Players who jams AKo or AKs!!!

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your thoughts on players who jams AKo or AKs preflop when they can slow play it and have better results by not loosing their whole stack! This really bothers me to see players over valuing the Big Slick!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why? Depending on the situation it well could be the correct play, if not shouldn't you be looking to exploit them down the road? I would rather see another player at the table making mistakes with AK than say, using the word loosing when they meant losing. Just sayin. :)

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When the stack to pot ratio is low, you have no choice but shove all-in preflop with AK, this is a very common situation in later stage of a tournament.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? Depending on the situation it well could be the correct play, if not shouldn't you be looking to exploit them down the road? I would rather see another player at the table making mistakes with AK than say, using the word loosing when they meant losing. Just sayin. :)
Ok so you know everyone has type errors even great authors. That's why proofreading is done! This has nothing to do with me not able to spell the word right but as small as your mind is that will be the way you see life! Get off my post if you have nothing constructive to say!

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the stack to pot ratio is low, you have no choice but shove all-in preflop with AK, this is a very common situation in later stage of a tournament.
Yes I understand at late stages in a tourney and short stacked your game is pretty much push or fold. However I was referring to earlier stages when you are not pressured with the blinds and your stack size allows you to see multiple streets.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Ok so you know everyone has type errors even great authors. That's why proofreading is done! This has nothing to do with me not able to spell the word right but as small as your mind is that will be the way you see life! Get off my post if you have nothing constructive to say!
LOL, don't burst a blood vessel, Kenzie gave you an answer and then a small joke on your typo, instead of commenting on his real answer you took the joke as the substance of his post.

Lighten up.

And if you haven't noticed, anyone can reply to you, you don't get to say who can post a reply. :rofl:

:deal:

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, don't burst a blood vessel, Kenzie gave you an answer and then a small joke on your typo, instead of commenting on his real answer you took the joke as the substance of his post.

Lighten up.

And if you haven't noticed, anyone can reply to you, you don't get to say who can post a reply. :rofl:

:deal:
I guess I'm the new Will Smith!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Zero call against a range of JJ +,AKs,AKo.You need 78/(78+122)=39% equity to call.There is almost 40% against this range.But if he 4bets and always folds his AK to the push,he will play in the red.So calling is better than folding.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Different players have different visions, experiences and skills. In general, there are many factors to consider. I think that understanding the game comes only with experience. I have been playing for about 7 years and in general I already have my own idea of how to behave in a variety of situations.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in this case the players simply change the tactics of the game to aggressive. Whether this is justified or not, it all depends on professionalism.

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically with AK or AKs your style of play depends on who you play with at the table, sometimes aggressive play can be a very correct decision;)

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant see the problem
that strategy works 85% of the time with me
but im late reg player

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion, every day is a new day, and every experience is a new experience, 90% of the time I don't play with aces, I've lost so many games and tournaments, that I lost count, but sometimes with a lot of coins in my cashier, I pay the bet and I don't go to allinn, it would be a fault

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume early that the point is to not have too many callers? But early in FR it rarely works, I find and I se AK called by all sorts - paired royals all the way to any suited connecters and they rarely stand up, so I wouldn't do it. In early tournament, it seems that everyone is taking a chance to build their stack - go out or build their stack - especially freerolls or rebuys, so it's not worth pushing but might be worth calling if there is enough equity in the pot to take the chance - if that's what you like which seems the currently popular move on some sites.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends, there is no single rule for playing specific hands. I'm hesitant to go all in especially when it's early in the tournament. It totally depends on the situation, sometimes going all-in preflop might be the right thing to do, and sometimes it might not be.

xXFelaXx

xXFelaXx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that depends on how you are going on the chip count, if im short, ill defenitly will shuv the Ako or Aks, but if im on the avarage, ill slowplaying those cards.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think that depends on how you are going on the chip count, if im short, ill defenitly will shuv the Ako or Aks, but if im on the avarage, ill slowplaying those cards.
Average and deep stack no! Especially early in a tourney that's a big NO!!! Short stacked without a doubt!!!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I understand at late stages in a tourney and short stacked your game is pretty much push or fold. However I was referring to earlier stages when you are not pressured with the blinds and your stack size allows you to see multiple streets.

These are generally inexperienced players.

They are not skilled at post-flop play.

They think they need to see all 5 cards on the board.

At some point they won 3 flips in a row and they love AK.

At times I am guilty of this too and it generally does not work out well.

Good luck !

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are generally inexperienced players.

They are not skilled at post-flop play.

They think they need to see all 5 cards on the board.

At some point they won 3 flips in a row and they love AK.

At times I am guilty of this too and it generally does not work out well.

Good luck !
Well said Mike!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I could really care less if I overplay big slick. Besides letting a persons A2 or A5 take me out of the game, I also avoid wasting another 1.5 hours of my time only to bubble or lose to a 6 of club with runner runner club flush.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like AK, it is the best non paired two cards you can have. Rule ONE is don't get married to it, it is just another starting hand. Rule TWO is there is no one correct way to play it every time. As with everything else, keep them guessing and don't become predictable.

Jim
:eek::eek::eek:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your thoughts on players who jams AKo or AKs preflop when they can slow play it and have better results by not loosing their whole stack! This really bothers me to see players over valuing the Big Slick!

If you do not get attached to the position at the table, the depth of the stacks and other nuances, then this is the tactic of most likely weak players who do not know what to do next, especially if they do not immediately hit the flop. Therefore, they prefer to simply take the blinds if they can not beat a weaker hand or leave immediately. As a rule, these do not live long because they are calculated very quickly, besides, AK is not the strongest preflop hand and no one has yet canceled the element of coincidence in poker.