To pay or not to pay?

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Complicated? Let's take another example: imagine that, having a flush draw on the turn and a flush (13 outs), you calculated your probability of winning at 26% and your opponent makes a bet of 1000 in a pot that already had 1200, is it worth paying?

Calculating the pot odds, we have 1000/3200 equal to approximately 0.31, or 31%. In this case, the pot odds are greater than the probability that you hit the hand, so the correct play would be to fold.

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Not if you are in position with good implied odds such that you win extra money on the river when you hit your draw, but oop generally yes folding is often best
circumstantial condition, great example,

what's your game pattern?

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Complicated? Let's take another example: imagine that, having a flush draw on the turn and a flush (13 outs), you calculated your probability of winning at 26% and your opponent makes a bet of 1000 in a pot that already had 1200, is it worth paying?

Calculating the pot odds, we have 1000/3200 equal to approximately 0.31, or 31%. In this case, the pot odds are greater than the probability that you hit the hand, so the correct play would be to fold.
In this case, the pot odds are greater than the chance of hitting the hand, so the correct play would be to fold.
You know the answer yourself bro

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must have other outs than to flush to have 13 outs.
Flush is usually with 9 outs so 18 if boths flop and river draw counts.

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You must have other outs than to flush to have 13 outs.
Flush is usually with 9 outs so 18 if boths flop and river draw counts.

I respect your opinion, but we are always willing to understand and discuss how each one would act; and yes this probability is counting with the river and also of easy understanding in how many would be your aponent(s).

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I can say one thing if you have a lot of chips, you can level the pot even if the amount exceeds the amount of the call pot you can call and win a large amount of money when you exit the card you need so if you are the chip leader you should press the call and win this chance to win and it's fold

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
Mainly I agree with @spunka
The odds on a turn or river of the flush are 9 overall (your two cards plus the two flush cards from the showdown).
Possibly you will always find some other possibility such as getting some more high pair, or a straight draw. Many times the odds are increased in this way.
Regarding the other, well look, for me and it is my personal opinion, I always try to pay attention to the call bets, especially if they do not vary my stack too much to see any possibility of a project.
In this case, in general, when a possible flush draw appears on the table, the one who bets almost a pot can have a high pair even over the possible pair that can be made on the flop, so that a flop is understood, for example :js4::7s4::3d4: the villain has :qh4::qd4:.
So they make these big bets almost to get you to fold.
It's like they tell you,,,, do you want to see your flush project??? then pay.
And well, after that the decision becomes yours, whether or not you want to see the other street. And always understanding that it is very likely that the street you see is the turn. If your color does not come out there, possibly the villain's next bet will be allin for you to fold and he does not suffer a badbeat.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I appreciate your opinion and vision of the game, I try to use the same references, but there is something more... and how far we would go in this discussion is what interests me; now let's see the example..you can believe your hand to a flush.

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I can say one thing if you have a lot of chips, you can level the pot even if the amount exceeds the amount of the call pot you can call and win a large amount of money when you exit the card you need so if you are the chip leader you should press the call and win this chance to win and it's fold
even considering the probability of equity ?

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold, the pot is expensive, but a flush draw is tempting.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To pay, or not to pay?!. This is eternal question! This is very similar, as about Shakespeare: "To be, or not to be, that is the question..." Won't guess anyway!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Not necessarily. You also have to think about the players your against. Some players will pay you off even if that river is that flush card you have. If they would pay you off if you hit that added equity would possible change a fold into a call. The problem is he may not call every time and you need to be certain he would call some bet you would make.

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Not necessarily. You also have to think about the players your against. Some players will pay you off even if that river is that flush card you have. If they would pay you off if you hit that added equity would possible change a fold into a call. The problem is he may not call every time and you need to be certain he would call some bet you would make.
I understand perfectly, that's when you have the other 50% of the game in your hands, the art of persuasion, psychological mastery, and consequently the strategic gain

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips

not necessarily, that's correct, but in all likelihood, would it change the game?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If I have a stack high in chips I pay more online the variance plays total I don't risk the tournament!!! It would be different if I don't have enough chips to hold on obviously I wouldn't risk it and I would retire from the hand... greetings

F

Felipeemattos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips

nothing takes away from me the happiness of having called the attention of an important person as a guide, I will always listen to him and respect him and he will always have my admiration; but I can impress you and that's the intention.