Players who jams AKo or AKs!!!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with AK, you should think of it as an ordinary bill.
At best, if you should call it another card, raise it to 3-4BB.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jamming out front with A,K, no way (unless you're in the already talked about short stacked situation of course) but if you're 3 or 4 betting with it against someone with a wide range? Like other have said, each situation is by pokers very nature, different. Against a tight player who's all in against your 3 or 4 bet, the possibility they have A's or K's and folding is potentially in your best interest. Against wide range speculators, agreed that jamming is still a gamble as any 2 cards can win, but you're going in most likely ahead as a worst case & possible you have their A,rag or K,rag dominated and even with pockets, you still have the A or K potential out.

I would rather get in cheaper and see that flop with A,K than jam, but in certain situations i have no problem jamming back hard against a loose player.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with AK, you should think of it as an ordinary bill.
At best, if you should call it another card, raise it to 3-4BB.
Ordinary bill I like that. It is a hand that can very easily get you trapped!

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jamming out front with A,K, no way (unless you're in the already talked about short stacked situation of course) but if you're 3 or 4 betting with it against someone with a wide range? Like other have said, each situation is by pokers very nature, different. Against a tight player who's all in against your 3 or 4 bet, the possibility they have A's or K's and folding is potentially in your best interest. Against wide range speculators, agreed that jamming is still a gamble as any 2 cards can win, but you're going in most likely ahead as a worst case & possible you have their A,rag or K,rag dominated and even with pockets, you still have the A or K potential out.

I would rather get in cheaper and see that flop with A,K than jam, but in certain situations i have no problem jamming back hard against a loose player.
I love your response! Hopefully some of those players who plays with the Big Slick will read your post and adjust the way they play!

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Happens all the time. Others do it, they hit it, against my pocket Qs. I call a jam with AK, their medium pockets hold, while I get bupkiss. Hate it!

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

And I think it depends on the situation you're in, and if you know who's at the table. but each hand is different so the answer would be according to the chips you have or at the moment you are if it is a tournament for example.

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little bit of a mixed strategy here

Mostly 3betting with mixing some low frequency flats and rejamms under 30bb.

Deep stacked 40bb +
I Alway 3bet. 2 exeptions

- a nit opens in early position. Then i rather flat to keep his range wide. Or induce a light sqeeuze.
- in a bounty tourney with a few shorties behind to induce a Light reshove of the original raiser.

Buth so much things to consider in a specific situation.

Not a big fan of slowplaying ak to much Either.

Ak performs wel vs strong and medium ranges where you dominant smaller aces and kings etc.

Ak performs less good vs wide ranges. hands like suited connectors etc create way ahead or way behind situations.

Sorry for the wall off text

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls I see lots of players call with worse than AK, so if you can find those players who are capable of calling shoves deep with hands like AJ its not that bad of a play. In general I think shoving AK deep is worse the higher you move up in stakes.

M

magnus369

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends more on the game you are playing than on the hand itself. I say this because deep play allows one line of play, and medium and short stack play other lines of play.

For example in cash games I like to play an aggressive hand when I'm in position, but in the meantime I play some apartments to diversify my line of play, but I never get into multway pots, but I don't play all-in immediately, I prefer to 3-bet, and maybe play a pot with a 4-bet, but I never want to get involved all in, I'm usually too far behind when it comes to all in, or at least I would be flipping with most of the players' pre-flop shove combo, and I would lose to another portion of hands that would play a 100bb deep pot all in. This is why I prefer to play AK actively, but not as effectively, in cash games, hands that form huge games make huge pots.

Well but now talking about tournaments and SnG, it's one of the sacred hands that even with 40bb basically almost nothing makes me not want to put all my chips in play, I'm rooting when I'm in the big vlind, for some pre-flop raise, and a call, so I can squeeze, and many times I'll be much further ahead than my opponent, because the short game, requires greater opening of the ranges. The even shorter game makes it much more preferable to go all in pre-flop, you know 25bb or less, you get excited when you see AK.

For me, I just don't see myself going all in with AK in the cash game, because I think it's more opportune to play the streets because I'm deep. While in tournaments I prefer to play very aggressive and forward.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to be a more common thing in freerolls. Often, it comes down to being a situational play, given the variables.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally,i like it when players telegraph their hands,,,makes it easier for me. ;)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Jamming AKs must work. It knocks me out plenty when I call with TT-KK:(

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is strong inough to be jammed, it has decent equity against pairs all over QQ, and the main reason to jam it is to make fold pocket TT and less, sometimes pple will even fold JJ, when called you're still in flip. The only problem is when you hit the top of villain's range with KK AA, so there are few combos, that you block, 3 combos of KK, 3 combos of AA, so it will depend on the width and more importantly the player you play. someone with 12% or more of 3betting range, it's very usual to 4bet with AK and even AQ, up to AT 20 to 40% the time, and light 4betting with some sort of connectors 20% of the time. So if your 4bet will commit the effective stack to the pot, it's better to shove.