Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
you and me both buddy, still learning to this day about playing poker, hoping to get into those big tourneys , especially live tourneys, , been playing for 4 years myself and i still play like a rookie.

Stop limping (or at least 'reduce the amount of limping you're doing'). Pretty hard to rep. flops when we're limping a high % pre. An example for you...
Say you have 77 in MP (on roughly 50bb effective stacks). If we open for a raise & get called... we're going to have more opportunity to take it down on the flop when we get an AXX or KXX flop as we'll be able to 'rep' that Ace or King. But if we're just limping... or limp/calling preflop our attempts at taking it down on the flop are going to be less credible.
Limping in often leads us to playing 'fit or fold' postflop which is a transparent way to play.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It does but once i start watching them i start to think that they’ve got so much luck on their side lol

May I suggest you're not watching the right parts. There are a number of things to look out for while watching a training vid. (ie. passive viewing is common but you're not going to get nearly as much out of the vids.) Try to guess what HERO is going to do... how much (or if) they're going to bet, etc. etc. Look to see 'the spots' they pick. (ie. 3betting vs. tight EP player with QJ while on < 20bb's is not recommended)

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a chapter from one of the books recommended in the forums, watch a video, and then think about the skill or theory you learned next time you play. You won't necessarily win more right away; that's due to variance. But don't be results oriented and think that if after reading or watching you didn't start winning 10 BB that you didn't learn anything useful. Make sure you're playing correct theoretically and the cash results will come.