Pair of KK and an Ace on the flop - How do you play it?

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to deal with this situation being that I have a pair of KK and an ace comes on the flop; I always analyze against whom I am playing: if my opponent has a good stack or not, and how they have played during the game for me to decide how to play. Whether or not you should call a bet or fold?

pair of KK, every time I go out with these cards, my first action is to eliminate the opponents who possibly do not have A, making a raise above normal, in case I take a call I know that maybe the opponent can have A, ha flop if the A appears I bet to see the reaction of the opponent in case he pays I can have the fold option.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you raise big pre-flop? That could indicate you have a strong hand and if many other players called it's likely they might have an A themself.

What other cards are in the flop with the A? Is there a potential for a straight or a flush? Is there a Q, J or T?

There are many factors like above to consider. But generally you should test the waters by raising and see how the other players react.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with no ace - you can still represent a stronger ace with KK against an opponent you feel is calling cheap or betting light, playing KK to the river is brave with any ace of the board but you can often get players to lay down weaker aces by being aggressive..
For me - playing KK is all about positions and aggression - dont be afraid to reraise or jam too - give the opponent questions to answer..

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you put the question more broadly, it would sound like this: How must act player on flop with pocket pair( even AA) after raise, re-raise or call pre-flop if his hand has not improved on the flop, no draw will appear for his hand and he see high cards or an opportunity for the opponent to collect a straight or a flash? Or in other words, how to determine the range of calls (raises, re-raises) of the opponent, whether he hit the flop and with what (high pair, two pair, draw). That is, any player decides on the same issues in any hand during the game.
The answer turns out by itself: in each hand, in which you participate, you must understand how and what your opponent (or opponents) can play with and make a decision accordingly.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I support those who talk about aggression, just like that! And in principle, if we take the General situation, and not to analyze in detail the distribution-stack, position, style of play opponent, the result is one to play the hand of the QC in pressure,and there is already to watch the situation-with the ACE on the flop-double your stack, still will not work For you, so you either take away a small Bank or lose a little chips,depending on the opponent's game!

G

gouloum16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if im first to play i do a little raise if he re raise i usualy fold unless its a player who bluff a lot

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh we all love seeing that flopped ace when holding KK lol.Its become somewhat of an instant fold for me unless my gut or a read tells me otherwise...extreme caution or on to the next hand for me.gl gl.

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often fold it if it s start to raise to much..!

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly ever have kings and an ace doesn't hit the board. I think an ace hits the board about as often as I get a duece. In mycard reader I hit a duece ten times more than any other card. Online is crazy for me.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Be happy when an ace hits the board, so you are less likely to have to deal with silent sets.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would check to see what they do. As someone mentioned, it is all about the position and the style of player. If they make a small, they could be baiting, but I would call to see the turn and check again. Hopefully they check, but it does depend on stack and other factors.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of games when i could not fold KK with Ace on flop ended for my stack badly. now if i have no info about my opponent i will probably fold KK in case of bet more than 3bb

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always get very nervous in this scenario! I try to play moderately play aggressive. I hold KK many times and lost.. It's hard to fold KK regardless...