player sat on timer till it ran out every hand!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are, at times, valid reasons for clock manipulation. Usually these times are near the bubble.

The most reasonable explanation is that he was multi-tabling. It is completely possible to miss a table if one overdoes it with more tables than comfortably fit on one screen. I know I can't do too many tables effectively.:eek:

There is also the possibilities of that player being disabled and using a blow tube to move the pointer......maybe he was having a coughing fit, laughing and as we all know, that plays havoc with those blow tube controls.:rolleyes:

Much less likely is bots. One might think a reasonable bot would be able to keep track of what tables it has open.....

I usually have a solitare game going so that when this type of thing happens I can keep occupied and not tilt......:cool:

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand getting pissed. Just make sure if it happens again you don't chat. If he was intending to tilt ppl, the minute someone shows they are pissed off, he will NEVER quit.

+1 ...That is the beautiful thing about online poker: You are behind a computer. You can scream and cuss at them all you want, but the second you send something into the chat box, you are only encouraging them to continue.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, I was on tilting because I was working with the Stake from CC and I was down and really couldn't afford to lose another game. So when he started up, it just made my tension level hit the ceiling! I've played enough games to know that that game was in the "twighlight zone". It was strange enough, him waiting every single hand out till the timer ran out... remember.. this is Cake, so you can tell if someone is sitting out... but it was even stranger that he never even ONCE played a hand, with the exceptions of his BB and SB and at that he didn't play them, just went through the motions and either won because everyone else folded or folded himself if anyone bidded... (I just double checked the hand history above and that is a fact) .No how strange is that... ?? . on top of that, not one other person said one word... and to me, that too was unusual..I've seen many times where one person will get impatient and almost always someone agrees or tells the impatient one to chill.. but I've never seen a table act the way this one did all around... it was just too strange..... Could he be on tilt and just be acting stupid...No.. I really don't think so... there was something up but I cant tell you what it was... I am leaning towards him possibly playing two seats... and don't tell me thats not possible because it can be easily done several different ways... but the more I think about it, the more I think that might have been the case... he may be trying to tilt people with the one persona and take thier money with the other... hell, I don't know.. All I know is that was one wierd game and it couldn't have happened at a worse time....I really needed to be able to read the table so I could play my best to win for the CC stake and his BS threw me way off my game.... and it pissed me off from the get go and I just got madder and madder...:confused: :mad: !:eek:
stupid.gif
lol He and that dude that insulted me ^^^ are just lucky Ma Belle is no more... Cause I really feel like reaching out and touching someone about now! hahahha... just kidding...

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quote /the CC stake and his BS threw me way off my game
thats is exactly why he was doing it !
quiet calm and play ur game !

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quote /the CC stake and his BS threw me way off my game
thats is exactly why he was doing it !
quiet calm and play ur game !
As I said before... maybe but if so, then he was either collusioning or playing two hands because he never played a hand.

V

VVrath

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are programs that can auto sit you back in if you end up sitting out. So it is possible the guy had to go afk through out the whole game which could force this type of scenario of taking max time each hand.
Next time something like this happens just find something else to help occupy your time with to not tilt.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recall reading a thread about this on 2+2. There are people who do this intentionally as a strategy to win games. Wait for the other player to get sick of them and sitout or shove ATC.

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow Hand

Playing in the tournaments, ones like the Midnight and such I see this so much. Blinds start at 20 which is why I don't play the turbo games. I like to be able to play as many hands as possible. Now I don't mean I want to play every hand as I think any card can win, but do like to be in position to do so if it happens to go my way.
Really I may not play these anymore as I am sick of people taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to fold their hand, every time they touch their cards. Last night, I made a comment. I said why did'nt I just play in the turbo. Or more like it is why did they not play in the turbo. So I am not joining these anymore. I am sure there are so many people in these turnaments who play as a team or even are multi accounters, which pisses me off. I play fair, always have always will. So this type of game happening is not good. Not good for my skill set to come in and be part of what is such bs that it makes me want to not play cards. Ever.
So for those who think this is a strategy to play, you are losing money to be made if you could beat me, which is not difficult. But you are losing money because I will no longer be a part of those tournaments.
I played very well in the last few days, the last time I did not come out winning was lol cc buyin game and this game I am talking about. I moved over to the cash tables, made my money back that I had lost and called it even and as soon as this ocurred, I turned off carbon.
So I hope to enjoy tournaments again as I am in tournament fever but I will not play with these people again. I wish the whole world and cc could join and beet these guys who are probably multi accounting. Let's put these punks on tilt.
I would rather beat someone with the hand dealt to me whatever they may be than to sit there and watch the clock run out every hand trying to gain an advantage. Some people will do this style when there are LLB's at the table.
See you all at the cash tables.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no use for people that type zzzzz ...... It makes you like your 12:(

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Have had similar experiences to OP.Some people are just spiteful.
Open up another table and wait out the nasty dudes disappearance.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you sure his hand just wasn't being autofolded after he ran out of time? He might've not actually been playing because he had to leave, had an emergency, forgot etc...

S

sKiTzo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say you are in a satellite tourney where the first through thirtieth finishers win a ticket. With 50 or 60 players left, I've taken as long as possible when my chips are low and the blinds are big to increase the chances of more players being eliminated - and it does work. But that's the only instance where I could see doing that.

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he did it literly every hand his connection may have been really shaky. if i play in wifi areas i think it takes me the whole timer to act a lot of the time. doesnt explain why he never played though. i usually dont mind stalling because i know they will basically fold everything and are no threat. just takes away the fun if its the only table u r playing

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured people did this to get the blinds up and to get some people mad so they either throw an all inner or just to knock ''em out of their gameplan.
I hate when people purposely wasted the clock. Such a waste of life. Also, if there are LLB's I would take that into consideration as to why a person may do something like this.
poker site X stopped giving players the 30seconds which really hurts when you need a few seconds to do what you got to do just because of their LLB's.
They should have taken the LLB's away not the extra time.
Really sucks they did this.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya... all in all, I agree with those who think it may be some time of 'strategy'. (for lack of a better word).. For those of you who had to comment on my immaturity... pretty much makes you on about the same level of maturity as you suggest I am, considering the reason why I did it. It's not like I sit around at tables talkin zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz s all the time. This player would have pissed off a saint and if you cant see that then maybe your one of those types of players????

For all the good advice, thanks!

Now, I'ma go take a nap! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....lol:icon_pira

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the strategy behind it, getting them on tilt and, so on and so forth. To me it shows a lack of respect for the other players. Probably because they have no respect for themselves! My advice is (patience is a virtue). Just wait for good hand, when they have a good hand and take them out.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this all the time in tournaments close to the money and I can think of tons of reasons to do it. The other tables play more hands and the small stacks get blinded out while you move closer to the money. It draws attention to yourself and makes it a bit more scary when you play a hand. It enduces aggression into your blinds, which presents awesome stealing opportunities. It can tilt people, like several of the people in this thread.

About the showing a lack of respect aspect, I don't really see that at all. You are given a set amount of time to use and are entitled to use it all, should you choose. Live would be a different matter, but online I don't see any problem in just taking the optimal line (whatever you think that is) in every situation. If people are complaining about someone wasting time, I often bring up that point. The whiners are showing no respect. Someone just using their given time is just playing the game within the rules.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this all the time in tournaments close to the money and I can think of tons of reasons to do it. The other tables play more hands and the small stacks get blinded out while you move closer to the money. It draws attention to yourself and makes it a bit more scary when you play a hand. It enduces aggression into your blinds, which presents awesome stealing opportunities. It can tilt people, like several of the people in this thread.

About the showing a lack of respect aspect, I don't really see that at all. You are given a set amount of time to use and are entitled to use it all, should you choose. Live would be a different matter, but online I don't see any problem in just taking the optimal line (whatever you think that is) in every situation. If people are complaining about someone wasting time, I often bring up that point. The whiners are showing no respect. Someone just using their given time is just playing the game within the rules.

Sometimes that may be true, but this situation is way out of the realm of which you speak. THere is absolutely no reason to do it in a one table tournament and on top of that to never even make a move AT ALL. you missed the point.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some a-holes at tables. If you say something in chat he won't ever quit. Sometimes best to bite your tongue and live with it. Very distracting though. I hate when players do that, especially when no reason. There is a sit-out button on most games too.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes that may be true, but this situation is way out of the realm of which you speak. THere is absolutely no reason to do it in a one table tournament and on top of that to never even make a move AT ALL. you missed the point.

Missed that before too, didn't notice if the type of tournament was mentioned in the first post.

For a single table of course there is no reason at all.

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That kind of people are indeed annoying. And you just cannot do anything to help. Is it a strategy for their to tortune their opponents? It drives me mad everytime.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
seems to happen often in the Double Ups, usually when blinds are high for obvious reasons

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands