times you been knocked out because of AA

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only one thing to add to this tread. You are making a big mistake by assuming you have run out everybody except for those who have pocket pairs. Like a million other players, I call with a lot of hands other than PPs if I'm in a position and the bet is cheap enough to do so. If you will notice, many of those hands are the ones to crack AA. When you are in a hand with AA, you need to do some thinking like you would with other hands. Find out the things you need to consider when you are playing any hand. There are many GL to you

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play normal reise normal you want call if you have AA if you afraid to get call when you have AA dont play poker

P

par

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slow roll with AA is one of the things ive learned while i play poker, it seems every single pokersite has a rule that if they notice someone is slow rolling AA they will lose againts straight or two pair.

I wish I had known this before I started playing, this was when I started playing, I am on the button, I have one caller and the action gets to me, I have pocket AA(I am so excited), I did not want to scare off the caller, so I just call(thinking, I am going to slowplay this hand, totally forgot about the big blind), the big blind just checks the flop comes 2J8, I go crazy and start betting out, the original caller folds and the big blind calls my raises all the way to the river and shows J8, he had me beat on the flop and I never even knew it, I never forgot that.

M

Mihas1986

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you take a reuse Flop with AA, you must call it and fold normal bet Turn