player sat on timer till it ran out every hand!

N

Nicho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saying!

I have no use for people that type zzzzz ...... It makes you like your 12:(

It makes you like your 12. Really? So does your English.

I think you mean, "It makes you look like you're 12."
Hey, it was probably you!

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truly makes no sense in a 1 table game unless driving the blinds
up was the goal...otherwise I think the clock can be a valuable tool
and have used it in quite a few instances.

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever i have someone like that, i just focus on my other tables or do something else online while waiting for my turn. btw, very shitty luck in hand three and the hand you lost on (but especially hand 3. the guy that won played like a major donk)

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truly makes no sense in a 1 table game unless driving the blinds
up was the goal...otherwise I think the clock can be a valuable tool
and have used it in quite a few instances.
I've used it in tournaments when I'm short stacked but close to the money. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was just a second account of one of the other players create for the purpose of getting people to tilt.

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes that may be true, but this situation is way out of the realm of which you speak. THere is absolutely no reason to do it in a one table tournament and on top of that to never even make a move AT ALL. you missed the point.

If this was a Single table tourney then I don't see why this should have sent you on tilt so much??

Every player at the table is at an equal disadvantage, which is better than being in a large MTT where you are now at a disadvantage.

Moral: Find something to occupy yourself (music/forums etc) and just play the game like any other tourney.. with less hands per/hr obviously.

or play turbos! You will never be able to choose who you sit with at tables so if you can't deal with it find a new game!

Best of luck to you at the tables Coyote! :) :cheers:

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the gist of it:
1. "There are, at times, valid reasons for clock manipulation. Usually these times are near the bubble." (dj11)
2. "There are programs that can auto sit you back in if you end up sitting out. So it is possible the guy had to go afk through out the whole game which could force this type of scenario of taking max time each hand." - I would guess this is the problem here. He should have left the tournament instead, he would have been autofolded.
3. The reason nobody reacted to your spamming is that people turn player chat off for exactly that reason, or just mute the person they don't want to listen to.

BTW if I have the chat on and I see a spammer I autoreport him and mute him. Problem solved.

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you sure his hand just wasn't being autofolded after he ran out of time? He might've not actually been playing because he had to leave, had an emergency, forgot etc...

Don't most servers sit you out?

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was playing in a series of tournies that awarded points for each game, there was a strategy of using the clock to avoid early exits and maximize points.At the end of the month the highest point total was the winner. Doubt thats what this was but it's the only reason I haven't seen posted.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play one game at a time and go on the internet, just wait for the table to pop up and you wont notice how long someone takes. if it happens again just try that.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i only play one game at a time and go on the internet, just wait for the table to pop up and you wont notice how long someone takes. if it happens again just try that.

Umm... except for the fact that you will be missing any and all info on your opponents. Hardly a solution.

BluffyouBAD

BluffyouBAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty common in tournaments when money bubble is closing in. Players believe they can waste their clocks and allow other players to knock themselves out so they can make money.

I could never do it since I don't know how much more effective it is and it seems boring/rude as all hell.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i run into these guys i thank goodness for pogo. may as well play some yahtzee or solitare while i wait for the fools.

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many times to use the clock to a persons advantage, even going so far as slow play during hand for hand so the blinds go up on someone who may get forced into the blinds before you if play is slow enough.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I will have to try that tactic sometime, lol
just timing out and tilting people, :)

tracyrickrobby

tracyrickrobby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes that was very deliberate!! there are always a few bad apples in the bunch!! dont let it stop you!! like one of the posts said, just steal his blinds! or sit on your clock some!! he might stop!!

C

CRASH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Coyote Gal
I am new so forgive me if what I say makes no sense and let me know too.
Could it be the poker room doesn't time out players that aren't there and just run down the clock?
Also, I liked what you said on sharkchart(?) where do I find that?
Thanks.

Lady_Ist

Lady_Ist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was an idiot to my left who, every time it was its turn, just sat till the timer ran out, then folded. the wierdo never played a hand.. never made a move.. It was just too wierd and it totally took every single bit of fun out of the game.

maybe he was sooooooooooooo happy and proud of himself tooo:))) that just was afraid to make any move:))))))

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are programs that can auto sit you back in if you end up sitting out. So it is possible the guy had to go afk through out the whole game which could force this type of scenario of taking max time each hand.
Next time something like this happens just find something else to help occupy your time with to not tilt.

A

aRoseIsaRose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played tournaments with a certain person on 3 different sites. This person will run the timer out each and every time if he folds. If he stays in the hand he will click a button at the last moment before it folds him. If he folds it is 100% timed outs and if he calls it is 95% the very last moment. Its very aggravating to sit in a tournament and not being able to play the vast majority of hands in under 4 minutes. When you do get off the table after an hour and a half with this person, usually a lot of people have lost and are gone but if you started with 3 000 chips and got luck and made it 4500, you get sent to tables with a lot of players with 20-30,000 chips. You are going either get bullied or ignored on most of your raises by calls. Your fold equity stinks.

Last edited:
GrandMaestro7

GrandMaestro7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see alot of this the closer to the bubble. I cant help but snap play! I only sometimes time out in freerolls when the same person is just shoving for the sake of it.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This drives me crazy also. I tend to tilt on tables like this. It takes a lot of the fun and all of the excitement out of the game. You get used to a certain speed and style of play in online poker, especially when you're used to everybody participating.

It has made me tilt before. I get impatient and sometimes it just...throws me off my game. I'll give a recent example. Playing a double or nothing turbo on Bovada. Typically these are done in under 45 minutes. I can get through two of them in about an hour and I have a very good win ratio from them. This particular one I had 2-3 players who were nearly timing out every hand.

As the OP stated, no one would chat or comment either. Things drug out sooooooo slowwwwwly. No one got out. An hour into this game and I've already cashed in two others. I start open shoving due to the high blinds. I was very happy to be off that table even in 5th place.

T

terminaex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online players take advantage of the time for two main reasons:
1. They bubble is about to burst and they are short staked and don't want to be blinded out (waste time to see less hand and delay paying blinds and antes)

2. They are multi-tabling and completely missed playing a table but their software auto-activates their time bank.

Just remember to avoid chatting at all costs and keep your cool.

L

luciano allyson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a question, have a website that reflects the hands?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands